talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Royal Family

football forum

How do you feel about the monarchy?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the monarchy?

• Fine as it is.
    • Should be kept but needs significant alterations.
    • We should start to look into abolishing it.

I'm just waiting for the day it finally breaks that Harry isn't the son of Prince Charles and is in fact the son of James Hewitt. 

Harry hasn't wanted part of the whole royal business from day one, lets have it right he's rebelled over and over again and it was only a matter of time before he decided he didn't want to be part of the whole lifestyle. 

That family have so many skeletons hidden in the cupboard it would be impossible to continue to cover the all up forever. 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

It's just sad and painful to watch. I have nothing against any of the individuals in the mainstream of the royal family at all to be honest, but this has really shown how disgusting the people who are employed to keep its foundations solid are, and how terrified they are of anything that will upset the apple cart.

Starting with the bullying, there's a chance that because she hasn't gone into the Royal Family and played the traditional "seen but not heard" role that's expected of the wives to the princes then she's received some backlash from the staff which she may not have expected but as long as there are accusations of bullying we have to accept that she might not be totally innocent on this front. It is very amusing though to see the difference between how her alleged bullying is reported in the overwhelmingly right-wing newspapers compared to Priti Patel's confirmed bullying by an independent body but hey-ho, we know what to expect on this front now.

Harry I feel really sorry for. A lot of their critics seem to paint Meghan as some sort of succubus who has taken advantage of him but I genuinely just think they're a happy couple who felt like it was the best thing for them to move to America. A lot of their critics seem to have the attitude that they shouldn't be allowed to do this "because they're in the Royal Family" but Harry didn't choose this life. Meghan at least had a choice but if they're genuinely happy together then that should be the decision made for them. The Royal Family don't need the pair of them, although I do think that they could have been great for the image of the crown alongside William and Kate who I also think are really good ambassadors, doesn't seem like that's going to happen now. All of this conflict now is about Buckingham Palace saving face. I can't blame Harry for seeking a life away from England and our media though after what happened to his mother and the lack of compassion by the commentators who are frothing at the mouth over Meghan's perceived infringements that even they can't fully explain without sounding ridiculous under any sustained questioning.

It's unpleasant to watch but it has been good to see someone challenge the Murdochian press in the way that Harry and Meghan have. They won another court case showing that the Mail had acted improperly towards them just weeks ago by the way, England won't hear it though. How dare she, an established Hollywood actor, do an interview in the country that she lives in and give her actual opinion on what happened to her. How dare she challenge the one-sided reporting that has come from the English media?

I do feel for the Queen and the rest of the family as I don't imagine this is what any of them want but if Harry and Meghan are presenting a threat to the carefully nurtured public image of the Royal Family that is presented to the public. The only thing I will say is that, in my opinion, regardless of whether you live in Buckingham Palace or a council estate in Speke, if the national media is giving a member of your family the sort of pummelling that Harry and Meghan has received, you make more of an effort to stick up for your own. I can understand why that seems impossible for the royals though.

Nothing will ever sum this up better than the contrasting treatment of Harry and Meghan, whose greatest crime seems to be wanting to have a life outside of a family business where they honestly aren't really needed, while offering to still act as positive ambassadors for that business, and Prince Andrew, who is proven to be associated with one of the most high-profile paedophiles and sex traffickers of our time, and almost certainly engaged in improper sexual activity with underaged girls. The fact that so many people are completely blind to this says a lot about the nation, primarily the media, I'm afraid.

A black woman who speaks her mind, of course they don't like it. Harry clearly thinks inline with Meghan and I agree with @RandoEFC in that all of this she brainwashed him stuff is bollocks, he met someone he is on the same page with and they are doing things they want to do together. I will never understand people's obsession with the royal family, proper peasant mentality, look up to those who are better than you through birth, let them look down upon you, it's weird.

I also don't have a lot of sympathy for Meghan when you move away from the rampant racism she's received (you cannot excuse it no matter how big or small it is), she CHOSE to join the royal family. The head of an ex-colonial state, THE colonial state, she had her wedding paid for by the public, everyone tuned in for it, she was the centre of attention. She chose that. It does seem a bit rich after that that she then decides to move out of the limelight, and the same goes for Harry, pay back what you owe on the wedding mate and get a registry office like the rest of us.

But with that said it's clear that isn't the reason the media hates her, they hate her cos she is rejecting a national institution that they love, cos she's black and doing it with the prince who still has a head of hair.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Devil said:

I'm just waiting for the day it finally breaks that Harry isn't the son of Prince Charles and is in fact the son of James Hewitt. 

This is surely the worst kept secret ever anyway xDxD 

The Royal family are a bit of a farce now aren't they, they drag in millions for the economy a year but then again so does the guy dressed as Micky Mouse at Disneyland. 

Is there much difference really, both wave at crowds and both do little but make the odd public appearance to keep their fans happy. 

• Subscriber

Interesting thread from YouGov. Tide of opinion is starting to turn in Harry and Meghan's favour ever so slightly. The press are over reaching with their recent headlines and attacks. If you read through the subsequent tweets you'll see that the Queen's net favourability, still sitting at a whopping +64 is lower than it has been since they started tracking it in 2013.

I'm not invested in the royals or the pair of them. It's about right and wrong for me and for someone to be subjected to such a widespread character assassination without much real justification is plain wrong. I hope they take the newspapers to the cleaners and continue to show themselves to be the bigger people by donating every penny to charitable causes just to infuriate the middle-aged white gammon columnists even more.

• Administrator

It's the hypocrisy or double standards - call it what you want - from media/those within media which constantly astounds me...

Look at who Piers has frequented with ffs 

Got a lot of time for Kate & William but this Harry & Meghan saga is starting to get on my tits.. I can't seem to turn a page or read a news feed without them two popping up in various articles over and over again... I think you should be able to have preferences for news items and can 'block' certain content from appearing 

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Got a lot of time for Kate & William but this Harry & Meghan saga is starting to get on my tits.. I can't seem to turn a page or read a news feed without them two popping up in various articles over and over again... I think you should be able to have preferences for news items and can 'block' certain content from appearing 

Pretty sure you can block certain stories on a news feed? Or filter content out. 

4 minutes ago, Stan said:

Pretty sure you can block certain stories on a news feed? Or filter content out. 

If that was true and I could block anything with their name attached I would have only got about 3 things to read... 

• Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

If that was true and I could block anything with their name attached I would have only got about 3 things to read... 

This interview is airing in the US over the weekend so I suggest you either get interested or go into hibernation for a few weeks xD.

2 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

This interview is airing in the US over the weekend so I suggest you either get interested or go into hibernation for a few weeks xD.

It's just going to drag on and on... for a couple that didn't want to be under the media microscope they sure are doing a fine job of staying in the media spotlight.. 

• Administrator
40 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

It's just going to drag on and on... for a couple that didn't want to be under the media microscope they sure are doing a fine job of staying in the media spotlight.. 

Outside of the UK media to be specific I think. I don't blame them. 

• Subscriber
37 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

This is the thing, it's what the newspapers and Piers Morgan keep screaming about but it wasn't the limelight that they ever said they had a problem with. It's lazy and misleading but they've got it to stick even with sensible, compassionate people like yourself because when the Murdochian press monopoly decide on an agenda, there's barely any dissenting voices in the country with any sort of platform to offer another side to the story unless you really go looking.

It was the invasiveness of the media and the unfair coverage she got compared to other royals. They obtained that letter from her Dad illegally for clearly vindictive reasons.

Getting away from the rancid British press and leaving the public space altogether are two very different things. Even if they wanted to, they'd not be able to do the latter.

There are certain things none of us want to be made public. If I get famous and decide that I don't want any of the dick pics I've sent to girls in the past to turn up on the internet then it doesn't make me a hypocrite if I then go on television to do an interview. That's what they're trying to do to Meghan Markle right now. Except without the dick pics part obviously.

I have never given the royal family more than a few seconds of thought in my entire life. liz is okay, don't give a shit either way; although the republicanism talk is pointless and just a pandering idea, it will ultimately change nothing

20 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Newsfeeds are driven by hits and expected hits. If you don't like the news it's the fault of the people clicking on it like Rando and Stan :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

• Subscriber
20 minutes ago, Steve Bruce Almighty said:

Newsfeeds are driven by hits and expected hits. If you don't like the news it's the fault of the people clicking on it like Rando and Stan :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I'm offended. I have a high enough IQ that I can draw sweeping conclusions about the news from the headlines alone, no need to read the actual articles, that stuff's for schmucks. :coffee:

On 04/03/2021 at 13:49, Stan said:

It's the hypocrisy or double standards - call it what you want - from media/those within media which constantly astounds me...

Look at who Piers has frequented with ffs 

Piers Morgan's constant attacks on Markle because she wouldn't be mates with him (literally the reason) are a public display of vile cock waving that undermine anything sensible he has said the past year. Just shut up and move on.

i am a nice guy that likes to stay out of trouble but i cant say for a fact that i would not punch piers morgan in the face if i ever saw him. the guy is the biggest hypocrite the world has ever seen. 

• Administrator

I've already seen claims saying she's made this up but given the inherent and institutional racism floating around in this country it doesn't surprise me... 

Archived