talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 0-1 Liverpool - Saturday 11th January, 2020

football forum

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Inter Milan a sideways step from Spurs. Jesus christ no wonder brexit happened. 

The thing now is that they're back on an upward trajectory and we are very much going the other way.

But we've been far better than them during Eriksen's time here. It wasn't the huge step up he was preparing for ala Madrid/Barca. 

He's going to an inferior league, with a team that has been pretty poor recently - so yeah it's pretty sideways. 

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Stan said:

I'm guessing you think Lukaku was a sideways step as well? Or does that not count? 

I'd say it was at the time. Upwards moves are usually characterised by the origin club not wanting to sell but being unable to keep the player. It seemed pretty clear in the Lukaku situation United were pretty comfortable seeing him off provided they got paid.

I'm not saying they dont deserve it but its beyond pathetic that a team in such great form cant put the fuckery and cheating to the side. Some of it VARs fault but its obvious they were told to make sure Liverpool wins it this year at all cost. 

Robertson and Fabinho versus newcastle is worst than anything I've ever seen Real Madrid being accused of. Dont doubt it one bit that they are just following orders from the insecure Kloppy. Lucky for him, he has the media and var working on his favour. 

14 hours ago, Chaaay AFC said:

That's 100% a red for Robertson who cares if he won the ball he was high with his studs up and reckless. He goes in with far more force than Aubameyang as well. Only reason Auba's looks worse is he goes right on top of Meyer's ankle. Both reds for sure. 

COPE

21 hours ago, Harry said:

I'd say it was at the time. Upwards moves are usually characterised by the origin club not wanting to sell but being unable to keep the player. It seemed pretty clear in the Lukaku situation United were pretty comfortable seeing him off provided they got paid.

Lukaku forced a move to Inter, he didn't want to be at Old Trafford

1 hour ago, Danny said:

Lukaku forced a move to Inter, he didn't want to be at Old Trafford

Given the mediocrity of his performances for United he was content with a sideways move. Similar situation to what Eriksen will be if he goes there

1 hour ago, Harry said:

Given the mediocrity of his performances for United he was content with a sideways move. Similar situation to what Eriksen will be if he goes there

Was it a sideways move? Inter had the capability to challenge for their title - you can tell because they’re challenging for the title right now. United weren’t and Solksjaer liked playing Lukaku on the wing or not playing him.

Personally I think you’re seriously overrating our EL sides and underrating the Serie A in general. Who’s the only side to beat us this season? And what league do they play in?

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Was it a sideways move? Inter had the capability to challenge for their title - you can tell because they’re challenging for the title right now. United weren’t and Solksjaer liked playing Lukaku on the wing or not playing him.

Personally I think you’re seriously overrating our EL sides and underrating the Serie A in general. Who’s the only side to beat us this season? And what league do they play in?

Did Inter finish 4th last season? Obviously Lukaku has proven a great buy for them, and been one of the missing pieces but I don't think it was an upwards move for him at the time.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Harry said:

Did Inter finish 4th last season? Obviously Lukaku has proven a great buy for them, and been one of the missing pieces but I don't think it was an upwards move for him at the time.

leaving Man Utd to a side that was on an upwards curve and in the Champions League was definitely an upwards move xD 

• Subscriber
42 minutes ago, Stan said:

leaving Man Utd to a side that was on an upwards curve and in the Champions League was definitely an upwards move xD 

This right here. Imagine you're Lukaku and at United this year vs Lukaku at Inter. Definitely an upwards move for me. Lets also not forget that Inter aren't some no-name club in the grander scheme of things. They've won more at the European level than most clubs will ever do in their lifetime barring the usual suspects and your oddities. 

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

This right here. Imagine you're Lukaku and at United this year vs Lukaku at Inter. Definitely an upwards move for me. Lets also not forget that Inter aren't some no-name club in the grander scheme of things. They've won more at the European level than most clubs will ever do in their lifetime barring the usual suspects and your oddities. 

Yep. If the argument was about leaving for Atalanta or Lazio (who are actually doing very well this season) then yeah fair enough, sideways move is arguable. But Inter? Nah. Upwards.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Yep. If the argument was about leaving for Atalanta or Lazio (who are actually doing very well this season) then yeah fair enough, sideways move is arguable. But Inter? Nah. Upwards.

Or to PSG or some shite like that. A world class side in a bad league

I genuinely can't believe what I'm reading. The PL is better than Serie A yes. I don't think that's a debate.

To say United, Spurs, Arsenal and Leicester would storm the league is nonsense though. Inter are way better than all of those teams, never mind Juve.

On 13/01/2020 at 07:13, Dr. Gonzo said:

It's become popular to underrate Serie A sides because it's a corrupt league with teams that don't fill up grounds and aren't financial superpowers like those in La Liga or the PL, and while Serie A is no longer the beast it once was, it's still comfortably the third best league in the world. 

• Subscriber
39 minutes ago, Vader said:

It's become popular to underrate Serie A sides because it's a corrupt league with teams that don't fill up grounds and aren't financial superpowers like those in La Liga or the PL, and while Serie A is no longer the beast it once was, it's still comfortably the third best league in the world.

tenor.gif

Archived