The better place to talk football.

Mulan (2020)

football forum

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, nudge said:

It's reportedly replaced by a phoenix :(

Please tell me the Be a Man song is still in it.

"How would I know, Gonzo, the film isn't even out yet."

I fucking love that song.

Let's get down to business... to defeat.. the huns…. HWAAUHHH

Fucking quality.

• Subscriber
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

@nudge

There will be no songs! https://www.buzzfeed.com/benhenry/mulan-director-niki-caro-q-and-a?utm_source=dynamic&utm_campaign=bffbbuzzfeed&ref=bffbbuzzfeed

The director said “we don’t tend to break into song when we go into war” - someone ought to tell her about military marching bands

I have mixed feelings about it... I love the music in the animation and songs in Mulan were class but on the other hand I'm not a fan of actors singing in live-action movies. Just watched the new Aladdin movie a few days ago and enjoyed it but it also annoyed me whenever they started singing :7_sweat_smile:

3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I have mixed feelings about it... I love the music in the animation and songs in Mulan were class but on the other hand I'm not a fan of actors singing in live-action movies. Just watched the new Aladdin movie a few days ago and enjoyed it but it also annoyed me whenever they started singing :7_sweat_smile:

I liked when they made Christopher Walken do Oobie Doo I Wanna Walk Like You-hoo-hoo in the Jungle Book remake. But I guess that’s different because he was a CGI orangutan 

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, nudge said:

You clearly havent watched a Bollywood movie have you?

Don't think Disney can win with these live action remakes to be fair.

They either piss people off if they don't include all the songs or all the characters, or they piss people off if they do, because it's too similar to the original.

Heard the same sort of thing with The Lion King.

For what it's worth, I don't mind them but I grew up on the cartoon versions, so they will always be my preference.

• 7 months later...

My missus loves Mulan the original so we watched this yesterday.

She loved it.

For me, first 20mins were a bit slow, but once she actually joined the warriors camp, that's when the film got going.

If I'm honest, I think they made the right decision not to put the likes of Mushu in. It would have cheapened the realism of it and made it a little tacky. Always difficult to combine humans with animal characters and pull it off.

Cinematography was very good, as were the action sequences. Look, it's Disney, there will be no bloodshed but that's not to say it was any less entertaining. I actually think Disney missed a trick by not releasing it on the big screen. I don't think some of the scenes are fully justified in the home on TV.

And they probably could have done with putting in a couple more of the songs synonymous with the original, not in a musical sense where they all sing, but for the training montages and things like that. But that was more a criticism from my missus than me.

All in all, a solid effort. If you are into the live action remakes, it's worth a watch for sure.

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Lucas said:

She loved it.

For me, first 20mins were a bit slow, but once she actually joined the warriors camp, that's when the film got going.

If I'm honest, I think they made the right decision not to put the likes of Mushu in. It would have cheapened the realism of it and made it a little tacky. Always difficult to combine humans with animal characters and pull it off.

Cinematography was very good, as were the action sequences. Look, it's Disney, there will be no bloodshed but that's not to say it was any less entertaining. I actually think Disney missed a trick by not releasing it on the big screen. I don't think some of the scenes are fully justified in the home on TV.

And they probably could have done with putting in a couple more of the songs synonymous with the original, not in a musical sense where they all sing, but for the training montages and things like that. But that was more a criticism from my missus than me.

All in all, a solid effort. If you are into the live action remakes, it's worth a watch for sure.

Good to hear. Was meaning to watch it some time this week, was unsure as the reviews appear to be mixed, but aparently most of the low reviews are politically motivated. 

14 minutes ago, Lucas said:

She loved it.

I was reading somewhere that they were going to charge 20 or 30 quid to watch this, or buy it whichever it was and there was a bit of a song and dance about it at the time prior to release. I will assume that the cost was either over exaggerated/non existent or pulled after complaints??? 

5 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I was reading somewhere that they were going to charge 20 or 30 quid to watch this, or buy it whichever it was and there was a bit of a song and dance about it at the time prior to release. I will assume that the cost was either over exaggerated/non existent or pulled after complaints??? 

Yeah on Disney +

Fuck that xD

2 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

Yeah it's £20 quid I think but I did a bit of a Robin Hood, robbed fron the rich to give to the poor and downloaded a 1080p torrent. 

Little wins.

Archived