The better place to talk football.

2020/2021 Kits

football forum

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Rick said:

The new MLS shirts are a disgrace with all of them forced into having the same Adidas template. Taking the piss with those three stripes on the shoulder. 

Yeah, but it's the American way. If they league bids out on the kit manufacture, then they make more money than if they leave it up to the individual teams. I agree it's dumb, but much like the lack of promotion/relegation, it's just not going away. 

With that being said, the Atlanta United kit away kit is loads better than that 'King Peach' shit we had.. 

Adidas are at fault for crappy MLS kits, not  MLS for putting the contract for shirt manufacture out to tender. They’ve literally given them two templates and while soccer is still relatively new over there in comparison to other sports, the shirts show no sign of identity or take in any form of history or culture from the respective cities/states that they are representing.  

13 hours ago, Eco said:

Yeah, but it's the American way. If they league bids out on the kit manufacture, then they make more money than if they leave it up to the individual teams. I agree it's dumb, but much like the lack of promotion/relegation, it's just not going away. 

With that being said, the Atlanta United kit away kit is loads better than that 'King Peach' shit we had.. 

I’m not knocking MLS really. It’s more aimed at Adidas, who have shoehorned that template into every single teams shirt. I may be mistaken, but MLS has never had every team using the same template like this year. 

The boldness of the design is what makes it worse. Three stripes on the should could look good on a retro inspire kit, but not as a base for them all. Bad job by Adidas.

On 07/02/2020 at 14:32, Smiley Culture said:

Adidas are at fault for crappy MLS kits, not  MLS for putting the contract for shirt manufacture out to tender. They’ve literally given them two templates and while soccer is still relatively new over there in comparison to other sports, the shirts show no sign of identity or take in any form of history or culture from the respective cities/states that they are representing.  

Tbf in American sports, cookie cutter template kits seem to be the norm.

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Except for college sports. 

Of course you have the classic uniforms like Alabama and Penn State that haven't changed in 50 years, but then you have Oregon which has had a new uniform every game for the past 5-6 years. 

On 08/02/2020 at 17:22, Dr. Gonzo said:

not really, the leagues just negotiate contracts for parity, and white is a traditional away colour. look at say, new york islanders and a pittsburg penguins jersey, same manufacturer by have different designs. the mls having the exact design for each team is really weird

7 hours ago, Spike said:

not really, the leagues just negotiate contracts for parity, and white is a traditional away colour. look at say, new york islanders and a pittsburg penguins jersey, same manufacturer by have different designs. the mls having the exact design for each team is really weird

But in the NFL, NBA, & baseball are all more like the MLS with it just being different colour schemes.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Subscriber
14 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

NINTCHDBPICT000547230242.jpg?strip=all&w

And that’s the home. It’s better but the lightning bolts are double shit. 

That is hideous. Never been a fan of the badges and logos being in the centre. This one looks like one of those really cheap t-shirts that come out during the World Cups.

15 hours ago, Lucas said:

First time I saw this but what looks like the new England away.

Unsure.

20200331_135321.thumb.jpg.f3a4bcdcbe4cea8ab29875f01d0a4f70.jpg

There seems to be an obsession with blue and red kits recently for away strips. Grimsby currently have one like this and so do Sunderland - both awful.

Yeah, I don't know if the red quite fits that shade of Blue. Maybe if it was navy it would have worked better.

Personally, I'd have liked us to use a pale blue for the base colour with that pattern and a Navy Blue for the lightening bolt and trim as a homage to the below.

0_640.thumb.jpg.63bec761ce043a69e23b23d0b7f33f03.jpg

• The topic was pinned
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived