talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Royal Family

football forum

How do you feel about the monarchy?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the monarchy?

• Fine as it is.
    • Should be kept but needs significant alterations.
    • We should start to look into abolishing it.

• Subscriber

Adding a bit more good on Harry wanting that, move away from the spotlight and earn his own dosh without relying on mummy & daddy doing it for him, that's his mother's upbringing coming out in him.

We have a grown-up son & daughter who have moved out and don't rely on mummy & daddy anymore but they know that we are here if needed, they make there own dosh with our son as a taxi driver who works all the hours under the sun to bring in the dosh, he doesn't moan about it and when he has a break he will come home with a bottle of wine for mummy & daddy, lagers for himself and we all sit down and have a good chin wag, then our daughter will arrive with the grandsons and then it's happy family time in our little Palace of a 2nd floor flat.  :ay: 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

I actually like both William and Harry, I like Kate Middleton as well. It's the institution that's the problem. Probably that the likes of Philip and Charles who are both of the more pompous, out of touch era, that have been the most senior royals throughout my lifetime. Andrew as well with recent events pretty much contributing 100% to what I think of him. I have a huge amount of respect for the Queen herself.

I think the royals do a bit more than what people make out, probably less in recent years. It's a shame that Harry's going to go off the scene as he was quite involved in a lot of mental health awareness stuff. I think the crown would be viewed a lot more favourably if things fast-forwarded to the part where William was the monarch to be honest.

3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I actually like both William and Harry, I like Kate Middleton as well. It's the institution that's the problem. Probably that the likes of Philip and Charles who are both of the more pompous, out of touch era, that have been the most senior royals throughout my lifetime. Andrew as well with recent events pretty much contributing 100% to what I think of him. I have a huge amount of respect for the Queen herself.

I think the royals do a bit more than what people make out, probably less in recent years. It's a shame that Harry's going to go off the scene as he was quite involved in a lot of mental health awareness stuff. I think the crown would be viewed a lot more favourably if things fast-forwarded to the part where William was the monarch to be honest.

Just imagine you didn't have the queen and the only national leadership you had to look up to and fill you with a sense of pride and purpose was Boris?

Personally as an Aussie even I'm grateful to have the queen..

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Harry said:

Just imagine you didn't have the queen and the only national leadership you had to look up to and fill you with a sense of pride and purpose was Boris?

Honestly, I wouldn't care day to day. I don't have any need to look up to national leadership. They're only people with their positives and flaws like me. The people I look up to are my parents and the people I have worked with that I see as positive role models. And then the occasional sportsperson like Andy Murray or Jenson Button, partially because they represent my country but also because, again, they actually do things worth respecting, and I find them relatable personality-wise.

I have a lot of respect for the Queen like I say but why should I or anyone 'look up to her' just because she's the Queen? She's the Queen because of who her parents were. If she was just some ordinary person and she happened to do great things then I might look up to her. The idea that we should look up to the royal family because...... no reason aside from the fact that they're the royal family is the whole problem with the existence of it.

• Subscriber

I like William & Kate and I honestly believe that if the Queen retires then Charles and his 'Bimbo' as the wife calls her, Camillo should not go anywhere near the throne and Charles being King and it should be King William & Queen Kate, I think the Royal Family doubters would then stop doubting Royalty so much.

19 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Disrespectful Phillip is late 90’s he’s also a war hero. He was a great driver of modernisation of the monarchy when she came to power because he’s seen what happened to his family in Greece. 

His mother btw remained in nazi occupied Athens living off bread and butter during WW2 and sheltered Jews and distributed rations to the poor. She’s recognised by the state of Israel with an honorific for her aid during the holocaust. 

19 hours ago, Harry said:

Presidents and other functionaries cost far more 

19 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Honestly, I wouldn't care day to day. I don't have any need to look up to national leadership. They're only people with their positives and flaws like me. The people I look up to are my parents and the people I have worked with that I see as positive role models. And then the occasional sportsperson like Andy Murray or Jenson Button, partially because they represent my country but also because, again, they actually do things worth respecting, and I find them relatable personality-wise.

I have a lot of respect for the Queen like I say but why should I or anyone 'look up to her' just because she's the Queen? She's the Queen because of who her parents were. If she was just some ordinary person and she happened to do great things then I might look up to her. The idea that we should look up to the royal family because...... no reason aside from the fact that they're the royal family is the whole problem with the existence of it.

The crown is very symbolic and the whole point of it is enshrined in duty. They (the royals) view king or queen ship as a duty rather than a blessing. We think of it like some medieval power where being the Queen or king means you can call the shots. 

In reality it’s every aspect of your life being judged under a microscope while you must be shown to be whiter than white because you’re not basically an over hyped powerless diplomats sent to ribbon cut and hand shank everyone from factory owners on rainy days in stoke to despot leaders of banana republics. 

19 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

I like William & Kate and I honestly believe that if the Queen retires then Charles and his 'Bimbo' as the wife calls her, Camillo should not go anywhere near the throne and Charles being King and it should be King William & Queen Kate, I think the Royal Family doubters would then stop doubting Royalty so much.

Harsh Charles loved Camilla way before Diana was even known to him, his family forced him away from her because of the fear of scandal. It’s why they’ve let Harry and wills marry for love and look where that’s got Harry

15 hours ago, 6666 said:

Harry & Meghan continually pissing of nationalists and the right wing media is the best thing to do with the royal family.

Brand Sussex is toxic already lol

It’s not the fact they’ve done it, it’s how they’ve done it. The Queen is beloved by many royalists, to disrespect the institution and make your 93 year old man look a twat because you’re an ambitious little Diana wannabe is going to piss the supporters off. 

