talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-1 Liverpool - Saturday 11th January, 2020

football forum

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's still a highly competitive league but it's held back by the backwards perspectives on racism and crumbling stadium infrastructure. I mourn the decline of Serie A but I don't want it to come back up until its properly sorted itself out.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Harry said:

My point is that it's not an upwards move to go from Spurs to Inter. I think it's fair to call it a sideways move as per what storts put in his original email.

I'd say it's an upwards move right now. More chance of silverware and certainly more chance of playing in the Champions League next season.

Tottenham really are in a bit of a mess at the minute. Really do feel like they've had their chance and blown it in terms of actually winning anything for a while.

21 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'd say it's an upwards move right now. More chance of silverware and certainly more chance of playing in the Champions League next season.

Tottenham really are in a bit of a mess at the minute. Really do feel like they've had their chance and blown it in terms of actually winning anything for a while.

That's probably true but the squads are comparable, and Eriksen himself is one of the parties most responsible for where Spurs are actually at right now. If they replaced him with the player he was two years ago they'd be running pretty close in the battle for third.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Mourinho saying he cant believe Spurs didnt win?

Mate, we hardly got out of third gear and should have been up by 3 or 4 goals by half time. 

A 10 minute rally at home doesn't mean you deserved to win Jose. 

The more Manchester United struggled post Mourinho the more I thought maybe he had a point. The more I see Tottenham under him the more I think both parties were a problem. I really do think Mourinho's likely finished at the top.

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

That's probably true but the squads are comparable, and Eriksen himself is one of the parties most responsible for where Spurs are actually at right now. If they replaced him with the player he was two years ago they'd be running pretty close in the battle for third.

Tottenham's recruitment (or lack of) has been a bit questionable for a little while in my opinion. Find it very bizarre how little their new buys seem to feature as well - and also how they've let their full backs go from one of the best pairs in Europe to legitimately worse than Wolves.

5 hours ago, Danny said:

No it’s not, outside of Liverpool and potentially City there aren’t many great sides in the Prem, a lot of average sides. Man Utd finished 6th last season, Arsenal 5th

If they beat Juve to a title it would not be like finishing 6th 😂

Form is temporary, class is permanent!  ..Man City is still the best team in the world, just not the most consistent right now, don't get the 2 confused ;)  ..even when we lost at Anfield they couldn't give us a game, it was like what we did to united the other night but they some how got the ball in the net more than us, it's a funny old game!

• Administrator
6 hours ago, Harry said:

EPL league Europa sides are about on par with Serie A CL sides. So it is a sideways move

6 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

If Arsensl, Spurs, Leicester and (probably not United) had a season in Italy's top tier, they would all come pretty close to winning the league. 

It's a farmers league. 

Lol no they wouldn't. 

I can only imagine you both don't watch Serie A regularly. 

Juve would storm the league still so it speaks volumes that this season Inter and Lazio are pushing them hard this season. 

Arsenal, Spurs or us (?!) would not come close to winning it. 

Spurs to Inter is not a sideways move. 

Saying Premier League sides in EL are on a par with Serie A CL sides is way off the mark. 

8 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Also just seem some gifs of Robertson's tackle on Twitter. Wasn't really paying attention in real time.

I don't think that should be a red card challenge in football but anybody that can't admit he's very lucky to get away with that when you see some of the reds that get given these days, is being wilfully ignorant.

I cant look at that Aubameyang challenge though. About as close as you can get to a horror injury for Meyer without it actually happening.

I think I admitted Robertson knew it could have been a red card which is why you saw him go down feigning injury. It was the suggestion that it was the same as Aubameyang's that was ridiculous. They're not even close. 

Got to laugh at that post asking "what's the difference" when in their own choice of photos, one looks so much more horrific than the other. 

"Hmmm what's worse, flying in studs up at full speed into the side of somebody's ankle, or overextending for a lost ball and grazing someone's shin pad in a 50/50".

If you're studs up you're always at risk of a red, but speed, timing, risk of injury, and proximity of the ball are obviously major factors and can make a huge difference. 

8 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Got to laugh at that post asking "what's the difference" when in their own choice of photos, one looks so much more horrific than the other. 

"Hmmm what's worse, flying in studs up at full speed into the side of somebody's ankle, or overextending for a lost ball and grazing someone's shin pad in a 50/50".

If you're studs up you're always at risk of a red, but speed, timing, risk of injury, and proximity of the ball are obviously major factors and can make a huge difference. 

There's an angle where you can see Robertson trying to pull out to avoid or lessen the contact too

That's 100% a red for Robertson who cares if he won the ball he was high with his studs up and reckless. He goes in with far more force than Aubameyang as well. Only reason Auba's looks worse is he goes right on top of Meyer's ankle. Both reds for sure. 

3 hours ago, Stan said:

Lol no they wouldn't. 

I can only imagine you both don't watch Serie A regularly. 

Juve would storm the league still so it speaks volumes that this season Inter and Lazio are pushing them hard this season. 

Arsenal, Spurs or us (?!) would not come close to winning it. 

Spurs to Inter is not a sideways move. 

Saying Premier League sides in EL are on a par with Serie A CL sides is way off the mark. 

Here's another upwards move on the cards then. Next step up on his quest to eventually play for Real Madrid.

FB_IMG_1578827876479.jpg

12 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

That's 100% a red for Robertson who cares if he won the ball he was high with his studs up and reckless. He goes in with far more force than Aubameyang as well. Only reason Auba's looks worse is he goes right on top of Meyer's ankle. Both reds for sure. 

It's not 100% though, don't be ridiculous. It's in the 'seen them given' category

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Harry said:

Here's another upwards move on the cards then. Next step up on his quest to eventually play for Real Madrid.

FB_IMG_1578827876479.jpg

Oh okay. One move seals the argument. Congratulations. 

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

It's not 100% though, don't be ridiculous. It's in the 'seen them given' category

He’s studs up, above the ankle, out of control, endangering his opponent. It’s a pretty clear red and if it was the other way round we wouldn’t hear the end of it 

Archived