2020/21 MLS Season

football forum

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Stan said:

@Eco I swear Inter Miami and Atlanta play each other every other week :what:

Because they do. 

MLS made the league mostly regional to avoid the spread of COVID, so we play Inter Miami, Nashville SC, and Orlando all the time, with a rare out of region game (like NYRB) every so often. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator
8 minutes ago, Eco said:

Breaking News: Atlanta United still sucks. 

Lost 2-1 against DC United this past weekend...ugh

I watched this. Did enough to get back in to the game (just about) then lost concentration in the final minutes. 

There's a lack of identity with the side and the change in management has caused instability. Noticed a distinct lack of confidence in the side too. No players seemed to take responsibility and it just seemed there was a lack of leader(s) on the pitch. Gotta write this season off I think? Start fresh next season with fresh outlook. 

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

I watched this. Did enough to get back in to the game (just about) then lost concentration in the final minutes. 

There's a lack of identity with the side and the change in management has caused instability. Noticed a distinct lack of confidence in the side too. No players seemed to take responsibility and it just seemed there was a lack of leader(s) on the pitch. Gotta write this season off I think? Start fresh next season with fresh outlook. 

Yeah - making the playoffs is somehow still a possibility I believe, but that would just be a complete disservice to the league. 

1 hour ago, Eco said:

Breaking News: Atlanta United still sucks. 

Lost 2-1 against DC United this past weekend...ugh

I think FC Cincinnati plays Atlanta once more before the season ends.  A chance for you to pick up 3 points.  Our season is over and has been since the MLS is Back tourney ended.

3 minutes ago, Coma said:

I think FC Cincinnati plays Atlanta once more before the season ends.  A chance for you to pick up 3 points.  Our season is over and has been since the MLS is Back tourney ended.

You are from Cincy? Nice !

Yeah, we are trash so whether or not we pick up points is useless as it doesn't mean anything in this pointless season. 

18 hours ago, Eco said:

You are from Cincy? Nice !

Yeah, we are trash so whether or not we pick up points is useless as it doesn't mean anything in this pointless season. 

Yes, season ticket holder for a few years now.  We've been absolute dog shite since we've been in MLS, which all goes back to poor upper management.  Our GM was just interviewed a week or so ago on a local podcast and said we'd need 4-5 more transfer windows to get it straightened out.  Fans have gone berserk.  Turns out he was misunderstood but still... fans goodwill is starting to waiver.

Just now, Coma said:

Yes, season ticket holder for a few years now.  We've been absolute dog shite since we've been in MLS, which all goes back to poor upper management.  Our GM was just interviewed a week or so ago on a local podcast and said we'd need 4-5 more transfer windows to get it straightened out.  Fans have gone berserk.  Turns out he was misunderstood but still... fans goodwill is starting to waiver.

Yeah my wife and I have had ST's since Atlanta United inception, and go to almost all the games. 

My wife is actually from Columbus, Ohio, so I've been to your side of the country many times. 

mls1.png?lm=1581161734

October 28, 2020
NY Red Bulls vs New England
Orlando City vs Atlanta United
Cincinnati vs Sporting KC
Philadelphia vs Chicago
Toronto FC vs NYCFC
Minnesota vs Colorado
DC United vs Columbus
FC Dallas vs Inter Miami
Portland vs LA Galaxy
LAFC vs Houston Dynamo
San Jose vs Real Salt Lake

The second game this year I didn't watch, as I had prior plans that I couldn't change. But the win was certainly nice against Cincy and somehow we remain in position for the playoffs. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived