• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea - Saturday 18th January, 2020

football forum

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Lucas said:

I find when you watch Chelsea there is a lot of huff and puff, but painfully missing some quality where it counts.

Abraham isn't the most clinical but you can see his workrate and yet fed on scraps.

I would like to see the stats for Jorginho, sure he does a lot of passes but how many of them are telling passes that split open a defence in games like this?? that's the type of quality we are missing in front of goal, a serious game changer

Just now, Harvsky said:

@Bluewolf can you let us know when Chelsea get here? Our lads have been standing around doing nothing for ages. 

I actually thought we might score a bit earlier but forgot you have defenders in front of the keeper and then some behind him as well just as back up.... seems to work

4 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

No shocks there, pretty much went as expected..

Yeah mate, didn't really care too much when that goal went in. Could see the way the game was going to go after 25 minutes, I'd given up around that point. Just a case of whether Newcastle wanted to go past their halfway line and attack.

Just now, carefreeluke said:

Could see the way the game was going to go after 25 minutes, I'd given up around that point.

You could tell what kind of a game it was going to be for us very early on and like you I remain emotionless at the loss... When we don't click up front we are always going to lose out that's pretty much a given this season... 

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

No shocks there, pretty much went as expected..

Yeah, not really arsed because of it. Teams that set up like that have been our Kryptonite for 3 years now. Sit back and force us wide, and for the chances we do get, hope we aren't clinical. Which has been most cases this season. 

We just aren't at the level to grind out wins against this type of shithousery. Far too much inexperience and lack of quality in the side to break down these types of teams. However, Lampard's continuous misuse of Kante in games he shouldn't be playing and our lack of improvement in defending set pieces need to be rightfully criticised. 

Chelsea look laboured when teams camp and sit back. There is not enough creativity, end of story.

Can see why they need an Isco kind of player. But for me, the width is so disappointing.

You watch Hudson Odoi in a game like that against weak opposition and you think, go and have a go, run at them. Just looked a non entity.

Willian looked equally poor mind. His final ball tonight was gash. 

Newcastle played to their strengths. Sat back, defend and look to nick a goal. Can't fault them given their injuries and general lack of quality to be fair.

Horrible to watch though.

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

It'd be brilliant if we did capitalise on results today. 

Games like that are where I appreciate our away form. We absolutely hammered Newcastle twice.

• The title was changed to Newcastle 1-0 Chelsea - Saturday 18th January, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived