talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Championship Play-offs 2016/2017

Any of those 4 will be huge misses if they leave.

Wagner might also move on if he ends up with a better offer as well, but as I've said on the other thread this is thoroughly deserved.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

It is some achievement from them though. One of the most impressive promotions of recent years. Possibly even the best since Blackpool in 2010. Fancied by next to no-one in pre-season.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Toony said:

Any of those 4 will be huge misses if they leave.

Wagner might also move on if he ends up with a better offer as well, but as I've said on the other thread this is thoroughly deserved.

Didn't he turn down Wolfsburg last year? I think if they'd stayed down he'd have gone, but now that they've won he'll stay. Just adds to it even more for me. Their fans must be on cloud nine.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

Didn't he turn down Wolfsburg last year? I think if they'd stayed down he'd have gone, but now that they've won he'll stay. Just adds to it even more for me. Their fans must be on cloud nine.

Not sure, he will probably stay but you never know in football. I'm sure I read somewhere that he was going to leave regardless.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Aaroncpfc said:

:bye:

I'd say the two are on a par.

I'll say this though I'll be very surprised if they manage 5 seasons up like you have.

2 minutes ago, Dan said:

I'd say the two are on a par.

I'll say this though I'll be very surprised if they manage 5 seasons up like you have.

I'm surprised myself given we went up with a partnership of Damien Delaney and Peter Ramage.

Blackpool came up with one great player in Charlie Adam and the rest were very average around him (Sheamus Coleman aside who wasn't there player). I think with Hefele, Brown, Kachunga, Wells etc. all around their Charlie Adam in Aaron Mooy they have a little more about them. Just hope for there sake they can keep loanees.

2 minutes ago, Toony said:

Absolute genius line from David Wagner.

'Ian Holloway, good luck next season' after Holloway's prediction of them getting relegated.

He had us down to get relegated too, fair play to him he's taken that on the chin

5 hours ago, Cannabis said:

Stuck a £2 bet on for a laugh which would have returned a fiver had Mooy converted a penalty. Little bottle-job doesn't deserve a move to Manchester City for fucking me over.

What? He did score a penalty and is contracted to Man City.

It's kind of a weird yet nice feeling when teams like Huddersfield get promoted because they seem so small time to be in the premier league, I don't know how rich their owner is but he's gonna have to work very hard to attract some quality to the club. They don't really have to spend big money but it's absolutely crucial they go with quality over quantity and try to bring in 3 or 4 players that can go straight in to the first team and improve on what they already have. Unfortunately though I can't see them finishing any higher than 20th.

Annoying when you look at it and see Huddersfield didn't win a single playoff game to go up and finished the season on a minus goal difference.

Convinced we'd have done better but we totally ballsed it up when it mattered and we've got to live with that as we watch them play top flight football. Good luck to them next season.

Reading and their negative football are here to stay. Bring on the empty seats at the Madjeski Stadium again.

5 hours ago, Lucas said:

Annoying when you look at it and see Huddersfield didn't win a single playoff game to go up and finished the season on a minus goal difference.

Convinced we'd have done better but we totally ballsed it up when it mattered and we've got to live with that as we watch them play top flight football. Good luck to them next season.

Reading and their negative football are here to stay. Bring on the empty seats at the Madjeski Stadium again.

I must say I was surprised by Reading, they offered nothing all game really and seemed happy to take the game to penalties. 

It was a poor game in terms of quality, Huddersfield will need a lot of investment.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived