talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Best Players In The America's Tier List

football forum

@Eco @Dr. Gonzo @Berserker @El Profesor What do we think?

ad8f5f4b29978d688a20a3c3c5dd4b49.png

S: Juanfer Quintero, Gabriel Barbosa, Giorgian De Arrascaeta, Carlos Vela, Franco Armani, Paolo Guerrero, Everton Soares

A: Luis Abram, Yoshimar Yotun, Guido Rodriguez, Carlos Sanchez, Josef Martinez, Andre-Pierre Gignac, Raul Ruidiaz, Esteban Andrada

B: Lucas Pratto, Alejandro Pozuelo, Bruno Henrique, Pulga Rodriguez, Dudu, Edison FLores

C: Martin Campaña, Richard Schunke, Guillermo Ochoa, Alan Pulido, Stefan Medina, Cecilio Dominguez

D: Santiago Silva, Mathias Suarez, Carlos Tevez

Keep in mind, I am comparing this to the S players. The D category doesn't mean bad, but rather bad in comparison.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two things - 

1. How is one of the most dominant players in 3 years of MLS a tier 2, when a player who had one great year, is a tier 1? 

2. How is Pity Martinez not on this list? 2 years ago he was the South American PoY, and not he's not in the top 4 tiers? Seems beyond absurd. 

I also don't want enough football outside of MLS and Liga MX to know much more about the other players. I don't get why Ruidaz and Martinez are on the same level. To me, Josef has proven much more. 

47 minutes ago, Eco said:

Two things - 

1. How is one of the most dominant players in 3 years of MLS a tier 2, when a player who had one great year, is a tier 1? 

2. How is Pity Martinez not on this list? 2 years ago he was the South American PoY, and not he's not in the top 4 tiers? Seems beyond absurd. 

I also don't want enough football outside of MLS and Liga MX to know much more about the other players. I don't get why Ruidaz and Martinez are on the same level. To me, Josef has proven much more. 

These are players I am most familiar with.

As for 1, if you’re talking about Vela, he’s been doing well since long before he came to the MLS.

7 minutes ago, Berserker said:

I agree with most and also with what Eco said, and i'd put Borre way over Silva who's too old now.

I was thinking about including Borre, but wasn't sure what to make of him. I've seen some god awful games by him but also some really good ones. (all for River)

Silva I only included as filler, if I were to be honest xD

7 hours ago, Vader said:

These are players I am most familiar with.

As for 1, if you’re talking about Vela, he’s been doing well since long before he came to the MLS.

Oh...you made this? Wasn't aware of that. 

Josef has to be in top tier. He's broken records, and has been the most consistent scorer the MLS has seen over the 3 years he has been here. And while I understand Vela has been good for a long time, he's also extremely injury prone which has always been his biggest hurdle. Pity should still be on the list, as should Barco. As I said, one was the South American PoY, and the other was Captain of the U-20 Argentine team. Barca had a great year last year, and I expect PIty to make a similar jump this year. 

5 minutes ago, Eco said:

Oh...you made this? Wasn't aware of that. 

Josef has to be in top tier. He's broken records, and has been the most consistent scorer the MLS has seen over the 3 years he has been here. And while I understand Vela has been good for a long time, he's also extremely injury prone which has always been his biggest hurdle. Pity should still be on the list, as should Barco. As I said, one was the South American PoY, and the other was Captain of the U-20 Argentine team. Barca had a great year last year, and I expect PIty to make a similar jump this year. 

Yeah, some of these players were excluded because I made this for fun and not in any professional sense. I haven't seen Barco consistently since he was at Independiente and Pity when he won player of the year I was a bit disconnected from Libertadores and Argentinian football. I don't want to just guess how some of these guys have done and base it off what I've read. 

As for Josef, I really rate him but he's not quite at the level of Paolo Guerrero or Carlos Vela. Both who have proven themselves at higher standards. Gabigol broke records in Brazil and South America. So it only made sense for him to be a tier below.

He might be the best player in the A tier or one of the best. I like him better than Gignac for example.

Archived