Top Goalscorers:
Leicester - Jamie Vardy (17)
West Ham - Sebastian Haller (6)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
15 minutes ago, Dan said:

Zero confidence at all for this. Something well wrong with us.

Yup. In what should be a team we should theoretically be putting away at home, I can only see a negative result here :(

Mad that I feel the same for this fixture as I did last season when Puel was in charge. An expected loss. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Stan said:

Yup. In what should be a team we should theoretically be putting away at home, I can only see a negative result here :(

Mad that I feel the same for this fixture as I did last season when Puel was in charge. An expected loss. 

I've put us to lose 1-2, be either that or 1-1 but I've very low expectations. Confidence is down, performances are off and Moyes is no mug, he won away here with them a couple of years ago - not exactly the same circumstances but he'll set them up defensively and it'll likely work.

We really could do with a nice, comfortable win here, get some confidence and belief back. I feel like the fans don't help either to be honest. The support's been absolutely dreadful this season for a side that's largely done very well - the minute we've come up against any adversity they're on the players backs. Couldn't believe what I was witnessing against Southampton. You'd have thought we were in the bottom three. I get it's frustrating but the mindset is all wrong.

I can just see a disciplined West Ham side playing on all of these things and sucker punching us.

This is another big game too - fail to win this and I think it's totally plausible we don't win again until March. Our February is Chelsea (h), Wolves (a) and Man City (h). With Manchester United and Tottenham both likely to win this midweek too it worries me a bit.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Dan said:

We really could do with a nice, comfortable win here, get some confidence and belief back. I feel like the fans don't help either to be honest. The support's been absolutely dreadful this season for a side that's largely done very well - the minute we've come up against any adversity they're on the players backs. Couldn't believe what I was witnessing against Southampton. You'd have thought we were in the bottom three. I get it's frustrating but the mindset is all wrong.

This is what disappointed me the most. Some of our fans have become ridiculously entitled and sitting around them is soul destroying hearing them moan or groan at the slightest of errors. The fact some fans felt so bad they had to boo was disgusting. The treatment Chilwell gets is totally unjustified as well, in my opinion. Yes he hasn't played well but nowhere near as bad as some fans make out.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, Stan said:

This is what disappointed me the most. Some of our fans have become ridiculously entitled and sitting around them is soul destroying hearing them moan or groan at the slightest of errors. The fact some fans felt so bad they had to boo was disgusting. The treatment Chilwell gets is totally unjustified as well, in my opinion. Yes he hasn't played well but nowhere near as bad as some fans make out.

It's appalling to be honest. I get the whole "they're paid X amount" but in the heat of the moment, what good is it to do that? I'd understand the frustrations a lot more if we were rubbish but we aren't. Makes me laugh as well every time we get a player linked to Arsenal it's "why would they go there, their fans are toxic" totally unaware of the irony.

The Chilwell bit was embarrassing. I've no idea what's gotten into our fanbase in all honesty. Always had our idiots but it's gotten ridiculous.

• Administrator
46 minutes ago, Dan said:

It's appalling to be honest. I get the whole "they're paid X amount" but in the heat of the moment, what good is it to do that? I'd understand the frustrations a lot more if we were rubbish but we aren't. Makes me laugh as well every time we get a player linked to Arsenal it's "why would they go there, their fans are toxic" totally unaware of the irony.

The Chilwell bit was embarrassing. I've no idea what's gotten into our fanbase in all honesty. Always had our idiots but it's gotten ridiculous.

Forgot to mention as well the ironic cheers when Chilwell got the ball in that Saints game. So moronic.

• Subscriber

Sharing's caring.

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell*

Mendy

Tielemans* - Maddison

Perez - Vardy - Barnes

*changes

It's not far off what I'd have gone to be honest but still think Iheanacho's being under-used at this point.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Dan said:

Sharing's caring.

Schmeichel

Ricardo - Evans - Soyuncu - Chilwell*

Mendy

Tielemans* - Maddison

Perez - Vardy - Barnes

*changes

It's not far off what I'd have gone to be honest but still think Iheanacho's being under-used at this point.

In that formation who do you put Kelechi in for though?

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Stan said:

In that formation who do you put Kelechi in for though?

Is precisely the issue. You just can't drop Vardy and I think it's a big risk playing him wide - but saying that do our wide forwards even go that wide anyway? I actually think you could throw him in for Perez. The fact he's left footed as well I think is a factor. We're too predictable because Chilwell's our only left footed starter. Genuinely think this is a subtle problem of ours.

• Administrator

Absolutely battered them. West Ham are doggo. 

What was the ref doing for their penalty?! Looked shite decision but minor in the grand scheme of things. We were amazing. Totally in control from the start and looked back to our best. Could have even won by more than 3 to be honest.

Biggest concern is the Vardy injury. Hopefully not serious. Happy to see Wilf back. 

• The title was changed to Leicester 4-1 West Ham - Wednesday 22nd January, 2020
  • Subscriber

You know when you just sense things are right. I said to my mate about two minutes in we'd win that comfortably. You could just see we had that zip about us, there was so much more energy. Everything that had been missing in recent weeks, that had made me really second guess us of late was back tonight. Don't get me wrong West Ham were truly god awful, Championship side in the making, but we were well on it tonight and what's even better is we largely did it without Vardy too.

Ricardo was amazing.

No goals from our wingers all season at home. 3 in one night. Barnes was predatory. Perez I thought actually had a really subtly good game even before he'd scored - he was very clever with his movement and really helped open West Ham up. Iheanacho actually makes me OK about Vardy missing games at the minute - every single time he plays he plays well. He just seems to have everything he was seemingly lacking.

Even their goal was a joke refereeing decision. Total mauling in truth bar a period where I thought they were somehow going to scab something out of the blue.

• The topic was unpinned
  • Administrator

Carlos Alberto in the house 

Zps5lOT.gif

Jokes aside Ricardo was brilliant last night. My man of the match amongst others who perhaps came close. Perfect performance from him really. 

Archived