talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 21-22nd January, 2020

football forum

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Seems it’s not being fully reported how toxic it actually got last night.....

454F5DCB-BC74-434C-A1AB-9D671747F39D.jpeg

Apparently booed and jeered off at half-time/full-time as well?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Solskjaer coming out today and saying they need big signings. The last thing in his favour is that he's building from the bottom with young players. Throw that out the window and it's hard to make the argument in his favour.

Honestly don't know which way they can go. They need a different manager but what's the point in getting one in while Woodward and the Glazers are still around?

• Subscriber
19 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Getting the shivers about Man United v Burnley tonight, once again Chelsea could only draw with the Gunners last night and we have a chance to catch up a few points by beating Burnley but whenever that happens we lose the next match...gulp.  :shutup:  :dash3:

I hit the nail on the head there 9_9, and Ole coming out with all his normal shite again after...

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer says Manchester United were "not good enough" in their 2-0 home defeat against Burnley.

"The players are giving everything, they have done absolutely fantastic so far this season but they know it wasn't good enough tonight," he said.

"The boys looked mentally tired towards the end, we didn't find that creativity.

He comes out with comments like this after every game we lose, what a load of crap and Gary Neville said we should not sack him but give him time, time for what? when we are staring relegation in the face? the guy need to go now with fucking Woodward tagging behind him.

Darren Fletcher was superb in his analysis. He spoke about how difficult it is coming through as a kid at any club, and how difficult he found it, even though he was surrounded by world class players in a title winning team.

Daniel James hadn’t even had one full season at EPL level before we took him. He was electric those first ten games, now he looks exhausted. Same goes for Greenwood. Instead of complimenting the load, he’s carrying it. You can’t win anything with kids when they’ve got no reliable experienced players behind them. The exception to this is Williams, who I think has a great future. His attitude is superb.

I love Mata, but he was finished in 2014. Lingard is championship level at best, Peirera was a reserve at Valencia and Martial can’t be arsed unless he’s got Rashford doing his running for him. Maguire just isn’t living upto the price tag and looks weighed down by it. AWB is brimming with potential, but stalls in attack because as a whole, it’s clueless with no tactics or movement.

I sat and watched the same 5 yard sideways passes over and over again last night. There’s no creativity. None. It’s 10 players all stood waiting for the others to do something. Fred is left to shoot from 25 yards. He’s got the accuracy of Stevie Wonder and the power of a 5 year old. It’s simply not good enough, top to bottom.

Nothing will change unless you start at the route cause of the problem. The owners. They’ve taken almost $1billion out of the club, whilst employing money men to make football decisions. They’ve spent £600million, but it’s been spent wrong. Can you honestly tell me that’s a £600m squad? We know it is, but in actuality, it’s a myth. Overpriced, over inflated egos that aren’t upto the task. Embarrassing from the ‘worlds biggest club’.

10 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

They were still winning. 

Fair enough. Thinking back to our troubles with Hicks and Gillett and that would have been much more difficult to get people on board if we'd won the Champions League in 2008 and the League in 2009 for example.

Unfortunately for you lot, and I could be wrong here, I think a lot of the people who could be bothered getting involved in proper protests (and not just a few songs in the ground) have already fucked it off long ago

9 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Darren Fletcher was superb in his analysis. He spoke about how difficult it is coming through as a kid at any club, and how difficult he found it, even though he was surrounded by world class players in a title winning team.

Daniel James hadn’t even had one full season at EPL level before we took him. He was electric those first ten games, now he looks exhausted. Same goes for Greenwood. Instead of complimenting the load, he’s carrying it. You can’t win anything with kids when they’ve got no reliable experienced players behind them. The exception to this is Williams, who I think has a great future. His attitude is superb.

I love Mata, but he was finished in 2014. Lingard is championship level at best, Peirera was a reserve at Valencia and Martial can’t be arsed unless he’s got Rashford doing his running for him. Maguire just isn’t living upto the price tag and looks weighed down by it. AWB is brimming with potential, but stalls in attack because as a whole, it’s clueless with no tactics or movement.

I sat and watched the same 5 yard sideways passes over and over again last night. There’s no creativity. None. It’s 10 players all stood waiting for the others to do something. Fred is left to shoot from 25 yards. He’s got the accuracy of Stevie Wonder and the power of a 5 year old. It’s simply not good enough, top to bottom.

Nothing will change unless you start at the route cause of the problem. The owners. They’ve taken almost $1billion out of the club, whilst employing money men to make football decisions. They’ve spent £600million, but it’s been spent wrong. Can you honestly tell me that’s a £600m squad? We know it is, but in actuality, it’s a myth. Overpriced, over inflated egos that aren’t upto the task. Embarrassing from the ‘worlds biggest club’.

I don't think you necessarily need the Glazers out - and I think with how profitable Manchester United are... anyone you get after them will be similarly looking to make some money back off their purchase of one of the most profitable sporting sides out there. And as you say, it's not that they haven't spent money on Manchester United - you've got an expensive squad.

The biggest problem with the Glazers since Ferguson left is that they do have the moneymen making football decisions. And these people have made big and expensive signings without really any thought into the philosophies of the various managers. I also think United were really really really fortunate to enjoy decades of stability under Ferguson - but since the Dark Lord left, there hasn't been that stability... and part of that has been because of bad decisions with hiring a manager. And then those managers make bad decisions, you've had 4 of them so you've had 4 different men with different ideas on how football should be played trying to influence the side in recent years... and I don't think it's surprising your expensive team is so disjoint.

To make things worse (or better, from my perspective) your current manager, who is rightfully a club legend, is just woefully out of his depth as manager of a big club. He's tactically inept and I don't think he's the sort of manager that the most talented stars abroad are going to look at and think "I want to work for this guy, he's special and with him I can do special things." I think they see what most of us see, a guy who's so tactically limited he can only set up a side with one way to play. Then when you inevitably fail against the sides you've been failing to get results against all season, he'll say the same shite he always says - "That wasn't good enough, we just couldn't find the creativity." And maybe some Hodgson-esque attempts at trying to lower the overall expectation of what United should be capable of when they play.

The decision to let Lukaku, a guy who at least could consistently score against the "not big" sides, without properly replacing him has looked to be a big mistake - especially with Rashford, the one player in your squad I think looks like he belongs at a big side, being out for an extended period of time. Pogba's been flirting with leaving, but he and Mata are just about your only creative midfielders and that's not really been addressed. Meanwhile you've got Andreas Pereiera pretending he's a creative player, but most of what he does is running around not really doing a fucking thing... if his name was Andrew Pearson he'd be playing in the Championship. And if Solksjaer was made available to all of the other clubs in England... where exactly do you think he'd end up? Because I'm not even sure Championship sides would want someone of his pedigree. I don't even think Molde would want him back. They did better the first time he left to go to Cardiff. And then they did better once he left to go to Manchester United & won another title.

There's too much dross at the club and at this point, Ed Woodward and anyone that's part of his "team" really ought to be sacked right away so competent people can come in and start making plans for a proper rebuild in the summer.

Archived