• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Preolimpico CONMEBOL

football forum

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, El Profesor said:

1-0 Brazil. Paulinho after a Bruno Guimarães assist. Bruno is so good, man. 

Bruno has been great. Paulinho has been doing whatever he wants but poor decision making.

Meanwhile we have been garbage. Nobby Solano went out for a draw and botched the tactical side completely. The CB's are confused as anything and don't know where to go or who to mark. Olivares isn't marking the Brazilian defenders to not allow them to exit their half. Only two I thought had a good half were new Fluminense signing Fernando Pacheco and Gianfranco Chavez.

Jairo Concha better come on. Kluiverth Aguilar also needs to see a couple of minutes.

Great second half performance. I'm surprised how poor Marcos Lopez looked. Dylan Caro came on and put him to shame. Looked way better. Pacheco proving a point about why he went to Fluminense. Meanwhile, Gianfranco Chavez is so mature as a defender for his age.

11 hours ago, Vader said:

Great second half performance. I'm surprised how poor Marcos Lopez looked. Dylan Caro came on and put him to shame. Looked way better. Pacheco proving a point about why he went to Fluminense. Meanwhile, Gianfranco Chavez is so mature as a defender for his age.

Hard to understand why Peru was so reactive in the 1st half. Had they played the entire match like they did the 1st half, perhaps they could've get a point or even win the match. 

Pacheco had a really good performance. Looking forward to see watch his development at Fluminense.

3 hours ago, El Profesor said:

Hard to understand why Peru was so reactive in the 1st half. Had they played the entire match like they did the 1st half, perhaps they could've get a point or even win the match. 

Pacheco had a really good performance. Looking forward to see watch his development at Fluminense.

Pacheco’s a weird one. He was a top talent in his youth days but couldn’t make a transition to the top flight. He just made too many poor decisions in the final third that he was eventually benched. This season he got another chance and same thing. It came as a shock that he left to Fluminense for 1.5 million. However, I get the idea that the problem here is coaching. Abram, Flores and Ruidiaz for example have been way better abroad than they were in Peru. So I have faith in Pacheco in that sense.

If I were to recommend a Peruvian in this tournament to watch, it would be Gianfranco Chavez. He is so unbelievably mature as a defender for his age. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bad game from him. 

Ecuador lost 4-0 to Colombia yesterday, though they were missing Leonardo Campana so he can sign for Wolverhampton Wanderers. Still, I think this Ecuador side are a bluff. They've not shown anything since the U20 World Cup.

Chile also beat Venezuela 1-0.

Bolivia doing well. They have a lot of the ball but they have no improvisation and are struggling to break down Uruguay's defence.

Diego Rossi hasn't shown up a lot yet for Uruguay. Ronaldo Sanchez has been decent for the Bolivians.

We robbed Paraguay. Went down 2-0 in the first 15 minutes, then 2 goalkeeper blunders in the second half sees us come back to draw it 2-2. Finally, Arzamendia heads the ball into his own net and scores our winning goal.

To make things more sour for Paraguay, they scored a goal in the last minute that was wrongly ruled out for offside. Clearly onside to me, but we'll take it and run.

Horrible game from Peru but won it by pure spirit.

Best players so far from each team

Argentina: Nicolas Capaldo, Nehuen Perez

Bolivia: Henry Vaca, Ronaldo Sanchez, Roberto Carlos Fernandez

Ecuador: Leonardo Campana

Paraguay: Sergio Diaz

Uruguay: Diego Rossi, Federico Viñas

Colombia: Jorge Carrascal

Brazil: Bruno Guimaraes, Paulinho, Robson Bambu @El Profesor

Venezuela: Yeferson Soteldo, Pablo Bonilla

Peru: Fernando Pacheco, Gianfranco Chavez

Chile: Angelo Araos, Omar Carabali

Archived