talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2020/21 MLS Season

football forum

There seems to be big optimism about the Whitecaps in Vancouver ahead of this upcoming season. I get why they are but I don't see anything in the squad to suggest they'll be much better this year. Dajome is an upgrade. That's literally it.

SKC on the other hand, I am excited to watch. Alan Pulido is a great player.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good result for United. First time we've ever won the home opener which is nice. 

On the flip side, Josef Martinez had to be subbed off with a knee injury...so that could essentially be our season there if it's serious. 

Still not picked a side to follow after all these years, closest I have come is Portland but they aren’t on telly here often so it’s hard. It’s mostly the LA teams and I don’t really like either much. 

That being said, I’ll whack it on tonight, especially LAFC vs Inter Miami. I fully expect an arse battering for Miami though. 

18 minutes ago, Rick said:

Still not picked a side to follow after all these years, closest I have come is Portland but they aren’t on telly here often so it’s hard. It’s mostly the LA teams and I don’t really like either much. 

That being said, I’ll whack it on tonight, especially LAFC vs Inter Miami. I fully expect an arse battering for Miami though. 

I luckily have Dazn in Canada, but I agree. When they aren't being broadcast, finding them elsewhere is super difficult.

38 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

I luckily have Dazn in Canada, but I agree. When they aren't being broadcast, finding them elsewhere is super difficult.

I just had a look at the fixtures live on Sky over here in the next month and it seems to be a good mix of teams, which I am surprised at. No Portland from what I saw though. 

Unpopular opinion: Inter Miami's squad is not as bad as some people make it out to be.

Rodolfo Pizarro speaks for himself. He will have a breeze in this league. Christian Makoun is an awesome young CB who I saw in the U20 last year. Very solid and he was developing at Juventus for a reason.

Then there is proven players like Roman Torres, AJ DeLaGarza and Juan Agudelo. I also think Pellegrini will do well.

• Administrator

@Rick do you get FreeSports?

They had quite a few of the opening games on last night and this morning. 

I watched San Jose Earthquakes vs Toronto and they had Nashville vs Atalanta/Vancouver vs Sporting Kansas on last night.

They've got Portland vs Minnesota on later tonight (00.30)

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Rick do you get FreeSports?

They had quite a few of the opening games on last night and this morning. 

I watched San Jose Earthquakes vs Toronto and they had Nashville vs Atalanta/Vancouver vs Sporting Kansas on last night.

They've got Portland vs Minnesota on later tonight (00.30)

I do, didn’t realise then had mls. Ah well that’s good then. 

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, Inti Brian said:

Couldn't watch. Seattle have been pretty bad though so far this season. Has to be said.

Ruidiaz I'd imagine is not getting the ball a lot nor looking for it like in the previous 2 games.

They've vastly improved since Chicago scored.

Had a goal disallowed as well.

Just now, Stan said:

They've vastly improved since Chicago scored.

Had a goal disallowed as well.

That's good to hear. 

I've never liked Lodeiro but he's a very important part of this Seattle setup. He's been a real miss.

• Administrator

Unreal from Vela. Verging on audacious to chip the keeper from there. 

Bit of a frenetic game. I'd say LAFC edging the game but Inter Miami had a couple of good chances just before. 

• Administrator
14 hours ago, Eco said:

Good result for United. First time we've ever won the home opener which is nice. 

On the flip side, Josef Martinez had to be subbed off with a knee injury...so that could essentially be our season there if it's serious. 

Confirmed he's done his ACL :(

• Subscriber

Follow a few Americans on Twitter and Lewis Morgan for Inter Miami and looks like he's impressed a lot of fans. Didn't really hit it off for Sunderland on loan as well as he'd been expected to but hope he does well in MLS.

Been reading up on MLS recently and still a bit confused about a few things. It's bizarre that the teams don't play against everyone in their conference and miss out on playing 3 teams from the other conference?!

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Been reading up on MLS recently and still a bit confused about a few things. It's bizarre that the teams don't play against everyone in their conference and miss out on playing 3 teams from the other conference?!

Yeah this has always confused me too. Teams set up in divisions but not playing those teams is weird.

49 minutes ago, Rick said:

The LA V Miami game was entertaining, enjoyed it. Good end to end match, with a class goal to win it. 

Real shame for Martinez, and a massive blow to Atlanta. 

Did anything happen in the final 10-15? Couldn't stay up and fell asleep. Was decent up to that point. LAFC play some really good football. 

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Yeah this has always confused me too. Teams set up in divisions but not playing those teams is weird.

Did anything happen in the final 10-15? Couldn't stay up and fell asleep. Was decent up to that point. LAFC play some really good football. 

Nah you didn’t really miss much. Miami didn’t push them that hard to be honest. I was half asleep myself, so I’m not sure if a header off the bar happened late on or I’m getting it mixed up with the end of the cup final 😂

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, Rick said:

Nah you didn’t really miss much. Miami didn’t push them that hard to be honest. I was half asleep myself, so I’m not sure if a header off the bar happened late on or I’m getting it mixed up with the end of the cup final 😂

I know that Engels definitely did that in the cup final xD

• The topic was unpinned

Archived