talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea 2-2 Arsenal - Tuesday 21st January, 2020

football forum

• Administrator

So Attwell pauses the game for Xhaka who had cramp but won't do the same for Tammy who has a foot injury and went down? 

I know Chelsea could have kicked it out but inconsistency still applies... 

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah my comment about Mustafi and the quality of international football was tongue in cheek as fuck mate xD

International football's never going to match the quality of club football imo, just because it's simply not logistically possible for international sides to ever be as well drilled as the best European or South American sides. International sides spend a few days together and then go back to their clubs - at the clubs these players are training week in week out, they know their teammates runs down to a tee, they understand how to move as a squad because they get trained on it week in week out. It's why really conservative tactics tend to work really well in international football - it's hard to get well organised and playing expansive football when you've got a limited amount of time. It's easy to be well organised and stay compact and play park the bus type shite.

I only agree that international football will never be the quality of club football. However, I just don't buy that it's not good. If you only watch Europeans who for the most part park the bus and go out for the draw for 90 minutes, then I understand it. And I'm talking about games like England vs Albania which is very one sided and dull, or Romania vs Sweden who have quality but just want to grind out the games.

South America and the best Europeans against each other is good quality football. 

1 minute ago, Vader said:

I only agree that international football will never be the quality of club football. However, I just don't buy that it's not good. If you only watch Europeans who for the most part park the bus and go out for the draw for 90 minutes, then I understand it. And I'm talking about games like England vs Albania which is very one sided and dull, or Romania vs Sweden who have quality but just want to grind out the games.

South America and the best Europeans against each other is good quality football. 

I'll watch international football when it's the only football on. But I'm not going to pretend that I really enjoy it - I only really enjoy it if it's England/Iran doing well in a tournament. Otherwise, I just think it's irritating and I'd prefer to watch Liverpool play instead.

Get in Bellerin!!!

• Administrator
Just now, Mel81x said:

So many questions

1. Why hasn't Tammy hit the ground and taken it to the ref's attention?

2. Why didn't Chelsea put the ball out?

He did. 

No idea! 

• Subscriber
Just now, Stan said:

He did. 

No idea! 

Saw him hobbling around when the ball went back to the half-way line? Either way you're right with your previous post, the ref did it earlier in the game should have done it here too. 

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'll watch international football when it's the only football on. But I'm not going to pretend that I really enjoy it - I only really enjoy it if it's England/Iran doing well in a tournament. Otherwise, I just think it's irritating and I'd prefer to watch Liverpool play instead.

Get in Bellerin!!!

I can understand that, but it's not of low quality depending on who you watch. 

South American qualifiers are very entertaining and of high quality. Europe is getting better with the nations league finally having 2 good teams play each other regularly instead of only at the World Cup or Euros.

I think if you're an Arsenal fan and you've had questions about the character and mentality of your squad, seeing your side come back level twice while being a man down has got to be an encouraging sign. Obviously, it's not as great as if Arteta could immediately turn all of Arsenal's problems around and solve them immediately - but that's unrealistic. It's baby steps, but baby steps in the right direction.

Didn't even bother celebrating the Azpilicueta goal as there was no I way I trusted us to see that out.

Ironically Arsenal's game plan got better when going down to ten men, we seriously struggle against teams that sit deep. Arsenal were much the better team (not by design mind) the moment Luiz got sent off.

We're dross but that's been the case for months now.

So poor and predictable from us all through the back to the final third, such a great positive start to the game as well... totally lacking focus at the back, creativity and calm up front and above all the clinical finishing needed to take what chances do come... hard to believe that we were playing against 10 men.. utterly frustrating once again 

• The title was changed to Chelsea 2-2 Arsenal - Tuesday 21st January, 2020
10 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think if you're an Arsenal fan and you've had questions about the character and mentality of your squad, seeing your side come back level twice while being a man down has got to be an encouraging sign. Obviously, it's not as great as if Arteta could immediately turn all of Arsenal's problems around and solve them immediately - but that's unrealistic. It's baby steps, but baby steps in the right direction.

We've been difficult to beat this season. Which does sound ridiculous but only Liverpool, Man City and Wolves have lost fewer games in the league. The issue is us drawing so many games. Half of our league games after 24 games have been draws.

1 minute ago, 6666 said:

We've been difficult to beat this season. Which does sound ridiculous but only Liverpool, Man City and Wolves have lost fewer games in the league. The issue is us drawing so many games. Half of our league games after 24 games have been draws.

Yeah I saw that before the match - you've got a ridiculous number of draws. That dogshite defending you've been putting up with for the past few years is really hurting you this season.

Going to be a busy summer for Chelsea from what I've seen Saturday and tonight.

Not enough creative spark. They get to the edge of the area, draw a blank and run out of ideas.

Very predictable. It actually wouldn't hurt them to try mix up their play a bit. Abraham looks too isolated to me.

Ludicrous to think they hold a six point cushion to 5th but then, everyone below them are just as bad.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived