talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2020/21 MLS Season

football forum

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is so embarrassing. No movement up front, zero threat to score a goal, and really no passion from the looks at it. 

What De Boer did to this team is criminal. I understand Magbe leaving, but their is no reason why Gressel isn't hear anymore alone with many other players. 

9 minutes ago, Mpache said:

Another 2 goals from Diego Rossi last night. Won't be long until he moves to Europe. He's absolutely brilliant.

Holy shit...do we actually agree on the assessment of an MLS player? 

Totally agree, he's great and moving to LAFC was great for him in his step to move to Europe. 

Just now, Eco said:

Holy shit...do we actually agree on the assessment of an MLS player? 

Totally agree, he's great and moving to LAFC was great for him in his step to move to Europe. 

It's more proof that MLS is becoming a great feeder league if he does leave. The quality is still relatively low but the marketing and attention given to it as well as focus on signing young players has helped it a lot.

Almiron, Adams, Davies are the 3 big ones so far. I'm sure I've missed a couple names too.

14 minutes ago, Mpache said:

It's more proof that MLS is becoming a great feeder league if he does leave. The quality is still relatively low but the marketing and attention given to it as well as focus on signing young players has helped it a lot.

Almiron, Adams, Davies are the 3 big ones so far. I'm sure I've missed a couple names too.

Certainly Davies is the top player to come from MLS, the fact that Bayern paid less for him than Newcastle did for Almiron is further proof that Bayern is just great at business. Pity's fee is up there with Davies and Almion's, which just blows my mind, but it's probably a win-win for us and him as I truly think a lot of Pity's frustrations were from the fact that he just wasn't happy here. 

16 minutes ago, Mpache said:

And on another note, we have been a great 'feeder' league for managers as well.

Tata used Atlanta to get to Mexico

Berhalter is now at USA

Almeyda should get an opportunity soon for bigger things

and of course Marsh left NYRB and is now doing well in Austria. 

logo25-77x77.png?FiN8GT4lmpbi03Hoondq276

Wednesday, September 9
Inter MIami FC vs Atlanta United
Minnesota United FC vs FC Dallas
Montreal Impact vs Toronto FC
Colorado Rapids vs Houston Dynamo
Real Salt Lake vs LAFC

Thursday, September 10
Seattle Sounders vs San Jose Earthquakes. 

image.thumb.png.a2d3e5714e4f5cb7cc8745c0e144e831.png

image.thumb.png.188494b9b0eee538075be6e061c6a75b.png

I love when they make a big deal out of a free kick, ref takes minutes to talk to the wall, everyone lines up, ref goes over to talk to two people who are pushing a little, and then waits another 2 minutes to make sure everything is perfect, only for the free kick to FINALLY be hit and it sails way over the bar. 

This league is a joke, and as I'm typing this, LGP has had two bad fouls, and both have resulted in just a simple talking to...no cards, nothing...Joke.

Wow....So Miami scores, and then Atlanta goes down in the box thanks to an elbow to the face. 

Should be a straight red, but instead issues a yellow and NOT penalty kick. 

This ref needs a new gig. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived