• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Man Utd - Sunday 19th January, 2020

football forum

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Liverpool would have buried these by now if it wasn't United. Probably still win though. As jammy as Man Utd have been in this fixture, they're carrying minimal threat without Rashford and probably won't get a better chance than that Martial miss.

• Subscriber

Thoroughly enjoyable game to be fair. Think United have done pretty well all things considered. Really poor on that goal by De Gea.

Carragher really shouldn't be allowed in the commentary box for Liverpool games though.

• Subscriber

While we left it to the last minute (literally) I think we deserved the win here. So much better at the start of both halves and just unlucky on the disallowed goal and the offside. Salah has another notch in the belt, United lost and we're now 16 clear of second place with a game in hand. Super weekend this has turned out to be.

6 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Can’t wait for Solkjaers excuses. Could have been different I suppose with McTominay, Pogba and Rashford. It was like being a man down for 73 minutes with Peirera on.

You played better this time at Anfield compared to the last time when you came round with Mourinho imo.

It wasn’t a great performance, but I think there’s a few positives tbh. Pretty good defensively considering there was no midfield support for your defense so your defense was constantly under pressure for long spells. And still managed to have players get stuck in enough to force mistakes and make chances.

I think United were better than I expected them to be when I saw that XI. Pretty much stayed in it all match even after being under pressure for long spells, up until that last minute second goal that let Liverpool fans unclench.

• Subscriber

As much as we mock the trust the process comment I do think United have plenty of players there who would be really good with a couple more years of experience and good coaching. Whether they'll get the latter under Solskjaer, that's another debate, but the raw talent is there in terms of the makings of a good team. Losing Rashford for most of the rest of the season is a huge blow though.

• Subscriber

It's always the same, Chelsea lose and we have a chance of catching them up for the 4th spot but we always seem to lose the next game, I heard that Fred played a good game as I was only keeping track of the score, it makes a change if Fred did.

Our bloody m/f needs sorting out but Woody could not even pick his fucking nose let alone get us a decent mid-fielder, and knowing Ole if we did get one he would more than likely play him in goal. O.o

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

It's always the same, Chelsea lose and we have a chance of catching them up for the 4th spot but we always seem to lose the next game, I heard that Fred played a good game as I was only keeping track of the score, it makes a change if Fred did.

Our bloody m/f needs sorting out but Woody could not even pick his fucking nose let alone get us a decent mid-fielder, and knowing Ole if we did get one he would more than likely play him in goal. O.o

Think he did okay but good game would be stretching it. He did, however, get stuck in some challenges. Brandon Williams is one for your future I think the guy is a very good defender and with time and the right coaching he'll become an integral part of your setup.

• Subscriber
19 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Just winds me uo with this stupid comments. Worst pundit by far. 

He's alright as an analyst in the studio but insufferable in the commentary box. He can't hide his bias, and I can't blame him for being passionate about his club, but Gary Neville is as passionate about Man Utd and he manages just fine commentating on their games.

I don't know if it's him being biased and being unable to hide his joy when Liverpool get a late goal or something, or whether it's just his excited commentary voice (though I can't remember hearing it during non-Liverpool games), but when he starts screeching in that high pitched voice it really is jarring.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived