talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Valencia CF Discussion

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

So, because they had some tangible success, they’ve sacked a coach? That’s sad. 

I understand that qualification for the Champions League would be priority for Valencia, after a spell out of it in recent years, but a 4th place finish, a European Semi-Final and a Trophy to continue their history of being one of the biggest clubs outside of the big two. 

Football is shit sometimes and this is one of those times. 

1 hour ago, Smiley Culture said:

So, because they had some tangible success, they’ve sacked a coach? That’s sad. 

I understand that qualification for the Champions League would be priority for Valencia, after a spell out of it in recent years, but a 4th place finish, a European Semi-Final and a Trophy to continue their history of being one of the biggest clubs outside of the big two. 

Football is shit sometimes and this is one of those times. 

Yeah, indeed mate... Apparently they're accusing Marcelino of being negligent with their league priorities and focusing on cup success. It's absolutely ridiculous if you ask me and they should look towards the Copa clash between Barcelona and Real where they threw everything at it.

Much can be read into this particular issue in terms of where football has gone and the obsessive requirement of the Champions League. The way things are going in the big 5 European leagues, winning a league title will soon become a lesser trophy.

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Very disappointing performance by Valencia at the weekend.  I'm not sure if they were zapped from the cup final against Betis but they limped through the derby against bottom side Levante.  I couldn't figure out what got Gaya sent off as they never showed a decent replay of the collision.

I'd go all in to sign Hugo Duro permanently.  He seems like the only real threat up top that is a legitimate striker and has proven he can score the big goals.

5 hours ago, Coma said:

Very disappointing performance by Valencia at the weekend.  I'm not sure if they were zapped from the cup final against Betis but they limped through the derby against bottom side Levante.  I couldn't figure out what got Gaya sent off as they never showed a decent replay of the collision.

I'd go all in to sign Hugo Duro permanently.  He seems like the only real threat up top that is a legitimate striker and has proven he can score the big goals.

It was a last man off the ball foul. I'm not sure the striker would've got there before the keeper but it was stupid from Gaya and he can have no complaints.

Yeah with Guedes almost certain to leave they should really try to get Hugo Duro permanently.

I hope they get a new manager next season because they have some good technical players and they deserve a coach that can make the most of that instead of playing physical, shithouse Bordelas ball.

42 minutes ago, ...Dan said:

It was a last man off the ball foul. I'm not sure the striker would've got there before the keeper but it was stupid from Gaya and he can have no complaints.

Yeah with Guedes almost certain to leave they should really try to get Hugo Duro permanently.

I hope they get a new manager next season because they have some good technical players and they deserve a coach that can make the most of that instead of playing physical, shithouse Bordelas ball.

Bordalas is signed through 2023 so I don't see him leaving.  I agree the football is turgid.

• 5 months later...

Really enjoying the football from Valencia this season.  They're much tighter at the back and look to play out while in possession.  Lino has been a nightmare to defend against and Moriba is starting to click in midfield.  It's a shame the squad has so many loan signings as they could really build on this core of younger players.

• 4 months later...

And then Javier Tebas says this,

"I am always concerned that there is a climate against the owners. You have to see things with perspective. Many of those who were outside Mestalla were the ones who welcomed Peter Lim at Mestalla. Or when they won the Cup. Of course it worries me and it worries me that they insult the president so gravely. We worry about the insults to the players, but I am also worried about the insults to the president inside and outside of the president’s box.”

WTF Tebas, the fans protested outside the stadium for 19 minutes before entering...hardly being insulting.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, Eco said:

And then Javier Tebas says this,

WTF Tebas, the fans protested outside the stadium for 19 minutes before entering...hardly being insulting.

What a bizarre statement. Almost trying to silence the fans and to stop them complaining about the running of their club. How ignorant.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

What a bizarre statement. Almost trying to silence the fans and to stop them complaining about the running of their club. How ignorant.

Exactly.

Valencia fans are doing anything wrong, and are just trying to support their team. Tebas has more important things to worry about then this, he just needs to shut up and let things take their course.

The shit show continues...

Edited by Eco

Valencia's Next 5 Matches....

Feb 25 - vs Real Sociedad
Mar 5 - at Barcelona
Mar 11 - vs Osasuna
Mar 18 - at Atletico Madrid
Apr 2 - vs Rayo

Yikes - I'd give them an outside shot against Osasuna, but really I can't imagine Valencia getting any points in these games, which is why this last weekend was such a crippling lose for Valencia.

20 minutes ago, Eco said:

Valencia's Next 5 Matches....

Feb 25 - vs Real Sociedad
Mar 5 - at Barcelona
Mar 11 - vs Osasuna
Mar 18 - at Atletico Madrid
Apr 2 - vs Rayo

Yikes - I'd give them an outside shot against Osasuna, but really I can't imagine Valencia getting any points in these games, which is why this last weekend was such a crippling lose for Valencia.

Yeah, they went through a stretch of matches against the likes of Cadiz, Girona, Almeria, Valladolid, etc.... all matches where they should be getting something and took 0 points iirc.  It's only going to get worse now.

This kind of stuff seems to be coming out daily against Valencia.

La Liga President Javier Tebas has defended the Valencia leadership, but accusations from rival Miguel Zorio are beyond defence, if substantiated. Platforming his anti-Lim movement, Marea Valencianista, Zorio’s statement was carried by Superdeporte in which he claims he received an anonymous tip off regarding Lim and Chan.

According to the information received by Zorio, members of the first-team squad at Valencia are going unpaid, while Chan has a luxury house in Valencia being paid by the club. This is added to accusations of improper handling of the sale by the club, hidden payments to former CEO Anil Murthy and former manager Gennaro Gattuso from a Singapore account, and La Liga relaxing financial rules to benefit Lim. Meriton Holdings, the ownership group that Lim leads, are based in Singapore.

IF true, then this is just more of a reason for Lim and his team to leave the club to someone who actually cares about the club, fans, and results.

https://www.football-espana.net/2023/02/21/valencia-accused-of-failing-to-pay-players-while-funding-luxury-house-for-chairwoman

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...