• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 21-22nd January, 2020

football forum

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DeadLinesman said:

We’ve certainly not done that, so unsure as to what you’re talking about. You can’t have Peirera, Mata and Martial continually losing the ball if we’re bypassing them.....

The idea that you're some cultured team compared to Burnley is absurd, awful side with nearly zero ideas. Hell of a lot more money though, not sure where the snobbery comes from.

1 minute ago, The Artful Dodger said:

The idea that you're some cultured team compared to Burnley is absurd, awful side with nearly zero ideas. Hell of a lot more money though, not sure where the snobbery comes from.

What snobbery? We get the ball on the floor and still can’t do fuck all. I’m taking the piss out of the style. Is that banned? Are we not allowed to comment anymore? You’re probably not even watching, so I don’t know why I’m even entertaining you tbh. You thought United have been lumping it forward, so that answers a lot for me.

What snobbery? We get the ball on the floor and still can’t do fuck all. I’m taking the piss out of the style. Is that banned? Are we not allowed to comment anymore? You’re probably not even watching, so I don’t know why I’m even entertaining you tbh. You thought United have been lumping it forward, so that answers a lot for me.

Do you? You're hardly Barca are you, you're counter attack merchants, not good enough to play through teams or take it to them, just wait for good sides to come forward and try to exploit it. Cowardly, shit football but you have the right to sneer at Burnley? Their football is a lot more relative to their outlay than yours is. 

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

Do you? You're hardly Barca are you, you're counter attack merchants, not good enough to play through teams or take it to them, just wait for good sides to come forward and try to exploit it. Cowardly, shit football but you have the right to sneer at Burnley? Their football is a lot more relative to their outlay than yours is. 

Again, I’m allowed to comment on whatever the fuck I want. If I want to take the piss out of long ball football, I will. And since when has counter attacking football been cowardly and shit? Since you wanted it to be? I constantly call Uniteds play and standard of football shite. You’d have a point if I constantly fawned over the team, but I don’t. If you want to have a wank over Sean Dyche, be my guest. Not arsed.

10 minutes ago, Vader said:

Harry Maguire is not worth 80M.

I'm not just saying it because of that goal. He is overpriced cos he is English. Van Dijk cost what, 84M if I'm correct? Not much more for a defender completely superior to Maguire.

Big Virgil was cheaper, but I'm fairly certain Woodward's reasoning behind the transfer was: Rio Ferdinand was a record defensive signing in England, he was United's best defender. Virgil Van Dijk was the record defensive signing and is a beast for Liverpool. Clearly what United need to do now to fix their defense is break the defensive transfer record!

I can only assume this is how stupid Woodward is, because he's a man who's overseen United since Ferguson left and he's done a dismal job running the club in the football sense. However, United's share prices have gone up... so there is that.

Again, I’m allowed to comment on whatever the fuck I want. If I want to take the piss out of long ball football, I will. And since when has counter attacking football been cowardly and shit? Since you wanted it to be? I constantly call Uniteds play and standard of football shite. You’d have a point if I constantly fawned over the team, but I don’t. If you want to have a wank over Sean Dyche, be my guest. Not arsed.

Tbh, I've always thought expensive sides that are set up to park the bus have been cowardly. I called Mourinho a coward for years before he was ever the United manager.

But imo, I don't think Solksjaer's a coward - I think he's just out of his depth.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Big Virgil was cheaper, but I'm fairly certain Woodward's reasoning behind the transfer was: Rio Ferdinand was a record defensive signing in England, he was United's best defender. Virgil Van Dijk was the record defensive signing and is a beast for Liverpool. Clearly what United need to do now to fix their defense is break the defensive transfer record!

I can only assume this is how stupid Woodward is, because he's a man who's overseen United since Ferguson left and he's done a dismal job running the club in the football sense. However, United's share prices have gone up... so there is that.

$6 lower than 2018 though apparently......

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbh, I've always thought expensive sides that are set up to park the bus have been cowardly. I called Mourinho a coward for years before he was ever the United manager.

But imo, I don't think Solksjaer's a coward - I think he's just out of his depth.

I can see why it’s an expensive squad, but it’s vastly overpriced and most people know that. United pay a premium and also, they pay embarrassing sums for players just not at that level. Apparently we’ve bid £30million for that Birmingham teenager. Think I’ll cry.

4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Nobody is questioning your right to comment, are they? This isn't a WhatsApp group, it's a public forum so if you post something expect other people to comment upon it.

It's all relative but your style of footy is hardly a massive step up, especially considering how much you've spent. I'm used to the snobbery of the fans of clubs who for some reason think they're superior, but it still surprises me the total lack of awareness. 

You set up to give the other team the initiative and hope they leave space, it's fine to employ that tactic but for the amount you've spent, yes, I'd say it is a bit cowardly. So, considering you were sneering at Burnley for the way they play, I think you should take a look at your own side. You're not easy on the eye either and have not got the excuse of  (relative) poverty.

Nobody is questioning your right to comment, are they? This isn't a WhatsApp group, it's a public forum so if you post something expect other people to comment upon it.

It's all relative but your style of footy is hardly a massive step up, especially considering how much you've spent. I'm used to the snobbery of the fans of clubs who for some reason think they're superior, but it still surprises me the total lack of awareness. 

Again, if I was a snob, I’d be wanking all over United. Which I don’t. Ever. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Parking the bus is the worst strategy in world football. You gift the ball to the opponents and give them double the chances they would get if they went for the attack just for extra shot cover in the box. Not only that but if you concede first, you're screwed without a tactical change.

Attack is the best form of defence. Hold possession and limit the amount of chances your opposition gets while having some of your own at that.

• Subscriber
7 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

I actually think Man Utd have a really good chance of getting top four just because Chelsea are sliding backwards and Leicester might be going that way too. Losing Rashford might fuck them over though.

Lol sorry lads.

Should be cheering Manchester United on now, a spirited comeback to paper over the flaws would give him more time.

Oh trust me, I’d love him to get a 5 year extension. But realistically, he should be gone 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived