talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best Away Ground?

football forum

1 hour ago, Any O'Brien said:

Wish you were staying at Griffin Park. Was going to visit this season but it was set for a Monday night and then moved to the Saturday like 10 days before. Jokers.

That's shit, maybe you'll get us in the Cup. It's a shame we have to leave but it's necessary. The new ground will never be the same but I'm hoping it has something to it, the style of the two tiered stands behind the goal and single tier along the pitch could create a decent atmosphere

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye we will see, fingers crossed.

I recall a trip to Portsmouth, was one of he hottest days I've witnessed in this country, we drew 0-0 and the away end had around 2,500, absolute shithole with about 3 toilets. Loved it, home fans were very loud too. Went the year before when we lost 2-1 but the roof wasn't on the away end so didn't enjoy it much.

London Road when we were last in the Championship - Terrace with about 4,000 of us on, low roof, again hardly any toilets resulting in fans pissing up the brick wall at the back of the stand. Class.

I don't really look at away games when the fixtures come out and think "I must go to [insert place] because that's a great ground", I look at them and think "Crewe? Decent boozers there" or something along those lines. 

If pushed though, I quite like going to QPR as a neutral. Tight ground, you're within a few yards of the pitch and when there is a big game, the atmosphere is very good. 

Archived