Top Scorers:
Tottenham - Harry Kane (17)
Liverpool - Mo Salah (14)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Jose will do everything not to lose again, think this might be a draw.

Think Liverpool win.

Harry Kane is a big miss for them with his injury.

Rare week where Liverpool have had no midweek game as well so they'll be fresh. 

• Subscriber

Fabinho might make it back for this one and we've essentially rested most of our starting XI so we'll throw everything at them. I am seeing a win here. Jose will do everything to stop that from happening but I can't see where they'll get the better of us in the attacking third of the pitch with our midfield slowly coming back to the manager's preferred players. 

Jose fucking hates us and will probably threaten his players losing with death.

Harry Kane not such a big miss for them as far as I'm concerned, they have a good record of winning without him. In fact they will probably have more pace up top without him.

Does he? Maybe as Manchester United and Chelsea manager he enjoyed playing up to the rivalry but as a pundit he was nearly always gushing with praise for Liverpool, as a team and a club. He was actually keen on the Liverpool job in 2004 but you chose Rafa, who knows what might have happened if you'd picked him.

• Subscriber
49 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Jose fucking hates us and will probably threaten his players losing with death.

Harry Kane not such a big miss for them as far as I'm concerned, they have a good record of winning without him. In fact they will probably have more pace up top without him.

I don't remember where I read this but somewhere towards the end of the last season there was an article saying they did much better without him in the side. However, this was with Poch so who knows what they'll do with Jose.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I don't remember where I read this but somewhere towards the end of the last season there was an article saying they did much better without him in the side. However, this was with Poch so who knows what they'll do with Jose.

It was also nonsense. 

• Subscriber

We are going to get absolutely annihilated - we are a terrible football, devoid of confidence, with an awful injury list - playing the greatest club side in modern English football history 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Storts said:

It was also nonsense. 

I thought the same at the time too. I think Kane offers more than just goals for you'll by dropping deeper and holding the ball too. I don't honestly know whats going to happen over the weekend but I do think we're definitely in a better position than you'll even if Jose decides to run with a draw instead of trying to get something more out of this game. 

34 minutes ago, Storts said:

We are going to get absolutely annihilated - we are a terrible football, devoid of confidence, with an awful injury list - playing the greatest club side in modern English football history 

I’d expect this from a scouser, but you? People have always taken the piss saying “bet you think football only started in ‘92“. Are we entering a new era where modern means last 18 months?!?!

I actually think this will be a draw. Spurs’ defensive frailties + a lack of Kane make me think Jose will go back to parking the bus. That’s something we have been able to cope with this season, other than when Solksjaer did it with Mourinho’s old squad. And Martin Twatkinson’s the ref and he absolutely hates us.

20 hours ago, Storts said:

I think you're a good chance to surprise honestly mate but that's a view independent of form or fitness of players. Jose just seems to come up with the goods against Liverpool.

• Subscriber

Good time to come up against Spurs I think. Kane is obviously a huge miss as he's the main one who's managed to damage Klopp-spec Liverpool for Tottenham. I wouldn't rule them out though. Mourinho obviously loves to make a point by getting a draw with no ambition to actual nick the win (unless it's handed to them by a Liverpool slip up).

Think our team pretty much picks itself. Probably one position in midfield up for grabs though. Interesting to see who starts alongside Henderson and Wijnaldum. I think he'll go Lallana. Chamberlain obviously only just come back, although did look quite sharp when he came on last Sunday. Apparently Shaqiri could be in the squad but you can't imagine he'll change shape and put him or Minamino in here

• Subscriber

Honestly - there’s not a chance we get anything from this game. 

Talk about Mourinhos record all you want but it hasn’t been against a Liverpool team as good as this or a team he’s managing as bad as we are now.

We are a truly shocking football team right now - injuries compound it, but we are awful. Sacking Poch was stupid, unsurprisingly we haven’t improved. The players and ownership are the problem. We will hopefully finish 8th or below this season. A year out of Europe is what we need. Just getting levy sacked the best manager of his tenure instead of backing him. Can’t trust a bald man 

• The title was changed to Tottenham 0-1 Liverpool - Saturday 11th January, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived