LMS League 2019-20 Round 5 (Ligue 1)

football forum

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Results - Gameweek Two

Casualties (3)

It wasn't a good week to stray from the pack this week as all three of this week's losers were the only ones to go for their respective teams. @Viva la FCB took the most resounding beating this weekend as Angers were thumped 4-1 at home to Stade de Reims. @nudge was also sidelined on Saturday evening as a double dismissal for Bakayoko and Gelson Martins left Monaco with 9 men for 60 minutes in their 3-1 defeat at Nimes. The weekend concluded with @Azeem getting booted out. His pick of Saint Etienne could only manage a late consolation goal in their 3-1 defeat away to Metz.

Each of you depart this round with a solitary point to your name. Watch your notifications for the beginning of Round Six in a few weeks' time.

Survivors (10)

It was a week to play things safe with a difficult set of fixtures to pick from this weekend. There was still some room for creativity though, @Stan and @Dan sneaking through by the skin of their teeth on Friday evening as Rennes struck twice in injury time to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat against Nantes. The Leicester-supporting duo are the only players to make it into Gameweek Three with their PSG card in their back pocket as all eight of the other surviving contenders clung to the comfortable bosom of the French champions to secure their place in the next phase. There were some pre-match nerves in the ranks of @Lucas, @Eco, @Tommy, @Michael, @Bluewolf, @RandoEFC, @DeadLinesman and @Mel81x but an early red card for visiting Montpellier allowed Neymar and co to canter to a comfortable 5-0 win at home.

All of you now have two points on the board and live to fight another day. Please move on to the fixture list for Gameweek Three.

Preview - Gameweek Three

Please be aware that this week's fixtures take place on Tuesday and Wednesday, and that there is another set of fixtures starting on Friday. If you don't get online in time to make a pick before Tuesday's kick offs you can still choose a team from Wednesday's games as long as you do so before kick off.

Lille vs Rennes

Monaco vs Angers

Nantes vs PSG

Brest vs Bordeaux

Lyon vs Amiens

Montpellier vs Metz

Nimes vs Dijon

Reims vs Nice

Toulouse vs Strasbourg

Saint-Etienne vs Marseille

Good luck! My pick for Gameweek Three is Lyon.

Montpellier

I will choose Montpellier. They got crushed 5-0 by PSG, but they should be too strong for Metz. Metz are actually on form, but I am hoping that Montpellier's better players overcome them. Monaco was the other team I considered picking, but I trust them less than Montpellier.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

Screenshot_20200205-200216_Excel.thumb.jpg.d1d8fb0a0a8ec446d8eaf1585caf110c.jpg

Lol.

What the fuck am I supposed to do if Marseille don't win? 😂

Either

We all get the max points possible as we all made it to the last round

OR

We all get given another chance for the next round of games given how shite we Ligue 1 was this game-week. But this would defeat the point of LMS as we all fell at this hurdle...

Archived