talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-1 Liverpool - Saturday 11th January, 2020

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

It's a foul and a yellow. Robertson's reaction tells you he thought it could have been worse though

Oh fuck off 

Its absolutely a red. Lunged in having lost the ball - studs up on the ankle. Same as Aubameyangs earlier. It’s clear red and the fact it wasn’t checked is laughable 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Referees don’t exactly help themselves or VAR though. Robertson’s tackle wasn’t even reviewed, yet Arsenal got a red card for a very similar offence today. It’s not the end card that I’m arsed about, but why is one challenge reviewed and another isn’t?

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Storts said:

Nothing at all - not even a proper check, they don’t help themselves. No consistency 

He saved himself by feigning injury. Not that that should be a barometer for these kinds of things...

25 minutes ago, Storts said:

Oh fuck off 

Its absolutely a red. Lunged in having lost the ball - studs up on the ankle. Same as Aubameyangs earlier. It’s clear red and the fact it wasn’t checked is laughable 

You fuck off. Aubameyang's was much worse.

Yellow

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

He was really good, probably your best performer.

I know Eriksen’s on his way out, but I think he should be ashamed of that performance

Yeah played well great debut

ive been telling you all season about this - he’s diabolical. Downed tools, refusing to risk injury, pathetic that it’s ending like this 

2 hours ago, LFCMike said:

It's a foul and a yellow. Robertson's reaction tells you he thought it could have been worse though

Robertson was in possession. He wasnt tackling he was playing a pass. And got the ball well before he came into contact with the player. No foul.

5 minutes ago, Storts said:

ive been telling you all season about this - he’s diabolical. Downed tools, refusing to risk injury, pathetic that it’s ending like this 

Jose’s got to stop starting him. The difference in your performance once he was off was noticeable as fuck.

7 minutes ago, Storts said:

He doesn't deserve to move anywhere better than Spurs. Amazes me he's been linked to Real Madrid. I genuinely hope they sign him.

• Subscriber
9 minutes ago, Harry said:

He doesn't deserve to move anywhere better than Spurs. Amazes me he's been linked to Real Madrid. I genuinely hope they sign him.

Agreed. It’s going to be a sideways move for him now. Madrid don’t want him, Barca doing. Think he will end up at Inter. But he just wants a new challenge and climate. Just a shame he’s become such a fraud of a player and the fact we are still starting him 

19 minutes ago, Storts said:

Agreed. It’s going to be a sideways move for him now. Madrid don’t want him, Barca doing. Think he will end up at Inter. But he just wants a new challenge and climate. Just a shame he’s become such a fraud of a player and the fact we are still starting him 

Inter could be on the verge of winning Serie A this season...not that sideways 

Just now, Harry said:

That's on par with finishing 6th in the EPL mate. 

No it’s not, outside of Liverpool and potentially City there aren’t many great sides in the Prem, a lot of average sides. Man Utd finished 6th last season, Arsenal 5th

If they beat Juve to a title it would not be like finishing 6th 😂

• Subscriber

Also just seem some gifs of Robertson's tackle on Twitter. Wasn't really paying attention in real time.

I don't think that should be a red card challenge in football but anybody that can't admit he's very lucky to get away with that when you see some of the reds that get given these days, is being wilfully ignorant.

I cant look at that Aubameyang challenge though. About as close as you can get to a horror injury for Meyer without it actually happening.

52 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Also just seem some gifs of Robertson's tackle on Twitter. Wasn't really paying attention in real time.

I don't think that should be a red card challenge in football but anybody that can't admit he's very lucky to get away with that when you see some of the reds that get given these days, is being wilfully ignorant.

I cant look at that Aubameyang challenge though. About as close as you can get to a horror injury for Meyer without it actually happening.

Unbelievable that people would compare these two events. In one case auba is tackling a player with the ball and missed the ball by a mile and just took out the running player. In the other case Robertson is dribbling the ball and got the pass away to the point the ball is already on its way to Mane before the contact is made.

Archived