• Sign up free today!

    Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

TF365 Film Club

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Should we start with horror?

Im down with this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

P.S. No anime in that list but that's okay

Good. I didn't want my virginity back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tommy said:

Good. I didn't want my virginity back. 

I'd say theres some stuff that is very high quality and probably trumps the phrase being thrown around called 'real cinema' but as a whole yeah its got more terrible than good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mel81x said:

I'd say theres some stuff that is very high quality and probably trumps the phrase being thrown around called 'real cinema' but as a whole yeah its got more terrible than good. 

Yea I was kidding. I always wanted to watch Grave of the Fireflies? I believe that's the name. 

 

As for Horror. Not my favourite genre, to say the least, but I'm open to new things. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tommy said:

Yea I was kidding. I always wanted to watch Grave of the Fireflies? I believe that's the name. 

 

As for Horror. Not my favourite genre, to say the least, but I'm open to new things. 

Haha I was going to recommend it too. It's a terribly slow watch though but that ending is a tear-jerker. 

Is there anything in German cinema you'd recommend? I remember watching a movie called Coffee in Berlin? Is that the name? I quite liked it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Mel81x said:

Is there anything in German cinema you'd recommend? I remember watching a movie called Coffee in Berlin? Is that the name? I quite liked it.

Coffee in Berlin was good. I own that on DVD, and I'm usually not a big fan or German cinema per se. Tom Schilling was great in it. 

There are a few good German movies. My personal favourite is "Good Bye, Lenin", and of course there's "Das Boot" and "Das Leben der Anderen (The Lives of Others). Ulrich Mühe was great in that, and he died shortly after filming it. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Coffee in Berlin was good. I own that on DVD, and I'm usually not a big fan or German cinema per se. Tom Schilling was great in it. 

There are a few good German movies. My personal favourite is "Good Bye, Lenin", and of course there's "Das Boot" and "Das Leben der Anderen (The Lives of Others). Ulrich Mühe was great in that, and he died shortly after filming it. 

I've watched it great film that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mel81x said:

I've watched it great film that.

Oh and Run Lola Run is a bit of a cult classic. The Simpsons even parodied it and it catapulted Frank Potente to Hollywood. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tommy said:

Oh and Run Lola Run is a bit of a cult classic. The Simpsons even parodied it and it catapulted Frank Potente to Hollywood. 

Lola Rennt is class.

Also:
Das Experiment
Die Welle
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Der Baader-Meinhof-Komplex 

 

and of course Otto - Der Film :ph34r:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Tommy said:

There are a few good German movies. My personal favourite is "Good Bye, Lenin", and of course there's "Das Boot" and "Das Leben der Anderen (The Lives of Others)

 

47 minutes ago, nudge said:

Lola Rennt is class.

Also:
Das Experiment
Die Welle
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Der Baader-Meinhof-Komplex

I think this is a good idea but looking at some of the suggestions to discuss so far would have me feeling like I am turning up to book club with a copy of the beano rolled up in my back pocket.. only joking... I have seen all of them.. :ph34r:

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

in. Films that are available on netflix pls

That could be an issue though, regional netflix restrictions and all that jazz....

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we are going to have a few issues with availability for some films!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We just need a general consensus and we’ll be alreet. Start off with some easy ones to get the juices flowing and a feel for the conversation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a specific order of who gets to choose? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Is there a specific order of who gets to choose? 

I don't think we established that yet. Maybe alphabetical based on our usernames? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say @Pyfish should start given that it was his idea in the first place :D 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, nudge said:

I'd say @Pyfish should start given that it was his idea in the first place :D 

I think this is good then just go alphabetically till we round-robin. Is the theme still horror?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy to go first and like the idea of a relatively easy one to start with to get a taste of what kind of discussions we'll get. 

Am I choosing the film, the theme or just suggesting a film? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

I'm happy to go first and like the idea of a relatively easy one to start with to get a taste of what kind of discussions we'll get. 

Am I choosing the film, the theme or just suggesting a film? 

You choose the first film I think. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'd say just choose a movie and let's get on with it. If we try to agree on a genre and whatnot we'll never get started :4_joy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's start with an easy one then. Stan's going to make a Film Club section later on so I'll post the film then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No Marvel? It is a super hero movie for fuck sake. Did you expect an emotional roller coaster with a movie based on comic characters

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds great. I don't get much time to watch movies but I'll keep up as best I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a flexible club, dip in and out as you please :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New sub-forum set up for you ladies and gents :) 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Stan said:

New sub-forum set up for you ladies and gents :) 

 

Thanks mate :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Advertisement