• Rucksanfranzose
    • Relling
  2. 2. Nudge vs Rucksanfranzose

• Nudge
    • Rucksanfranzose
  3. 3. Nudge vs Relling

• Nudge
    • Relling

*If you are not interested in participating, go to the Members World Cup Thread and confirm your opting out*.

Group 1

Nudge

Rucksanfranzose

Relling

TLR

In this group, we 3 Europeans and one Islander. Ya know, brexit and shit. 3 of them are involved in German football but only one is actually full blooded German (to my knowledge).

Get voting!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, tlr said:

Please leave me out if all of this, never asked to be part of it and have no interest in an online popularity contest. Ta.

To all the people reacting to this (not gonna lie, it does trigger me xD) as long as we don't make this a "competition" then it's really all harmless fun. I hid the voters in that case so we don't have to see who likes who. 

Last time we did this, no one was hurt because it was done right. If it gets out of hand we can end it early :)  Don't let the "popularity contest" put you off. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Vader said:

To all the people reacting to this (not gonna lie, it does trigger me xD) as long as we don't make this a "competition" then it's really all harmless fun. I hid the voters in that case so we don't have to see who likes who. 

Last time we did this, no one was hurt because it was done right. If it gets out of hand we can end it early :)  Don't let the "popularity contest" put you off. 

That's what it is though, whether people can see voters names or not. If it's not a competition what is it? No matter how much you dress it up it simply is that xD 

Just now, Stan said:

That's what it is though, whether people can see voters names or not. If it's not a competition what is it? No matter how much you dress it up it simply is that xD 

I said in the original thread that this is a popularity contest, but I'm not starting it to determine who is the most popular and why. I'm just doing this shit for fun :) 

If you simply take it as harmless fun rather than some cringy popularity contest, then I don't see any problem.

I'm not sure on what basis this can be anything but a popularity contest, it literally takes two random people and you to take a side, but there we are.

I don't have a problem with whatever games or topics get put on here, this included, I just took exception to being included completely at random, as pleasant as it is to be considered. I try my best to keep a low profile on here, I just want to browse and drop occasional sarcastic Blackburn Rovers comments. That's it. 

Just now, tlr said:

I'm not sure on what basis this can be anything but a popularity contest, it literally takes two random people and you to take a side, but there we are.

I don't have a problem with whatever games or topics get put on here, this included, I just took exception to being included completely at random, as pleasant as it is to be considered. I try my best to keep a low profile on here, I just want to browse and drop occasional sarcastic Blackburn Rovers comments. That's it. 

I don't have any problem with you not taking part in this at all. I said I would happily remove you if you asked for it.

I just think people should take this as harmless fun and not a "cringy" popularity contest. The key word is "cringy". Who cares if you participate or not. Nobody will judge. We're all adults and don't take ourselves so seriously, regardless of who wins or not.

If people don't want to take part, that's up to them and I will remove them without hesitation, but I just don't like the way people are treating this as if it's something malicious when it really isn't.

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Not malicious.

Just really don't see the point.

Well you can prevent it from happening by opting out :)

I personally started this just for fun and a way to spice things up and add more activity. Like I said, if you just ignore the "popularity contest" part of it, then I'm sure it'll be a bit of fun., I only started 2 groups though to let things play out so let's see what happens.

• The topic was locked

Archived