talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Man Utd - Sunday 19th January, 2020

football forum

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Rightly or wrongly, any contact on the keeper like that gets called as a foul and has been for about 10 years now. I don't know why anyone's surprised. For what it's worth I think that's a foul. You can't go wiping out the goalkeeper in midair.

This is the correct answer. The six yard box is there to protect the goalkeeper to a certain extend. And he would have easily gotten the ball if van Dijk didn't jump into him. 

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

It’s been good for my VAR bingo though. I just need ‘wet wipes’ and ‘snowflake’ for a full house.

You're not a wet wipe Phil. You are just one of a very small amount of people in a ground full of people chanting "fuck VAR", waving your little pro VAR flag alongside Stan. 

25 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Rightly or wrongly, any contact on the keeper like that gets called as a foul and has been for about 10 years now. I don't know why anyone's surprised. For what it's worth I think that's a foul. You can't go wiping out the goalkeeper in midair.

Apart from Everton at Old Trafford :ph34r:

Just now, LFCMike said:

Exactly this. 

Van Dijk jumps, doesn’t touch DeGea with his arms. He obviously collides but I guess the rule is you’re not allowed to challenge for the ball against the (weak as piss cunt) goalkeeper. 

Also, Patrice is either a master WUM or a deluded twat. I’ll go with the latter. 

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

We were lucky to get that one I think but De Gea made it easier for the officials to rule against him on that occasion because he already turned his back and waved a single fist at the cross because he was too much of a pussy to take the hit and win a foul from our attackers.

They've just shown more replays at half time, its softer than I initially thought but Van Dijk still makes a decent impact on De Gea's chest/shoulder area while De Gea is in midair and has no opportunity to hold his ground. The way the game is now that's always going to be a foul.

Just now, Rick said:

Exactly this. 

Van Dijk jumps, doesn’t touch DeGea with his arms. He obviously collides but I guess the rule is you’re not allowed to challenge for the ball against the (weak as piss cunt) goalkeeper. 

Also, Patrice is either a master WUM or a deluded twat. I’ll go with the latter. 

Evra basically saying that it was the correct decision because VVD 'touched' DDG... as if that isnt allowed xD

If that's the case then every single goal scored directly from a corner should be chalked off.

The games gone mad it really has.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived