Join in on the discussion, prediction leagues and competitions today! Sign up takes no longer than 5 minutes.

Sign in to follow this  
football forum

League Two Play-offs 2016/2017

Sunday 14th May, 2017
Blackpool vs Luton, 18.30
Carlisle vs Exeter, 18.30

Thursday 18th May, 2017
Exeter vs Carlisle, 19.45
Luton vs Blackpool, 19.45

Final to be played on Saturday 27th May.

I hope Luton do it. They look like they could hold their own in what will be a very good standard for league one next season.

Being born in Carlisle I'm rooting for them, also planning on going along to their home leg against Exeter.

It's a complete lottery really, as it was in deciding who got these places.

Luton vs Exeter, I reckon. 

Blackpool could upset Luton but Carlisle look like they blew their load in the first half of the season. 

6 hours ago, Smiley Culture said:

Luton vs Exeter, I reckon. 

Blackpool could upset Luton but Carlisle look like they blew their load in the first half of the season. 

They have pulled it out the bag the last two games to seal their play-off place though. They've just beat Exeter too although I don't think that will have any bearing.

Carlisle vs Luton for me.

Think whoever wins the Blackpool vs. Luton the will go up. However, I wouldn't mind seeing Exeter get promoted.

You lot are all Carlisle haters :D 

3 minutes ago, Toony said:

You lot are all Carlisle haters :D 

They sacked Graham Kavanagh so Carlisle can get fucked. :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

They sacked Graham Kavanagh so Carlisle can get fucked. :ph34r:

God he was useless.

Keith Curle doing a decent job, Kavanagh left him a right mess. ¬¬

Four a piece on aggregate between Luton and Blackpool, with ex-O and two time Play-Off Final loser Scott Cuthbert putting Luton 2-1 up.

Exeter lead Carlisle 4-3 on aggregate.

glad one set of play-offs has been exciting xD 

Armand Gnanduillet, another ex-Orient player, scores for Blackpool and makes it 3-2 to Luton but 5-5 on the night. Great game this.

Exeter just scored a last minute winner as well to make it 3-2 on the night and 6-5 on aggregate.

Goalfests. 

end to end in the Luton game. love it. 

Goal Blackpool. wow. 3-3. heartbreak for Luton.

Great endings to both games. Heartbreak for Carlisle and Luton but that's Football and it's great for neutrals.

The League Two playoff Semi's have just smashed the two Championship one's out the park.

Everything about the playoff's encapsulated across both games tonight.

Two thrilling games on Thursday. What exciting endings. 

As much as I hate the donkey lashers, they deserve a lot of credit and I wouldn't begrudge them getting promoted after everything their fans have been through. 

Looking forward to this game. Haven't got much faith in the winner staying up next season mind you.

I think Blackpool will win.

I read somewhere that they haven't sold many tickets so most of the support will be Exeter, that could make a difference I suppose.

Yeah, Blackpool fans have refused to go as a part of their boycott against the Oyston's. I didn't think they'd do this for the final, especially considering their numbers away have been fairly good but I can understand and sympathise with their situation. 

I'm quite undecided as to who I think will win. Blackpool are a good side and I was impressed with them when I saw them at Orient and how they reacted to being behind at Luton but Exeter are an underrated side and could nick this. I wouldn't be surprised to see this go to extra time to be honest. 

Get in there - delighted for Blackpool and well done BST and the fans for the boycott 

It's a massive shame Blackpool won that today, especially for their fans who're guaranteed the Oyston's remain. 

15 minutes ago, Smiley Culture said:

It's a massive shame Blackpool won that today, especially for their fans who're guaranteed the Oyston's remain. 

That's not true at all - this is the last thing the Oyston's wanted - they had their 5 year plan to take the club out the league, this scuppers that. Blackpool fans wanted the team to win today, they just want the Oyston's out too. 

13 minutes ago, Storts said:

That's not true at all - this is the last thing the Oyston's wanted - they had their 5 year plan to take the club out the league, this scuppers that. Blackpool fans wanted the team to win today, they just want the Oyston's out too. 

You've got that the wrong way round. 

The Oyston's are or were convinced that relegation to League Two was just a speed bump in the road back to the Premier League (no, seriously). The club's fans are conflicted from what I know. Obviously it's their club and they want it to be successful but they also want the Oyston's out and to do that, they were hoping the rising costs and lack of income through less fans would drive them out, some even want to see Blackpool lose every game until the Oyston's depart. 

I stand by what I said. It's a crying shame that Blackpool have won that today. 

A very grudging congratulations to Blackpool. They are the experts of getting promoted via the play-offs, I think this is the 5th time that they have done so across the various leagues. There will be a Lancashire mini-league of Blackburn, Blackpool and Fleetwood in League One next season.

Hopefully their off-field problems can be resolved soon and the poisonous Oystons will finally step aside, but that remains to be seen. I hate to see any club, regardless of how much I dislike them, being ruined by useless and despicable owners.