talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Krzysztof Piatek - Hertha Berlin sign Polish striker

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Spike said:

One season wonder, He had it written all over him but Milan fell for it yet again.

Hmmm...well that one season, was a hell of a season. He was scoring for fun and many of his goals were of high quality. He scored some beauties and he broke several records in the process.

I don't really see how "he had it written all over him", to be honest. I mean he had a good scoring record in Poland and then, in his first season in Italy at a struggling Genoa, he was a scoring machine. Even when he joined Milan, halfway through the season, he continued to score many goals. Piatek ended up with more league goals than Cristiano Ronaldo of Juve last season, even though Piatek played for both Genoa and Milan, 2 clubs that are much weaker than Juve.

Yes, he's not scored that many goals this season, but that could be due to a number of factors. The fact that he scored several high calibre goals on a consistent basis last season, would suggest to me, that he is still a quality player. Personally, I think it's way too soon to write Piatek off. 

As the old saying goes, form is temporary, but class is permanent.

• The title was changed to Krzysztof Piatek - Tottenham & Sevilla In For AC Milan Striker
  • 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Rumoured 27-28 Mio €. 

€27 million for Piatek will be an absolute bargain if he can regain his form of last season. AC Milan paid Genoa €38 million for Piatek when they bought him from Genoa at the beginning of 2019, so Hertha have bought him for much less. 

Hertha are purchasing some very gifted youngsters and their squad seems to be shaping up well. Already this January they have bought Santiago Ascacibar, Lucas Tousart and now Krzysztof Piatek, the future seems to be looking bright in Berlin.

Archived