talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

CONMEBOL World Cup Qualifiers 2022

football forum

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently, Anvisa was already aware of the situation of those 4 players. 

They decided not to intervene, as long as those 4 players stayed in their hotel until leaving the country. It was only when they went to the stadium that they decided to actively deport them.

What actually happened in Brazil? The match actually started didnt it? And then they realised covid protical had  been  broken and stopped playing? 

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

What actually happened in Brazil? The match actually started didnt it? And then they realised covid protical had  been  broken and stopped playing? 

It started for 5 mins then Brazilian health officials stormed the pitch (conveniently) and went to 'detain' the 4 Argentinian players.

There's been good points raised in that they knew the players were arriving, had been in Brazil for 3 days already so why wait until the match and storming on to the pitch to take action? 

It's hardly rocket science to wait until the players have lied already to get in to the country by saying they hadn't been in the UK - it's very bloody easy to check literally any sport site to see who played for who and when/where xD. All a bit of a shambles by Brazil really, and it's not like they're top of the league in managing COVID anyway. 

• 1 month later...

I see Raphinha bagged two goals last night. The 2nd one, counter attack was ridiculous.

His first three appearances during this break for the national team and he's left a massive impression with his assists, goals and flair play. Sounds like they are loving him over there.

Not a hope in hell of keeping him beyond this season I'd say at this rate. The big fish will surely be queuing.

• 4 weeks later...

Brazil beat Colombia at home, while Argentina won away against Uruguay. Two very strong opponents for both Brazil and Argentina, but they both passed the test with flying colours. So it is no surprise that both these national teams top the group, with Brazil in 1st place and Argentina in 2nd place. Ecuador have been the surprise team in this qualification process in many ways. They are in 3rd place in the group standings and they won yet again in the latest round of qualifiers against Venezuela.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrator

Final round of qualifiers this month for CONMEBOL

all kick-offs GMT

Round 17
Thursday 24th March, 2022

Uruguay vs Peru, 23.30
Colombia vs Bolivia, 23.30
Brazil vs Chile, 23.30
Paraguay vs Ecuador, 23.30

Friday 25th March, 2022
Argentina vs Venezuela, 23.30

image.png

image.pngimage.png

• Administrator

Uruguay through after beating Peru 1-0.

Between Peru, Colombia and Chile for the playoff spot... 

1648193934010.jpg

Peru have to match Colombia and Chile's results to stay in 5th.

Colombia have to beat Venezuela and hope Peru draw/lose, or draw and hope Peru lose. 

Chile need to beat Uruguay and hope Peru and Colombia both lose. 

22 hours ago, Cicero said:

Tell him to come back. 

I think he asked to but wasnt allowed. It's probably better for him that he doesnt come back. Remember how many arguments he use to get in with people 

12 minutes ago, Gunnersauraus said:

I think he asked to but wasnt allowed. It's probably better for him that he doesnt come back. Remember how many arguments he use to get in with people 

Shame. 

Despite his OCD and his continuous rambling about Peru, I appreciated his knowledge on football. 

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Shame. 

Despite his OCD and his continuous rambling about Peru, I appreciated his knowledge on football. 

What does his ocd have to do with anything?

The thing was some people would say something to him and he would react. He couldn't just leave things. I get like that sometimes so I can understand 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

The urge to reveal hidden posts from members he blocked, to then react to them. 

I dont think that is ocd. I think that is a personality thing 

As for the Peru thing I don't think he was aware of how much he talked about them 

14 minutes ago, Cicero said:

He called it OCD himself. 

I have ocd. Sometimes people with ocd can mistake other things they do for OCD. Generally you perform a compulsion to relieve anxiety. I think it could be  more a social anxiety thing. He wants the validation that he is right. Could be wrong but that is what I think. 

• 2 months later...

Archived