The better place to talk football.

Burnley 2-1 Leicester - Sunday 19th January, 2020

football forum

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Just seen this. Surprised it wasn't given? 

Surely a penalty? Did it get reviewed? If that's been reviewed and not given, then wow. Some hilariously bad officiating in recent weeks. Walcott last week, Pepe yesterday, and this one.

I can't remember if I've touted this conspiracy theory before. I was joking about it at first but now I'm not so sure - the FA and Premier League officials really don't want technology in football in this country, so they're deliberately giving us a season of absolute garbage implementation of VAR so that everyone turns completely against it and it gets scrapped for the long term. They've already got people singing Fuck VAR up and down the country. Apparently Wolves fans were doing so yesterday when their own team was awarded a penalty from a VAR review. It seems insane but I'm increasingly getting behind this theory as it seems more likely than the 'best officials' in this country being as incompetent as they appear to be.

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Surely a penalty? Did it get reviewed? If that's been reviewed and not given, then wow. Some hilariously bad officiating in recent weeks. Walcott last week, Pepe yesterday, and this one.

I can't remember if I've touted this conspiracy theory before. I was joking about it at first but now I'm not so sure - the FA and Premier League officials really don't want technology in football in this country, so they're deliberately giving us a season of absolute garbage implementation of VAR so that everyone turns completely against it and it gets scrapped for the long term. They've already got people singing Fuck VAR up and down the country. Apparently Wolves fans were doing so yesterday when their own team was awarded a penalty from a VAR review. It seems insane but I'm increasingly getting behind this theory as it seems more likely than the 'best officials' in this country being as incompetent as they appear to be.

No idea mate. Haven't seen the game and just seen it on Twitter 

18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Penalty given in the Forest Luton game today for exactly the same thing. Very odd.

It's quite obviously deliberate handball. Clear intention to block the ball with his arm?! 

This is gonna be a big fat conspiracy theory, but I get the hunch the 4-0 defeat against Liverpool really hurt them. They had hopes to fight for the title before that, but after that reality slap I feel they have been demoralized. Of course there is still the prize of top 4, but it might take a while to get back into motivation.

Well aware there's little proof of this, but that's my own hunch.

• Subscriber

Too many individual poor performances again cost us. I don't think we should've lost that but there are some worrying trends in this side at the minute. It's a good job the others are struggling just as much and we've already built such a lead up.

Maddison is winding me up again. I'm fed up of this constant going down and not getting on with the game when it's actually costing us - goes down, doesn't get free kick, spends time on the floor moping about it rather than getting back up and on with it. Rodgers said when he first came here he doesn't want players who do specifically this - Maddison needs to get a grip here, it's actually becoming detrimental.

Vardy had a shocker. Thought his run for the Barnes goal was clever but if he turns up today, we probably win that game. I didn't fancy him to score that penalty at all. Think he's in real danger of not winning the golden boot.

Perez just isn't good enough. Not as a winger. I don't care if he played there for Newcastle. I've seen enough - it's not good enough. He's also guilty of what Maddison keeps doing.

Ndidi really is the glue that holds this team together. It's reminding me almost of Kante. We're conceding some pathetic goals lately and I can't believe the two aren't linked.

I worry about this team's mentality. We don't deal with adversity well enough for my liking. That was 3 points there for the taking and we've thrown the lot of them away. Burnley were utter shit.

We'll make the top 4 but it'll be by default of the others being no good, at the rate it's going. To be honest I've never seen the league this utterly abject.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Cicero said:

No one wants top 4

We'll both get it by default. The others just won't pick points up at a rate to catch up.

I actually think we're in a bit of danger though if we don't beat West Ham. It's entirely plausible we don't win again until March.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Stan said:

Just seen this. Surprised it wasn't given? 

Horrendous. Actually totally agree with @RandoEFC's theory as well. There's simply no way qualified referees can be doing this by accident. It's either corruption or a deliberate ploy to turn fans on VAR.

Our goal shouldn't have counted either. I thought at the time it wouldn't but it did - having seen it back it was a foul from Praet, it shouldn't stand.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Leicester have no Europe to worry about either so this inconsistency is worrying. 

Honestly, a big part of me can't escape this idea that Vardy's exceptional form has propped us up and papered over a lot of cracks. Other than a run of about 5 games around November time we've not actually played that amazingly really.

• Administrator

It's mad we can go through such shit form and still be 3rd, have a large gap to 5th/6th and be in distance of still getting 2nd xD 

I do wonder if the squad have just become complacent and started resting on their laurels. Shouldn't be the case as professionals though and they need their arses kicking in to gear.

West Ham won't be easy on Wednesday.

We really need Ndidi back.

• Subscriber

It's a few things at once. To be totally fair, today I don't know how we've managed to lose that. Biggest 3 points thrown away of the season I can remember. At least Southampton you can say deserved it. Burnley were just awful in every department, they must be pissing themselves at the fact they've won that.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived