talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Royal Family

football forum

How do you feel about the monarchy?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the monarchy?

• Fine as it is.
    • Should be kept but needs significant alterations.
    • We should start to look into abolishing it.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Aladdin said:

This royal family is nothing compared to the Suadi royal family. They have 200+ members and everyone has enough wealth by inheritance they don't need to work for a second in their lives. 

To be fair, it's not like the British royal family would risk to starve to death if they decided not to work a single miute in their whole lives, either.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
52 minutes ago, Danny said:

Country will be a fucking nightmare if she dies

I'll genuinely be sorry if she does but all of the twats competing over who can be the most upset about it, the incessant coverage and the six months of BBC documentaries on "our greatest monarch" are going to do my head in.

Full respect to her as a woman and ultimately it's someone's Mum and Gran. I think it's a harder life than many people would admit. But christ, we don't half lose our minds and become an utterly unserious country when it comes to the royal family sometimes.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I'll genuinely be sorry if she does but all of the twats competing over who can be the most upset about it, the incessant coverage and the six months of BBC documentaries on "our greatest monarch" are going to do my head in.

Full respect to her as a woman and ultimately it's someone's Mum and Gran. I think it's a harder life than many people would admit. But christ, we don't half lose our minds and become an utterly unserious country when it comes to the royal family sometimes.

There are other channels to watch, and no-one will force you to do so?

• Subscriber

I wouldn't class myself as a Royalist although I signed up to serve in the army and paid my shilling (10p) back in 1972 to serve my Queen and country.

Now, the wife I would class as a semi royalist and she has had this tv on non-stop since it was reported around lunchtime all about the queen, doing my head in, BUT, I had a knight in shining armour arrive with our daughter, wee Kaiden xD

He said to me "Granddad, can I turn my youtube channel on, please", my reply was YEEEEEEESSSS xD

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Stan said:

There are other channels to watch, and no-one will force you to do so?

I don't have to watch it to find it a bit silly and excessive. We got a taste of it when Prince Philip died. I do understand why the BBC get the way they do over the royals but it's just not for me.

Archived