15 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

IMG_20200110_162507.thumb.jpg.bef53fa22c1e1e84c85eedd3276a6783.jpg

True though avacardo demand has caused problems for Mexico who produce it. 

In some respects all celebrities and social influencers are accountable for effects on products they’ promoting. This goes with the territory royal or not. 

Anyway on topic:

I am a royalist I respect the institution and I wouldn’t swap places with them. She’s blatantly bitten off more than she can chew and wants out of the goldfish bowl but wants to use it to help her create a global super brand 😂

but that doesn’t mean I don’t find it hilarious either

3E0CEC6B-06D1-48DA-AE6F-44101D246ED8.jpeg

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Disrespectful Phillip is late 90’s he’s also a war hero. He was a great driver of modernisation of the monarchy

Interesting choice of word... 

• Subscriber

crown is very symbolic and the whole point of it is enshrined in duty. They (the royals) view king or queen ship as a duty rather than a blessing. We think of it like some medieval power where being the Queen or king means you can call the shots. 

In reality it’s every aspect of your life being judged under a microscope while you must be shown to be whiter than white because you’re not basically an over hyped powerless diplomats sent to ribbon cut and hand shank everyone from factory owners on rainy days in stoke to despot leaders of banana republics

I do agree, I have no issue with any of them as people and I wouldn't swap places with them in a million years. I also think a lot of misinformed people think they have some say in running our lives and get all bitter about it but I'm not one of them. I couldn't be less arsed about being rich either so long as I'm happy and financially secure.

Definitely caught in two minds over this one, I don't disagree with any of your points but I can also see why many people don't see the point in having them.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Harsh Charles loved Camilla way before Diana was even known to him, his family forced him away from her because of the fear of scandal. It’s why they’ve let Harry and wills marry for love and look where that’s got Harry

Like father like son. :whistling:

I see Meghans dad is wading in with his ten pence worth... 

Speaking in a Channel 5 documentary, he described how the couple were ‘destroying’ one of the ‘greatest long-living institutions ever’ and ‘making it shabby’ with their actions. He continued: ‘They are turning [the Royal Family] into a Walmart with a crown on.’

Did make me chuckle that last bit.... 

49 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Speaking in a Channel 5 documentary, he described how the couple were ‘destroying’ one of the ‘greatest long-living institutions ever’ and ‘making it shabby’ with their actions. He continued: ‘They are turning [the Royal Family] into a Walmart with a crown on.’

Is he after the shit dad of the year award?

• Subscriber

Sounds like an absolute gobshite using his daughter's fame as a thin slice of personal relevance. 

Any dad worth his salt wouldn't be publicly criticising his daughter at all, let alone for leaving the country after all the unfair scrutiny she's had.

• Administrator
17 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Sounds like an absolute gobshite using his daughter's fame as a thin slice of personal relevance. 

Any dad worth his salt wouldn't be publicly criticising his daughter at all, let alone for leaving the country after all the unfair scrutiny she's had.

Guessing he just wants a bit of money which emphasises his priorities...

20 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

His comments were basically a nonsense rant.

He really does come across as even more of a fuckwit than I realised. He couldn't give a fuck at all about the crown or the royals so why say anything?

• 1 month later...
  • Administrator
54 minutes ago, CityTheBest said:

Abolish them and make me King. I'd disolve United and give City 100 Billion. Disolve UEFA while i'm at it. :74_japanese_goblin:

Treat yourself to some spelling lessons too ;) 

• 5 months later...

I think it's cool to have a royal family but for touristic ceremonial purposes, much better than having a ' President ' ( who no one cares about ) for the same purpose in some other parliamentary govt countries.

Here the President only comes on TV to give pep talk on national days

• Subscriber

Meghan Markle was criticised this weekend for speaking out against Donald Trump ahead of the November election in the latest of a line of offences that are considered more inappropriate for a member of the Royal Family than being a literal paedophile.

• 6 months later...

Can't find a thread on all that's going on at the minute with Meghan Markle and The Royal Family.

Unsurprisingly I take a very simple view to the whole thing.

Are the criticisms Meghan and Harry have towards the media in the UK fair? Definitely, yes.

Are the criticisms Meghan and Harry have towards The Royal Family fair? More than likely, yes.

Are the criticisms The Royal Family have towards Meghan Markle fair? More than likely, yes.

I don't see anybody coming out of this looking good. The sooner everybody realises this the better. Meghan's comments open up more criticisms of her character, the Royal Family's responses fall far below the standard they regard themselves in and the media keep digging himself a hole with every article written about Meghan.

As somebody whose been in a similar position to Meghan and Harry in regards to miscarriages I am worried about her vulnerabilitys being exploited at the minute. She got pregnant very quickly again after that horrible order and all the attention she's recieved (and inviting on herself at present) makes me believe she hasn't had an opportunity to greive.

• Administrator

The media's treatment of her is just utterly disgusting, to be honest. Such an easy scapegoat for them (and dare I say government who run the media?).

Look at how Kate gets treated and compare that to Meghan.

So many instances of them doing the same thing but the headlines couldn't be any more different.

I really do feel for her. I don't know what to make of this bullying stuff as I haven't looked in to it or read much of it yet, but even before that it's just horrible to read how she gets treated. No wonder they moved out of the limelight in the UK. Then they still manage to get her on her (and Harry's back) because they choose to speak out thousands of miles away.

Media are parasites in any sense. They don't learn. Look at the treatement Caroline Flack got and look how sad that was (and they soon changed their tone when she died). Now they utterly hound Meghan in a more vociferous way. What exactly do the media want out of it?

Archived