talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

The Royal Family

football forum

How do you feel about the monarchy?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the monarchy?

• Fine as it is.
    • Should be kept but needs significant alterations.
    • We should start to look into abolishing it.

4 hours ago, Machado said:

#Republic trending in Australia. Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Spike said:

The Queen's death is irrelevant to that especially considering what the the former PM committed during the pandemic. He secretly invested the powers of the other cabinet ministers into his own office by convincing the governor general that it was necessary for the safety of Australia. What we don't need is a #republic debate to distract people from the actual evidence of corruption and lies that plagued the previous three governments.

@Devil-Dick Willie @Toinho I can promise these two guys with a straight face that it isn't a grassroots 'debate' it's a distraction. Look at the newspapers publishing the story, The Western Australian (7 media), The Canberra Times (ACM formerly Fairfax 9), The Courier (Murdoch).

The debate of republicanism died with John Howard replacing Paul Keating as PM.

This will likely expedite us becoming a republic. Once the Queens death is behind us, sentiment for the crown will be at all time lows. 

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Devil-Dick Willie said:

This will likely expedite us becoming a republic. Once the Queens death is behind us, sentiment for the crown will be at all time lows. 

Not if the Kingdom of Maranoa has anything to say about it.

EDITORS NOTE: This post works better when you know that in 1999 the division of Maranoa had the highest 'no' ratio to becoming a republic and John Howard referred to the division as the Kingdom of Maranoa. I'm also from Maranoa.

• Administrator
9 hours ago, Spike said:

It does have to be one of the stupidest tweets of all time. I keep trying to analyse it but coming up with nothing, really trying to figure out the thought process. He should be fired for being that stupid, not because it's controversial. Didn't Sinclair racially abuse a cop as werll? xD

Yep, and TalkSport 'stood by him' at the time.

I think he's just stupid and dumb. 

I couldn't care less if he lost his job or not. I don't care either way. It's his sheer immaturity that he thinks he can speak for every black or brown person and therefore tell them how to mourn a loss.

He's just a massive knob and shown his own true colours with the tweet.  

1 hour ago, Stan said:

Yep, and TalkSport 'stood by him' at the time.

I think he's just stupid and dumb. 

I couldn't care less if he lost his job or not. I don't care either way. It's his sheer immaturity that he thinks he can speak for every black or brown person and therefore tell them how to mourn a loss.

He's just a massive knob and shown his own true colours with the tweet.  

we can call it what it is.  he is the racist and convicted racist.  there is no place in society for race baiters let alone actual racists encouraging racism through misstruth or false victimhood.

sure every society has an extreme minority of overt racists but that is not systemic racism which hasn't existed for a very long time now.   this tweet itself is racism disguised in virtue signalling and victimhood by inferring certain people (white people) are racist because of the monarch and what may have been done a few centuries or millenia prior.   

transport should take action as there is no privelege to express these types of divisive and or discriminatory comments.  Trevor is not a victim of oppression and being black doesn't give a free pass.  Racism is equitable in perpetration, in that any race, sex, gender, political or secular ideology can commit an act of racism.

11 hours ago, Spike said:

Not if the Kingdom of Maranoa has anything to say about it.

EDITORS NOTE: This post works better when you know that in 1999 the division of Maranoa had the highest 'no' ratio to becoming a republic and John Howard referred to the division as the Kingdom of Maranoa. I'm also from Maranoa.

One of the greats who led an average international side to World Cup glory.

They have the political Jedi wing of politics on their side.

I have heard it suggested on BBC news that many people in many nations have been waiting for this moment, hoping a domino effect will take place with multiple nations withdrawing from having the British monarch as head of state. And become republics. Perhaps even as independent & sitting on as much power & influence that the Republic of Ireland has.

But that odd sing-a-long is just that.. odd. And also why sports events in England itself are postponed, just as much as the idea English will all be literally in grief & mourning right now.

Yes I am very disappointed the matches are off and think there is a risk of overdoing it.

I think with every generation less support the monarchy yet it still has a sizeable and fervent following and of course is a facet of our British establishment and those countries that comprise the Commonwealth. 

The Queen had a lot of respect as a servant to the nation though less sure her successors will be respected as much. 

Harry would potentially be King Henry the 9th wouldn't he?

Either way, even though the queen was 96, it still came as a surprise, although nobody lives forever and you couldn't wish for a longer life. R.I.P! 

Not many on here will remember any of the reigns before her, other than @Bluewolf, so having a king will be strange.

• Subscriber
54 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Not many on here will remember any of the reigns before her, other than @Bluewolf, so having a king will be strange.

49 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I think you are confusing me with @CaaC (John) mate.. He goes back as far as Edward Longshanks... I have only ever known a Queen on the throne.. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47oimsnli0d7a9000o48

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47hrgrrld7rlidei902f   

1 hour ago, Bluewolf said:

I think you are confusing me with @CaaC (John) mate.. He goes back as far as Edward Longshanks... I have only ever known a Queen on the throne.. 

'Back in my day the English use to hammer us Scots, which was the style at the time' - Caac (John)

3 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Harry would potentially be King Henry the 9th wouldn't he?

Either way, even though the queen was 96, it still came as a surprise, although nobody lives forever and you couldn't wish for a longer life. R.I.P! 

Harry is fifth in line, so we won’t see him as King. 

34 minutes ago, Spike said:

Didn't he wilfully remove himself from the line of succession?

Yeah I thought so, but on some article says he is still “in line” but let’s be honest he will be like 10th in line once William’s children start having children. A good point though. 

Archived