talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool 2-0 Man Utd - Sunday 19th January, 2020

football forum

1 hour ago, DeadLinesman said:

Can’t wait for Solkjaers excuses. Could have been different I suppose with McTominay, Pogba and Rashford. It was like being a man down for 73 minutes with Peirera on.

Liverpool just rely on long balls and set pieces apparently. Not like they're carving you open according to Solskjaer. Roy Keane in the studio 'Liverpool carved United open a number of times' or words to that effect. Maybe he should tell his deluded mate

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LFCMike said:

Liverpool just rely on long balls and set pieces apparently. Not like they're carving you open according to Solskjaer. Roy Keane in the studio 'Liverpool carved United open a number of times' or words to that effect. Maybe he should tell his deluded mate

His excuses are like his tactics. Shite.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

As much as we mock the trust the process comment I do think United have plenty of players there who would be really good with a couple more years of experience and good coaching. Whether they'll get the latter under Solskjaer, that's another debate, but the raw talent is there in terms of the makings of a good team. Losing Rashford for most of the rest of the season is a huge blow though.

There's a lot of gash in the team.

United essentially have to hope for a combination of good recruitment and Inter Milan continuing to pick off their deadwood. Have they still not appointed a director of football?

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

What's so funny about this?

Nothing Stan, in fact Allison running the full length of the pitch to celebrate with the man he assisted a goal to, should have been ruled out by VAR. 

Obviously not perfect or in the spirit of the game for some.

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Nothing Stan, in fact Allison running the full length of the pitch to celebrate with the man he assisted a goal to, should have been ruled out by VAR. 

Obviously not perfect or in the spirit of the game for some.

What?

Not saying it's a bad or wrong thing to do, I just don't get what's 'funny' about it xD 

It's great to see.

• Subscriber
43 minutes ago, Cicero said:

There's a lot of gash in the team.

United essentially have to hope for a combination of good recruitment and Inter Milan continuing to pick off their deadwood. Have they still not appointed a director of football?

Yes they'll never make anything of it until Woodward is completely removed from anything to do with the footballing side of operations, and they employ someone to oversee a 5+ year plan regardless of managerial changes.

And yeah, you're not going anywhere fast if Matic, Shaw, Lindelof, even De Gea are still anywhere near the side. I'm not fully sold on Pereira, McTominay or even Maguire but you could turn Wan Bissaka, Rashford, Martial, Daniel James, Brandon Williams into the core of a decent team with the right strategy. Some of them dont get the credit they deserve at times because people are too busy laughing at United (which absolutely has to remain the priority, don't get me wrong).

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Clearly a foul. Van Dijk hit De Gea's left arm, in the six yard box no less. Otherwise it would have been an easy catch for De Gea. 

Honestly for me this was our decision making from de gea and similar enough to when keepers flail at a corner.

5 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Didn’t look like a foul to me. De Gea just weak as piss.

I thought he should have been doing more to make sure he got something on it. Trying to catch it is risky in that situation.

5 hours ago, Rick said:

Clearly the rules are now you can’t go for a header it it’s against the goalkeeper. Basically they are now untouchable. Shameful from whichever cunt is in the VAR box. 

Utd lucky not to have more players on cards after the way they acted too. 

This moment had done of the worst surrounding of a referee I remember seeing in quite a while. 2010 Chelsea would have been proud.

4 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Thoroughly enjoyable game to be fair. Think United have done pretty well all things considered. Really poor on that goal by De Gea.

Carragher really shouldn't be allowed in the commentary box for Liverpool games though.

Definitely better than previous games. A welcome change. Fair play to Ole for having a decent crack albeit with limited tools available at his disposal.

Though I do wish Firminos goal had counted and that De Gea didn't get a fingertip to that cracking left foot strike from Hendo to make it a more convincing 3 or 4 nil.

Still, in a week where we play United and City played palace it's excellent to have come out of that two points further ahead.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived