talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

TF365 Film Club

football forum

I thought I had mentioned we should suggest movies from our home countries, especially given we have so many internationals on here. Even more specifically maybe some of the Brits can refer movies set or filmed around their home town.

I have a few suggestions for Australian cinema, if anyone is interested in this idea

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have not seen this movie but my suggestion is ‘The Proposition’. An Australian western film written by Nick Cave, and starred by Guy Pierce. 104 minutes long and on Amazon Prime.  Directed by the same bloke that directed The Road.

Other I would suggest are

The Castle - comedy and undersog story (it is very Australian so some might not get the humour)

Red Dog - family based on a true story, heartwarming schlock

Mad Max Uncut - I suggest this because strangely enough a lot of foreign markets were distributed a dubbed version with American actors.

Breaker Morant - war courtroom drama about the british military taking agency over two Australian soldiers

Picnic at Hanging Rock - horror/surreal nightmare about boarding school girls

Wake in Fright - english teacher embraces the violent masculinity of a bush town

The year my voice broke - coming of age drama

9 hours ago, Viva la FCB said:

Lets get this rolling! I have basically a week to do absolutely nothing.. takehome test came back positive for covid for me yesterday so... give me something to watch please xD

Come one I just listed eight movies. Skipped right over poor ol' spike's post

12 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Sorry folks. Work has been a bit mad this week. Is everyone happy to go with Spikes suggestion of Mad Max? Coincidentally a full I’ve never watched.

Just make sure you watch it with the original audio. the American dub makes it seem like a bad Hong Kong dub from 1975, I think both are available on the Amazon stream

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed Mad Max and liked Fury Road too.

Post apocalyptic Australia with special effects for those that like fast cars and psychotics characters trying to destroy Max.

Thought Fury Road was a clever twist and Charlise Theron stole the movie.

Archived