The better place to talk football.

TF365 Film Club

football forum

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
13 hours ago, Bluewolf said:

How about 'Needful Things' given that it was mentioned in the passing of Max Von Sydows passing thread?? 

We will go with that, I'll get it posted now :)

• Subscriber
51 minutes ago, Tommy said:

This is not really going how we planned it, is it?

Just like the last time we tried the same thing on TFF. Good idea overall but most people are too busy to commit to it. I thought we had a nice if short discussion between a few of us in the Roma thread but other than that it's been a bit...too inactive.

4 hours ago, nudge said:

Just like the last time we tried the same thing on TFF. Good idea overall but most people are too busy to commit to it. I thought we had a nice if short discussion between a few of us in the Roma thread but other than that it's been a bit...too inactive.

There is no football to watch now though.

Once we are all in confinement we should fire this right up again. I still like the idea of doing a live group watch of a movie. Maybe in the 2pm UK timeslot we'd normally mostly be on here watching and posting on the EPL Matchday thread...?

• Subscriber

Yeah I'm a little disappointed but it was to be expected really which is why we kept the threads open.

A side issue is the inaccessibility of some films. I can understand why people wouldn't want to rent or buy some of them.

54 minutes ago, Pyfish said:

Yeah I'm a little disappointed but it was to be expected really which is why we kept the threads open.

A side issue is the inaccessibility of some films. I can understand why people wouldn't want to rent or buy some of them.

This is true, maybe we should select a current film out that most people can at least watch and review it and give thoughts after perhaps?? 

• Subscriber

Could maybe do one a week for a bit whilst all this crap is going on outside of the internet!

There's no set order of who is to go next so if @Tommy wants to suggest next, I'll get a new thread sorted.

Alright, my choice for this is "Valkyrie" , even though it might be an unpopular choice because I know at least one of our devoted fans doesn't like Tom Cruise. But I liked the movie. It was "dramatized" to a certain extend, but also stayed true to the story for the most part which was also was an important German story during World War II. It hasn't gotten many votes in imdb, so I think it's a bit of an unknown movie, so I hope not all of you know it already. Don't feel forced to watch it, just do it if you feel like it and let me know what you think. :) 

10 minutes ago, nudge said:

Ugh :/

Even if you don't like Tom Cruise, the other members of the cast are pretty impressive. Kenneth Branagh, Tom Wilkinson, Carice von Houten, Thomas Kretschman (!). Even Matthias Schweighöfer is in it. :ph34r: 

And it really is politically quite close to what really happened with the resistance during World War II. 

• Subscriber
17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Even if you don't like Tom Cruise, the other members of the cast are pretty impressive. Kenneth Branagh, Tom Wilkinson, Carice von Houten, Thomas Kretschman (!). Even Matthias Schweighöfer is in it. :ph34r: 

And it really is politically quite close to what really happened with the resistance during World War II. 

I'll try my best :7_sweat_smile:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived