Leicester - 37 wins

Top Goalscorers
Burnley - Chris Wood (8)
Leicester - Jamie Vardy (17)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

They're missing Barnes which is encouraging for us and perhaps may also miss Wood who is 100% guaranteed to score if he does play.

Reckon Hoping we can come away with a win to get us out of this slump we've been in for the past month. Another period of games coming thick and fast again starting on Sunday - 5 games in 13 days so could and will get hectic again. Will have to make use of our squad again throughout but hearing Ndidi may be back for the 2nd leg against Villa.

Think we'll line-up like this for this game though:

Schmeichel

Pereira - Soyuncu - Evans - Chilwell

Choudhury 

Tielemans - Maddison

Albrighton - Vardy - Barnes

Because of how similarly poor they've been recently I'm torn on whether to play Perez/Barnes/Albrighton/Gray.

Chosen Albrighton just about purely because he's got the run-your-feet-into-the-ground attitude which is needed for this kind of game. 

Really hoping Tielemans can get his ass in to gear as well. He's had his period of rest after a busy period where form has dropped but now would be a great time for him to start performing again.

• Subscriber

Mendy's not really let us down this season when called upon and Choudhury, much as I've praised him was awful against Southampton to be honest. We really don't cope without Ndidi very well. Thankfully he's back soon.

Tielemans missing out again is interesting but I get it. Praet didn't deserve dropping, he was the pick of our side last week. Maddison's not the sort I'd drop either, to be honest Tielemans isn't either but he's been in such dire form he needed a few games out.

Chilwell likewise just needed dropping. I agree with playing Fuchs.

Front three is the best we have really but it doesn't fill me with confidence. Looks increasingly like we won't be adding this month so we'll have to persist with Barnes, although he's really struggling. Much as I think Gray's looked a bit better this season he still never seems to play well when he starts and he ultimately just doesn't produce enough. Barnes' lack of goals is a real problem though. Was a year ago we recalled him from West Brom and if someone had told me that in the next year he'd only score 2 in 36 I'd be very disappointed to be honest.

It's a shame we can't get Iheanacho in. I never thought I'd be saying that two months ago.

• Administrator

Fair enough. Not too dissimilar really.

It's still a capable squad that should be getting a result. Can appreciate Rodgers taking Chilwell out of the spotlight given the criticism.

• Subscriber

We won't get it but every time I think Man City will pull away they just don't seem to, and drop a clanger like that today.

We should win this but I wouldn't be shocked if it was a draw. Would be extremely disappointed to lose.

6 minutes ago, Dan said:

We won't get it but every time I think Man City will pull away they just don't seem to, and drop a clanger like that today.

We should win this but I wouldn't be shocked if it was a draw. Would be extremely disappointed to lose.

Sounds glib, but the key to playing Manchester City is do not be overawed. Take it as a game you can win like any other. Obviously if they're at their best they will win but most teams aren't at their best for most games of a season, look at Liverpool, only turn it on now and again but when theh don't, result still a win. Take them on and you may well get something. I think they'll drop more points this season. Rodgers should certainly be telling your lot thst second is achievable and although second is not first it would still be incredibly given the quality of the two teams you're around. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Sounds glib, but the key to playing Manchester City is do not be overawed. Take it as a game you can win like any other. Obviously if they're at their best they will win but most teams aren't at their best for most games of a season, look at Liverpool, only turn it on now and again but when theh don't, result still a win. Take them on and you may well get something. I think they'll drop more points this season. Rodgers should certainly be telling your lot thst second is achievable and although second is not first it would still be incredibly given the quality of the two teams you're around. 

I completely agree and yet I felt in both the games aganst them and Liverpool we were exactly that - overawed, almost scared, and we've not really looked the same ever since. We went ahead at Manchester City and there was no point during the game that I thought we'd get anything.

To be fair to us, the fact we're even this close to Man City at this point is a huge step forward after coming 9th in the last two seasons. If we finish in the top 4 this season it's a huge step forward, if we finish above Man City it's quite remarkable to be honest.

• Subscriber

I've never liked Rodgers but you have to credit him for getting almost a full good 12 months out of New Manager Bounce FC.

Vardy's missed penalty today will be the start of his usual 2 goals in 15 games run which coincides with stories of dressing room unrest. Next thing you know Rodgers is gone by the end of the season, someone else comes in and Vardy turns back into the best striker in the world in the blink of an eye until he gets bored of that guy too.

:ph34r: (mostly)

10 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ugh what is wrong with us. 

See below... 

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I've never liked Rodgers but you have to credit him for getting almost a full good 12 months out of New Manager Bounce FC.

The honeymoon period is over... just out of curiosity have they awarded him a 7 year got carried away with a handful of results extension to his contract yet?? 

• Administrator

Annoying we've lost that given how results went yesterday. Another missed chance to extend the gap. Frustrating run of form we're on that we need to snap out of sharpish. 

• Administrator
Just now, Bluewolf said:

See below... 

The honeymoon period is over... just out of curiosity have they awarded him a 7 year got carried away with a handful of results extension to his contract yet?? 

Yeah that happened sometime last year. 

Not 7 years obviously but it came at a time when Arsenal were sniffing around. Nothing wrong with giving him a new contract given his impression he made and where we were.

We're just being sussed out and it's very annoying that we could cement top 4 and it's a missed opportunity. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Not 7 years obviously but it came at a time when Arsenal were sniffing around.

What was it then... bet it was no less than 5

These clubs never learn do they, get a good run of results then rush in with a much bigger contract than they have really earned then spend the next 2 or 3 years wallowing around 7th - 10th and then let them go.. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived