talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship Play-offs 2016/2017

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrible to think Fulham were denied tonight and Reading are going to Wembley. They've just been taken over - confirmed mere minutes ago - by new Chinese investors who are willing to pump the club full of funds in a similar vein to Tony Fernandes with QPR... whether Huddersfield or Wednesday make it through either of them just has to win the final.

Fulham will kick themselves. They did the hard work in getting in the playoffs then threw it away by failing to beat an average side in Reading over 180 minutes.

Can't wait to see all those people go to Wembley and 'be a Reading fan for the day' with their face painted and Blue/White chequered flags waving all over the show.

Football is such a cunt sometimes.

• Subscriber

Said for ages Reading will come up. It's exactly how football works. You've got a choice of four and the least popular one goes up. Happened with Hull last year.

They're not a bad side to be fair, thought they look solid over the two legs and out of all the play-off teams they finished 3rd so probably deserve it more.

I fancy Sheffield Wednesday to win tonight and beat them in the final though.

• Administrator

Fulham had their chances yesterday though. so many missed opportunities. gutted for them cos they would have been a far better prospect in the Premier League.

the only positive, and it really is the only one, is that Liam Moore is doing well for Reading by the sounds of it. happy for him he'll get a day at Wembley and may make it in the Premier League. 

Shows how unpredictable the play-offs are, I'd have backed a Sheffield Wednesday vs Fulham final any day of the week.

Hope Huddersfield win the final, be nice to have some more new blood in the PL and they deserve it, despite finishing 5th in the end they're the only team that's really pushed Newcastle & Brighton this season.

I'm gonna be hated on here for this, but I want Reading to go up. Apparently, Jaap Stam is prepared to give Paolo Hurtado a chance who had a good season in Portugal. If he's used right then I can see him doing well in the prem.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived