Tuesday 16th May, 2017
Reading vs Fulham, 19.45

Wednesday 17th May, 2017
Sheff Weds vs Huddersfield, 19.45

Final to be played on Monday 29th May. 

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This should be good, on their day, four very good teams.

I'd actually have Reading as least favourites and they're the side that finished third. I'll predict Wednesday to win it purely based on their experience of losing in the final last year.

I want either of the two Yorkshire clubs to get promoted. I was gutted that Wednesday lost to Hull last in the final last year, and I'm predicting them to beat Fulham in the final. 

Both Reading and espcially Fulham have been in the Premier League recently, so either of them going up would be boring for me. Wednesday haven't been in the top flight since 2000, and Huddersfield haven't been there since 1972, so that would freshen things up nicely. 

Please not Reading, the most soulless club in the top two flights - only MK more so in the country. Bunch of plastic mongoloid fans and a fucking awful plastic flat pack Stadium. 

Fulham have been quality when I've seen them but I want us to nab Tom Cairney and I would prefer them not to come up as I think they'd do well next season in the PL. I think it'll be them and Wednesday in the final and Fulham will win. I really would want to see Huddersfield come up, would be my favourite due to them being the most likely to not put up much of a fight next year, although I can't see it. They've completely ran out of steam.

I love the play offs, will be in the air when the second leg is on next week which is a sickna.

• Subscriber

What an unreal away day. Fulham away, half five kick off in May, in the play-offs, to be enjoyed by.... Reading.

I'm in the anyone but Reading camp as well. I don't particularly dislike Reading as a club, they're inoffensive, but they're so dull its unreal. They're a duller Wigan.

Sheff Weds and Huddersfield are a solid pair of aways, out of the two I'd rather Huddersfield though as Wednesday's fans have turned into the biggest irritants going in recent years.

Fulham is a new ground for me though so they're my number one, although if Palace stay up that's six London sides plus Watford next year.

• Subscriber

Here's one then, when's the last time that there were two new clubs come up in the same season in the Premier League era? Will be the case if Huddersfield win the play-offs.

21 minutes ago, Dan said:

Here's one then, when's the last time that there were two new clubs come up in the same season in the Premier League era? Will be the case if Huddersfield win the play-offs.

Did Swansea and Cardiff not come up in the same season?

Edit: Na.

On 2017-5-9 at 0:53 AM, Any O'Brien said:

Did Swansea and Cardiff not come up in the same season?

Edit: Na.

We would have played each other in the play off final that season had we not bottled it against Reading. What a wasted opportunity.

As for who I think will go up, Fulham have been flying recently and of the four who've been down the CCS, Fulham looked the best of them.

I'd like Sheffield Wednesday to go up - huge club that is much bigger than most of the cack littering the lower reaches of the PL. A return would, I'm sure, be welcomed by many neutrals. 

Selfishly, I'd like to keep them down as that means two wonderful Sheffield away days for me. 

I think Wednesday are best equipped for top flight on paper. That all said I do really like this Fulham side. Like everybody else, I'm in The anyone but Reading camp even though i have a lot of time for the job Jaap Stam has done there.

Huddersfield need this the most. They lose Mooy, Palmer and Brown to there parent clubs plus there's 6/7 teams outside the playoffs looking good for next season. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived