talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 11th January, 2020

football forum

• Subscriber

Should be a penalty for us as Dunk pulls Walcott back but because he tries to stay on his feet and score instead of just going down we don't get the penalty.

Not a biased or heat of the moment exaggeration or twisted truth, just watch it later and make your own mind up.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Half time 1-1. We've lost our way in attack now Gayle is off and Joelinton is leading the line instead, with Atsu coming on.

It's like not having an attack anymore. They just lose it. Wolves haven't had any sustained attack on our box but their control is building.

Only 1 sub left and we've got Joelinton and Almiron holding groins every now and then. 

Could we see our 7th injury in 2 games?

• Subscriber

That was more uncomfortable than it should have been but against bent officials like that you take three points however you can get them. Two penalties denied, one of them absolutely stonewall and the other debatable. Calvert-Lewin having his goal struck off was probably the right call, I don't know what the rule is about which part of the arm counts as your shoulder but the booking was daft. He threw himself at it while he was getting kicked in the head and he gets booked for deliberate handball because he put it in with the part of his arm that's an inch away from being his shoulder.

Anyway, that keeps us 6 points behind Man Utd in 5th, need to look at the next four as all winnable and build some momentum. Even if we can be half consistent that's more than can be said for the rest of the mid table and gives us a shot at getting top seven.

• Administrator

That was dog shite.

Southampton were well worthy of their 3 points. 

Think we saw the effects of so many games and some tired legs. Southampton were much quicker and hungrier to everything. Both on the ball and off the ball. 

Chilwell needs to remember we play in blue. 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

This genuinely may be the first game we have not made any subs 

Good game for us at home for a change, a few wobbles at the back in places but got bodies in the way when we needed to.. could have had at least 2 or 3 more if we had been more clinical up front, a decent striker coming in would improve that situation I should imagine, not sure we will be getting anyone though in this window to be honest unless we can get a couple on loan deals, anything permanent would probably be left until the summer... 

• Subscriber

Southampton will finish in a Europa League place at this rate. Some teams turn up and win and you just think they're nothing special at all but Southampton battered us today. I'm not even exaggerating when I say that could've finished 1-5.

First time we've lost from a winning position at home since September 2015 I believe.

We were abject. Absolutely awful in every possible way and to be honest doubts are creeping in now. We've not been great for a while now. Our home form is going back to the Puel days. Even the ones we won lately we won by the virtue of dog shit opposition imploding like Watford.

Can't quite get my head around how we can go from winning 0-9 at their place to them not just beating us, but thumping us. Fair play to them.

This last month has proven that Ndidi is our most important player.

We have got to sign a winger now. We are risking not making the top 4 by not. Far too many underperformers lately. Chilwell was astoundingly bad, again, Barnes and Perez - what was the point?

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Stan said:

That was dog shite.

Southampton were well worthy of their 3 points. 

Think we saw the effects of so many games and some tired legs. Southampton were much quicker and hungrier to everything. Both on the ball and off the ball. 

Chilwell needs to remember we play in blue. 

I'd happily cash in and go and buy someone like Grimaldo from Benfica. People over-rate players because they play for England. England aren't that good.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived