• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Luiz has 2 red cards in the PL. 

For Chelsea vs Arsenal.

For Arsenal vs Chelsea. 

Bet he loves this fixture. 

I find it hard to blame him for today's. In fact, to me it feels like the ref's fucked up - aren't there double jeopardy rules to prevent a player from being sent off when they've committed a foul in the box? Or is that only when it's a genuine attempt at getting the ball... and because of where Tammy's body was positioned... there's no real way for Luiz to genuinely go after the ball there without going through Abraham.

Watch the clip of his sending off today, it's actually hilarious. Just a Mustafi moment with that backpass and Luiz tries to cover for his idiot teammate... and after the foul you see Mustafi attempt to clear the ball. Straight into Luiz's head xD

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I find it hard to blame him for today's. In fact, to me it feels like the ref's fucked up - aren't there double jeopardy rules to prevent a player from being sent off when they've committed a foul in the box? Or is that only when it's a genuine attempt at getting the ball... and because of where Tammy's body was positioned... there's no real way for Luiz to genuinely go after the ball there without going through Abraham.

Watch the clip of his sending off today, it's actually hilarious. Just a Mustafi moment with that backpass and Luiz tries to cover for his idiot teammate... and after the foul you see Mustafi attempt to clear the ball. Straight into Luiz's head xD

Has to be genuine attempt to get the ball of which there was not. 

Have seen it and the Mustafi bit is the best bit about it xD

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Couldn’t make it up really. 

Our season in a nutshell

For all our one man advantage and all the possession we have had we have only managed 3 shots on goal and only got a goal through a penalty, our final third performances have killed us just as much as our defensive ones... 

Just now, Stan said:

Has to be genuine attempt to get the ball of which there was not. 

I figured as much - hard to say there could have been a genuine attempt at the ball there with Luiz really unable to get to the ball without going through the back of Tammy. I actually feel a bit bad for Luiz, because what's he supposed to do there? Just let Tammy score? Can understand why he felt the need to make a challenge.

Although I guess in hindsight you can say being a goal down is better than being a goal AND a man down.

I'm glad Arsenal have equalised though - looking at the table, they're not far away from the relegation zone. And while they got a bit of a new manager bump and are playing a bit better than they did under Emery... I still think they've got a lot of big issues in that squad. Would like them to pick up a few more points so they're not a few results away from actually being in the relegation zone with a novice manager.

I feel for Arteta in the summer. He's got a big job on his hands getting rid of deadwood and bringing some life back into this Arsenal squad.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

For all our one man advantage and all the possession we have had we have only managed 3 shots on goal and only got a goal through a penalty, our final third performances have killed us just as much as our defensive ones... 

I heard apparently Arsenal hadn't had a shot on goal before that goal... 

Just now, Vader said:

Florent Malouda is a Champions League winner...

Florent Malouda did impressive stuff at Chelsea and Lyon - it's not like he rode the bench to glory like Mustafi did. I feel like a more apt comparison would be Djimi Traore or Salif Diao (quite possibly one of the worst LFC players I've ever seen) winning the CL. But I'd still rather have Djimi Traore in a defense than Mustafi.

Chelsea look leggy now imo. Which probably means they're about to score, given how the matches have gone today.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Florent Malouda did impressive stuff at Chelsea and Lyon - it's not like he rode the bench to glory like Mustafi did. I feel like a more apt comparison would be Djimi Traore or Salif Diao (quite possibly one of the worst LFC players I've ever seen) winning the CL. But I'd still rather have Djimi Traore in a defense than Mustafi.

Chelsea look leggy now imo. Which probably means they're about to score, given how the matches have gone today.

Yeah, I realized that after I posted it. Showing my age really.

Still, saying Mustafi being a World Cup winner makes international football shite is not a great argument. For me, better to say that the last 2 World Cup winners were Deschamps and Low.

Just now, Vader said:

Yeah, I realized that after I posted it. Showing my age really.

Still, saying Mustafi being a World Cup winner makes international football shite is not a great argument. For me, better to say that the last 2 World Cup winners were Deschamps and Low.

Yeah my comment about Mustafi and the quality of international football was tongue in cheek as fuck mate xD

International football's never going to match the quality of club football imo, just because it's simply not logistically possible for international sides to ever be as well drilled as the best European or South American sides. International sides spend a few days together and then go back to their clubs - at the clubs these players are training week in week out, they know their teammates runs down to a tee, they understand how to move as a squad because they get trained on it week in week out. It's why really conservative tactics tend to work really well in international football - it's hard to get well organised and playing expansive football when you've got a limited amount of time. It's easy to be well organised and stay compact and play park the bus type shite.

2 minutes ago, Stan said:

Also, it doesn't feel like Chelsea have the extra man... 

Yeah, it really doesn't. If anything, Chelsea look the more tired - weirdly.

1 minute ago, Bluewolf said:

So bloody wasteful, 12 corners and we have mustered just one decent effort on goal... 

Seems strange that Lampard's sides don't seem to have as much focus on set pieces as you think they would. He's a man who had some of the best days in his career under Mourinho - you'd think he knows just how important set pieces really are.

• The title was changed to Chelsea 2-2 Arsenal - Tuesday 21st January, 2020
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived