• Danny Murphy
    • Roy Keane
    • Rio Ferdinand
    • Other (Please Specify)

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Fucking fucking fucking hell, you can't be serious that this discussion not only happened but has then been posted on Talksport's actual Twitter feed because they're not ashamed enough that this happened on their show to miss out on the opportunity to get some extra publicity.

"Google, show me some absolute gammons talking about football players".

Actually makes me embarrassed to be British.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Fucking fucking fucking hell, you can't be serious that this discussion not only happened but has then been posted on Talksport's actual Twitter feed because they're not ashamed enough that this happened on their show to miss out on the opportunity to get some extra publicity.

Just say it how it’s meant to be said in this country!

Pandering to the xenophobic/racist, must-leave, love-Brexit morons there. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/08/2019 at 12:00, RandoEFC said:

Haha Hahahaha, welcome back Talksport.

To be fair he probably does have a point. However silva may have thought it was a good thing to do as well. 

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, Gunnersauraus said:

To be fair he probably does have a point. However silva may have thought it was a good thing to do as well. 

How does he have a point? Managers always send players to applaud the fans yet this idiot happens to choose this one occasion to use it as evidence that Silva knows his head's on the block?

Our players are usually very good at applauding the away fans but only Coleman went over at the Villa defeat on Friday so yes Silva probably made a point of making them make up for it by giving their shirts out but the primary motivation was to make nice with our fans (which is why any players go over to the away support in a football match anyway) but he didn't do it because it "looks good". Silva is one of the least media-savvy managers in the league.

• Subscriber
On 30/08/2019 at 12:00, RandoEFC said:

Haha Hahahaha, welcome back Talksport.

Cundy's absolutely horrendous. I know people moan about Durham but he can be interesting at times in my eyes. Cundy's just consistently dog shit.

22 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

How does he have a point? Managers always send players to applaud the fans yet this idiot happens to choose this one occasion to use it as evidence that Silva knows his head's on the block?

Our players are usually very good at applauding the away fans but only Coleman went over at the Villa defeat on Friday so yes Silva probably made a point of making them make up for it by giving their shirts out but the primary motivation was to make nice with our fans (which is why any players go over to the away support in a football match anyway) but he didn't do it because it "looks good". Silva is one of the least media-savvy managers in the league.

Fair enough I didn't know that. I thought he was talking about the Watford manager I got muddled up. Wasn't that the pundit who said women pundits had two high voices? Even though most are better than him

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Gunnersauraus said:

Fair enough I didn't know that. Wasn't that the pundit who said women pundits had two high voices? Even though most are better than him

No idea but that sounds like pretty standard Talksport patter so it could well be.

On 21/08/2019 at 08:02, RandoEFC said:

Just imagine, Juan Piedras, José Gómez, Daniel Rosa, and Declan Arroz all lining up for el tres leones. I´m sure they´d lose their minds if they had to hear ´Garet Bol and Arree Kin´ every week.

1 hour ago, 6666 said:

TalkSport is a load of shit and Adrian Durham should be thrown off a bridge. 

Jason Cundy before him. Absolutely cannot stand him. 

@topic

Speaking of Sherwood he is the typical English pundit who will state the obvious and cite few examples from his playing days.

Nobody here has spoken about Ian Wright. I don't think he is special, does a decent job, but man it is difficult to dislike him. Comes across as such a nice bloke. 

I like Warnock from the new bunch. And from the little I have seen of Mellor, I think he is quite good. 

Of the journos, Melissa Reddy is really good.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Jason Cundy before him. Absolutely cannot stand him. 

@topic

Speaking of Sherwood he is the typical English pundit who will state the obvious and cite few examples from his playing days.

Nobody here has spoken about Ian Wright. I don't think he is special, does a decent job, but man it is difficult to dislike him. Comes across as such a nice bloke. 

I like Warnock from the new bunch. And from the little I have seen of Mellor, I think he is quite good. 

Of the journos, Melissa Reddy is really good.

Wright's one of my favourites, and not just because he is very complimentary towards Leicester, and in particular Vardy who he obviously sees a bit of himself in due to the similar career path (lower league and working his way up to England striker etc).

He just says it like it his - doesn't skirt around issues or be wishy-washy in what he sees.

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Wright's one of my favourites, and not just because he is very complimentary towards Leicester, and in particular Vardy who he obviously sees a bit of himself in due to the similar career path (lower league and working his way up to England striker etc).

He just says it like it his - doesn't skirt around issues or be wishy-washy in what he sees.

Never thought of it before but yeah, Wright and Vardy do have very similar playing styles. Vardy's lob last weekend was vintage Ian Wright!

• Subscriber
On 05/09/2019 at 23:55, Spike said:

Just gonna say I hate Jamie Redknapp's 'Yer Chelseas, yer Liverpools, yer Messis, and yer Ronaldos'. How is everything a plural with that thick cunt?

Carragher does that as well sometimes. I have different reasons for despising Redknapp, he's like the poster boy of modern punditry, just coming out with shite safe opinions that fit the narrative and are what he thinks people want to hear, whilst never getting called out for it weeks later when he gets proved wrong or contradicts himself.

Can always remember Redknapp talking about the Benitez-Alonso fall out after Alonso had gone. It was at the time when Benitez was getting it from all angles, some justified but most not. Redknapp used the 4-1 win at Old Trafford the previous season as an example of Alonso's ability and how much Liverpool had missed him. Alonso didn't even play in that gamexD

• Subscriber
34 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Can always remember Redknapp talking about the Benitez-Alonso fall out after Alonso had gone. It was at the time when Benitez was getting it from all angles, some justified but most not. Redknapp used the 4-1 win at Old Trafford the previous season as an example of Alonso's ability and how much Liverpool had missed him. Alonso didn't even play in that gamexD

I'm not surprised. Him and Merson are the worst for just saying things as if they're blatantly obvious things and they're shocked that they even have to say it when they're either baffling opinions or just factually incorrect.

On 05/09/2019 at 11:39, Rick said:

I like Ian Wright. He's not a genius pundit but he's likable and comes across as human unlike most the rest.

I don't think he's one of the best at bringing insight, but his genuine passion when he's on television for an England game is certainly joyful.

It's a low bar, but certainly is better entertainment than most of the dull (and most of them are recently retired) players that ITV seem to pull out, especially for tournaments.

Also, how many of these clips of awful pundits seem to be from Sky Sport's 'The Debate'? When you have a programme on almost everyday, they must be scraping the barrel for contributors and content. No wonder so much drivel comes from it.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I'm not surprised. Him and Merson are the worst for just saying things as if they're blatantly obvious things and they're shocked that they even have to say it when they're either baffling opinions or just factually incorrect.

Merson is the best at saying things that are just blatantly incorrect or wrong. I assume he's genuinely one of the stupidest people that's made a career out of punditry. 

Archived