• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best Away Ground?

football forum

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I don't get to go to many aways to be honest but the ones I have been to, majority have been great.

Favourite probably Goodison Park. Went there last season a week before Christmas. Absolutely tipped it down, got drenched there. Drenched on the way back to the train station. All worth it for the 3-2 win though! I'd actually been there before for a mate's birthday. I got him a couple of tickets as a present to watch Everton vs Spurs. I'm glad I got to go there cos i love the old school stadiums. Reminded me of games I went to at Filbert Street. Old feel to it and loved being down close to the pitch in amongst the away end.

By contrast, going to Arsenal and The Emirates was an absolute dive. Total contrast in aesthetics but also a total contrast of atmosphere, as is well documented, inside the stadium. Panders to the corporate big wigs. 

Craven Cottage is class, shame it's home to one of the most boring home crowds you could imagine, and that fucking neutral section is shite. 

Upton Park was probably my favourite, great away day on the train, good atmosphere, good ground. Shame they play at that heap of shit now.

Goodison is class, big fan of any traditional grounds, makes me cringe when people moan about the wooden seats.

• Administrator
11 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

Craven Cottage is class, shame it's home to one of the most boring home crowds you could imagine, and that fucking neutral section is shite. 

Upton Park was probably my favourite, great away day on the train, good atmosphere, good ground. Shame they play at that heap of shit now.

Goodison is class, big fan of any traditional grounds, makes me cringe when people moan about the wooden seats.

similar to Goodison but wasn't a fan of the wooden seats and for a tall fucker like me, i was in pain the next day xD. Very boring crowd though as you say. 

Gutted i never got to go to Upton Park. 

5 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Make a new thread then! Respect Section 6C Guideline 15 regarding forum threads otherwise I'll remove your wheelchair arse from this site!

Do that and I will log back into TFF (if I can remember my password) and give you a 28 day suspension. Cunty.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

Do that and I will log back into TFF (if I can remember my password) and give you a 28 day suspension. Cunty.

Is there anyone left to suspend on TFF?

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Any O'Brien said:

Worst ground? Reading, The Emirates, The DW. Soulless. Emirates is obviously a nice arena but not a football ground.

The Olympic Stadium is worse than any of them. Even Reading. Seriously, it's that bad.

The DW I can forgive as it's a good away end.

I have four favourites in the Premier League, they're not what people would probably expect.

West Brom - Helps that we always seem to win there, but it's right on the border of a good away day city and it's a very good away end. Helps being local too. It's the only ground we've won at all three times since coming back up.

Stoke - I think again it may help that we tend to do well here. We've come back from 2 down to draw 2-2 the last two seasons. I like the set up - get off the train, get to an away pub about 10 minutes walk from the station, get all of the away fans on buses to the ground and then let the fun ensue. I just think it's quite a nicely set up away day and for whatever reason it seems to deliver. Again, I like the away end.

Burnley - I think this above all is the one that will surprise people, but I just like it. Another ground we tend to do well at and tend to take a very good away end to. I've had some great days at Turf Moor. The 0-2 win in March 2014 when it was 2nd v 1st, pretty much guaranteeing we would go up, was probably in my top five all-time away days.

Crystal Palace - Hit and miss record here (and it can't be THAT much to do with records as I hated West Ham away and we won it) but we normally take one of our better away ends to this one. The view is horrendous towards the back but I can deal with that when there's a good atmosphere, which there normally always is here.

So yeah, ultimately I'm a fan of ones we take good away ends to consistently. That categorically rules out any of the top clubs.

I won't be going there like, crying shame West Ham left their historical home for that dump. They rubbed everyone's faces in it too, sickening.

Agreed regarding Palace, the away end is brilliant, the ground really does have a traditional feel to it.

• Subscriber

I felt for their fans when I was there. To leave one of the best grounds in the country for it is heartbreaking, and to do it on such false pretenses it's unforgivable.

West Ham will never be the same, and not in a good way.

Villa Park is a cracking ground, similar to Goodison in that it has a traditional feel to it. Wasn't it designed by the same bloke? Ibrox too?

Only problem with Villa Park is the slack jawed cunts to the right of the away end trying to act hard all game. Happens everywhere but seems more annoying there for some reason.

Villa Park is class, was in a box there mind but class nonetheless.

Im hoping our new stadium will be a good one, there's not a bad ground in west London and it'd be a shame to to have one.

25 minutes ago, Danny said:

Im hoping our new stadium will be a good one, there's not a bad ground in west London and it'd be a shame to to have one.

Wish you were staying at Griffin Park. Was going to visit this season but it was set for a Monday night and then moved to the Saturday like 10 days before. Jokers.

• Subscriber
30 minutes ago, Danny said:

Loftus Road is awful, one of my least favourite grounds/away ends.

Burnley is a class away trip - feels like football 'should be', slightly intimidating locals, ropey pints, foul-smelling toilets, great acoustics, wooden benches. Since being treated to such delights as Spotland and Boundary Park in the past season, I don't really miss many of the shiny shiny Premier League away days.

Archived