talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

TF365 Film Club

football forum

• Subscriber

Hello fellow members of TF365. Welcome to Film Club. There are only two rules...

1. You do not talk about Film Club
2. You DO NOT talk about Film Club.

In all seriousness, we will pick a film and discuss it as a group. It doesn't matter if you've seen it before or never seen it. It's a chance to watch a film and chat about it in detail.

@Harry suggested we could watch the films in the Marvel Cinematic Universe which I like the idea of (especially in chronological order) but we can spread those out and have some other films in between to suit everyone's tastes. I like the idea of watching films I'd not usually watch too. 

Suggest some films and we can go from there and decide what we are going to watch. Not sure if it would work out best as one thread for all of the films or a separate section within Film/TV with a thread for each film - it's all open to discussion!

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Good idea! We did something similar in the past (in the old forum I think) and it was fun at first but it also died soon as there was lack of participants... Hope this works out better this time!

I'm definitely in; can we please mix the movies up a little bit though... 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think we include anything and everything. Marvel just happens to be another part of cinema now. I love the horror genre, others hate it. No shite like Human Centipede though.

I'll watch anything (well bar the extreme cases of rubbish), even the genres I don't like, as long as we mix it up... 

5 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think we include anything and everything. Marvel just happens to be another part of cinema now. I love the horror genre, others hate it. No shite like Human Centipede though.

Yeah, apart from the obvious run of the mill bollocks, I think we include anything. Hopefully leaning towards more substance though. 

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

In just let me know what to watch and then give me some time to get to it. But yeah I like the idea of a greatest list and then work through them. I assume foreign cinema is included as well?

I'd be in favour of that...

I thought of something along the lines of They Shoot Pictures list: http://theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films.htm  Granted it's massive; so there might be better ones out there.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, nudge said:

I'd be in favour of that...

I thought of something along the lines of They Shoot Pictures list: http://theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_all1000films.htm  Granted it's massive; so there might be better ones out there.

I like that list its comprehensive and has a lot of variety in it too. Plus it meets the gold standard asked in here which as no Marvel lol.

P.S. No anime in that list but that's okay

• Subscriber

I like that list its comprehensive and has a lot of variety in it too. Plus it meets the gold standard asked in here which as no Marvel lol.

They also have a separate list for 21st century movies only; this could be interesting if we want to mix it up and watch both the classics and the newer ones. Something like a classic movie one week and then a modern one next week maybe...

http://theyshootpictures.com/21stcentury_allfilms_table.php

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, nudge said:

They also have a separate list for 21st century movies only; this could be interesting if we want to mix it up and watch both the classics and the newer ones. Something like a classic movie one week and then a modern one next week maybe...

http://theyshootpictures.com/21stcentury_allfilms_table.php

I honestly would like to hear from everyone else here. I don't mind rewatching movies or even going through a swap of classic vs modern (not recent but modern cinema). I do like the idea of also using themes but everyone else can weigh in on what they'd like here.

• Subscriber

I honestly would like to hear from everyone else here. I don't mind rewatching movies or even going through a swap of classic vs modern (not recent but modern cinema). I do like the idea of also using themes but everyone else can weigh in on what they'd like here.

Themes/genres sound good as well. 

• Subscriber

I like the themed idea. That way if someone doesn’t like a certain theme, they can sit it out if they want but rejoin later on.

I like the idea of one recommendation per person, and then we could maybe vote on which we should watch?

• Subscriber
Just now, Pyfish said:

I like the themed idea. That way if someone doesn’t like a certain theme, they can sit it out if they want but rejoin later on.

I like the idea of one recommendation per person, and then we could maybe vote on which we should watch?

I like this too as long as we just end up with one movie in a stipulated time-frame allowing discussion.

Archived