The better place to talk football.

TF365 Film Club

football forum

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I like this too as long as we just end up with one movie in a stipulated time-frame allowing discussion.

And as long as everyone doesn’t just vote their recommended film 😂

• Subscriber
59 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

I think we include anything and everything. Marvel just happens to be another part of cinema now. I love the horror genre, others hate it. No shite like Human Centipede though.

I like myself some horrors, Human Centipede was so bad and so gross but I had to watch it....I watched it years ago when I lived back home with my mom. I remember her walking by the living room during one of the centipede marching scenes and just the question "what the hell are you watching" I will never forget xD Im not sure I could even answer her properly because I dont even know what I was watching. 

Anyways I agree about the marvel shite, I have 0 interest in any of those, I havent watched most of them. Themes is a good idea, I like being exposed to genres I wouldnt otherwise watch, Ive been pleasantly surprised by alot of films that way. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Good. I didn't want my virginity back. 

I'd say theres some stuff that is very high quality and probably trumps the phrase being thrown around called 'real cinema' but as a whole yeah its got more terrible than good. 

Just now, Mel81x said:

I'd say theres some stuff that is very high quality and probably trumps the phrase being thrown around called 'real cinema' but as a whole yeah its got more terrible than good. 

Yea I was kidding. I always wanted to watch Grave of the Fireflies? I believe that's the name. 

As for Horror. Not my favourite genre, to say the least, but I'm open to new things. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Yea I was kidding. I always wanted to watch Grave of the Fireflies? I believe that's the name. 

As for Horror. Not my favourite genre, to say the least, but I'm open to new things. 

Haha I was going to recommend it too. It's a terribly slow watch though but that ending is a tear-jerker. 

Is there anything in German cinema you'd recommend? I remember watching a movie called Coffee in Berlin? Is that the name? I quite liked it.

Just now, Mel81x said:

Is there anything in German cinema you'd recommend? I remember watching a movie called Coffee in Berlin? Is that the name? I quite liked it.

Coffee in Berlin was good. I own that on DVD, and I'm usually not a big fan or German cinema per se. Tom Schilling was great in it. 

There are a few good German movies. My personal favourite is "Good Bye, Lenin", and of course there's "Das Boot" and "Das Leben der Anderen (The Lives of Others). Ulrich Mühe was great in that, and he died shortly after filming it. 

• Subscriber
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Coffee in Berlin was good. I own that on DVD, and I'm usually not a big fan or German cinema per se. Tom Schilling was great in it. 

There are a few good German movies. My personal favourite is "Good Bye, Lenin", and of course there's "Das Boot" and "Das Leben der Anderen (The Lives of Others). Ulrich Mühe was great in that, and he died shortly after filming it. 

I've watched it great film that.

1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I've watched it great film that.

Oh and Run Lola Run is a bit of a cult classic. The Simpsons even parodied it and it catapulted Frank Potente to Hollywood. 

• Subscriber
Just now, Tommy said:

Oh and Run Lola Run is a bit of a cult classic. The Simpsons even parodied it and it catapulted Frank Potente to Hollywood. 

Lola Rennt is class.

Also:
Das Experiment
Die Welle
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Der Baader-Meinhof-Komplex 

and of course Otto - Der Film :ph34r:

57 minutes ago, Tommy said:

There are a few good German movies. My personal favourite is "Good Bye, Lenin", and of course there's "Das Boot" and "Das Leben der Anderen (The Lives of Others)

47 minutes ago, nudge said:

Lola Rennt is class.

Also:
Das Experiment
Die Welle
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Der Baader-Meinhof-Komplex

I think this is a good idea but looking at some of the suggestions to discuss so far would have me feeling like I am turning up to book club with a copy of the beano rolled up in my back pocket.. only joking... I have seen all of them.. :ph34r:

• Subscriber

I'm happy to go first and like the idea of a relatively easy one to start with to get a taste of what kind of discussions we'll get. 

Am I choosing the film, the theme or just suggesting a film? 

Archived