talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - Saturday 18th January, 2020

football forum

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Fernandinho made my day.

That’s a blatant pen. All VAR has really managed to do this season is highlight how bad our referees really are

I'm actually a big advocate for VAR, but it's been horrendously dealt with by our officials this season. It's honestly just been a massive waste of time. 

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Screenshot_20200118-170927_FotMob.thumb.jpg.88e0dde8c9432ab1e6a3701b85b1a61d.jpg

And people think Aguero is slowing down! Still under appreciated for me. I think when he's gone and you look back at his career people will realise he has to be up there with any other Premier League player for absolute class in his position.

Bournemouth seem to be absolutely fucked. Seems the way the wind is blowing, not many people left who would miss them. I've been in that boat for a few seasons, mainly because of their ground being such a bogey one for us.

City, really poor from them to lose 2 points in that manner.

Brighton are real dark horses to be sucked into that relegation battle in my opinion.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Is this a first time that a yellow has been overturned to a red after reviewing the monitor for the foul in the Norwich game? If so, its finally good that they are using the monitors.

Happened in the FA Cup. Michael Oliver in the Palace vs Derby game I think.

Possibly first time it's happened in the league...

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Stan said:

Happened in the FA Cup. Michael Oliver in the Palace vs Derby game I think.

Possibly first time it's happened in the league...

When they did the switch in-game to show the foul (horrible watch btw) they said something on the lines of "historic moment". Its good that the refs are finally using the tech the way it was meant to be used in any event.

I never once thought we would get thrashed today. The only time I thought we would have been beaten was when the second goal went in. It's been a pretty surreal season.

Gary Cahill has been the signing of the summer as far as I'm concerned. His impact on a free has quite frankly been phenomneal. Its even more impressive when you think nobody expected it.

Oh and Roy performing a tactical masterclass over Pep again.... xDxDxD

• Subscriber

Bournemouth are actually going aren't they?

2 goals in 9 games. Truly terrible for a team that's been renowned for a while for being easy on the eye going forward but shoddy at the back.

8 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I never once thought we would get thrashed today. The only time I thought we would have been beaten was when the second goal went in. It's been a pretty surreal season.

Gary Cahill has been the signing of the summer as far as I'm concerned. His impact on a free has quite frankly been phenomneal. Its even more impressive when you think nobody expected it.

I feel bad for any time I’ve felt negative thoughts about Roy being our manager - even though he probably should have never been our manager, he’s always said he loved being our manager and since he’s left us I’m pretty sure no other manager has gotten the results from out of the club to help us wins a title like Roy.

God bless the man. Seeing him do well with his boyhood club just makes me think, go on Roy - get Palace in the CL. It’s possible this year

10 hours ago, Dan said:

There's no way that isn't a penalty. Astounding that with VAR they still can't get that right. Amateurish.

Couldn't agree more. That's as clear cut a penalty as you'll ever see. 

So that's a VAR fail, but seriously that's also an obvious penalty that no field referee should miss. How the fuck does he not give that?

13 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

Should teams be allowed to score if they don't have at least 50% possession :what:  ..a simple check with VAR would determine if a team had done enough work to be awarded a goal or not 

3 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Should teams be allowed to score if they don't have at least 50% possession :what:  ..a simple check with VAR would determine if a team had done enough work to be awarded a goal or not 

You should be deducted points for having a lot of possession and not scoring

4 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

I think they should award the same amount of points as you have shots on target... We would have got 4 and them thieving magpies would have only got 2 which would have been a fair reflection of the days events.. I reckon we should get a petition up 

20 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I think they should award the same amount of points as you have shots on target... We would have got 4 and them thieving magpies would have only got 2 which would have been a fair reflection of the days events.. I reckon we should get a petition up 

I'll vote for it with one amendment. An independent panel made up of Shearer and Shola Ameobi decide whether any shots on target should be ruled out :ph34r:

• The topic was unpinned

Archived