Stevenage vs Port Vale
Swindon vs Crewe

Tuesday 14th January, 2020
Morecambe vs Port Vale, 19.45
Stevenage vs Oldham, 19.45

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Off to Charlton v West Brom. It’s the first “proper” game for Charlton’s new owners, after last week’s cup game against West Brom, so there should be a) a good crowd and b) a better atmosphere at The Valley tomorrow. Also possibly the first of two West Brom games I see this month, my Dad fancies their cup tie at West Ham, having not been there for Football. 

Based on absolutely nothing statistical or analytical, I’m going for a 1-0 Charlton smash and grab win. 

39 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

Off to Charlton v West Brom. It’s the first “proper” game for Charlton’s new owners, after last week’s cup game against West Brom, so there should be a) a good crowd and b) a better atmosphere at The Valley tomorrow. Also possibly the first of two West Brom games I see this month, my Dad fancies their cup tie at West Ham, having not been there for Football. 

Based on absolutely nothing statistical or analytical, I’m going for a 1-0 Charlton smash and grab win. 

Just enjoy Romaine Sawyers if he's fit

Dominated the first half, QPR started the second brighter and got their goal but since then we’ve woken up, defended well, kept them at bay and looked a threat

Ref having a mare, should have called a penalty in the opening minutes and should have sent Todd Kane off for a second yellow

It's happening again...

So many chances we don't convert and it bites us. Rinse and repeat. It's not going to suddenly change, this is what we do.

We have one striker. ONE. Appalling from us to be this short.

The squad needs help. Spend some bloody money or watch the squad run out of steam. Simple.

6 points off Leeds, automatic spot. Fuck me.

1 minute ago, Lucas said:

It's happening again...

So many chances we don't convert and it bites us. Rinse and repeat. It's not going to suddenly change, this is what we do.

We have one striker. ONE. Appalling from us to be this short.

The squad needs help. Spend some bloody money or watch the squad run out of steam. Simple.

Do you play with one forward? Or a front three? Surprised you don’t have a wideman who can go up top

4 hours ago, Danny said:

6 points off Leeds, automatic spot. Fuck me.

Do you play with one forward? Or a front three? Surprised you don’t have a wideman who can go up top

It varys. Normally one forward with four behind then Phillips as a DM and then the back 4.

But then we have our fb's push up ridiculously high.

We create chances, we just dont finish them. That's the difference.

Everyone saw it Monday night against Arsenal, but it happens too often now.

We need a striker fast. We need another winger too. Options off the bench are limited.

I will be livid if we blow this again. Livid.

What a game of Football that was. Really enjoyed Charlton v West Brom and was treated to a very good spectacle yesterday. A draw was ultimately the correct result. 

West Brom though, what a good side to watch. That’s what you want as a Football fan. After your Pulis’ and Pardew’s, it’s must be refreshing to watch this current side. The midfield on show yesterday, Jake Livermore, Romaine Sawyers, Matt Phillips and Matheus Pereira were a joy to watch, their range of passing, first touch and comfort and ease on the ball was excellent. It won’t last, they’ll get promoted, change their style or they’ll try it for a bit and sack Bilic and then revert to type but for the meantime, it must be such a joy to watch for West Brom fans. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived