• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other Matches - 21-22nd January, 2020

football forum

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Villa take the lead late! @Fairy In Boots this is massive for your survival hopes!

Huge 3 points without a striker. Our striker can play vs Leicester in the cup now and Keenan Davis should also be back fit. Huge 3 points away at Bournemouth and we’re on our way. I’m going to Bournemouth all being well so it will be a horrible trip if we lose

• Administrator
10 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Huge 3 points without a striker. Our striker can play vs Leicester in the cup now and Keenan Davis should also be back fit. Huge 3 points away at Bournemouth and we’re on our way. I’m going to Bournemouth all being well so it will be a horrible trip if we lose

Samatta is definitely scoring the winner. Think we were linked with him in the summer. 

• Administrator
48 minutes ago, Eco said:

Good on for Newcastle, although I ended up not being able to watch it. Someone said Miggy scored the last, but I'm showing that Lejuene scored both? 

Yep was Lejeune. Goalmouth scramble for the 2nd. 

52 minutes ago, Eco said:

Good on for Newcastle, although I ended up not being able to watch it. Someone said Miggy scored the last, but I'm showing that Lejuene scored both? 

I thought it was Almiron, but I think that was wrong because of the confusion of that goalmouth scramble.

Well, after that performance.. Henderson's stock just went up even further. Interesting one for United next season, would they entertain the idea of 300k pw Dea Gea fighting for his position?, doubt it. Hopefully we can just get another loan job.

8 hours ago, Mel81x said:

You know Carlo maybe its not such a good idea to bring up this particular fact when the team you lost to on that night was the local rival of the team you manage? I get the message being conveyed but I can't help but chuckle a little bit.

Another manager absolutely taking the piss out of themxD

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

Don't think Olivier Bernard is to be honest. Think he's just pleased with Newcastle's result

I wasn't talking about him.

I haven't seen a Liverpool fan celebrate a draw this much since you beat West Brom 2-2.

1 minute ago, RandoEFC said:

I wasn't talking about him.

I haven't seen a Liverpool fan celebrate a draw this much since you beat West Brom 2-2.

I've not celebrated anything. Just laughed at others tweets and your manager bringing up Istanbul in his post matchxD

• Subscriber

It's not just Pickford though is it. The attempt by Davies/Holgate to clear the ball was absolutely embarrassing and the much bigger mistake in the lead up to the goal. I'd be ashamed playing Sunday League to defend like that.

I'm not saying Pickford hasn't made a mistake as well but it's very clear once again here just how many people want him (along with every other England goalkeeper in my lifetime) to fail so they'll pin 100% of the blame on him and ignore the incompetence of the ten players in front of him, who allowed a Newcastle player to bring the ball under control at his feet from a set piece where we had every outfielder back defending, with enough time to get a shot away, then reacted too slowly to the rebound to stop them from shooting again.

They're all completely daft idiots. Pickford included, but if he's shite and not good enough for Everton then so are the ten players in front of him. All they had to do even before the free kick was keep the ball from their own kick off for about 30 seconds and that's three points in the bank.

Never been a massive fan of Pickford, just a gobby shite who can do the occasional good kick. Not a dominant keeper and I don't think he is a top notch shot stopper either. I think Southgate should really be looking at Henderson in the run in to the Euros, surely deserves a go. 

• Subscriber
46 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

@RandoEFC Pickford is awful for the first goal though too mate.

But yeah, how they've not managed to keep the ball from the kick off and see it out is astonishing

I genuinely haven't seen a single replay of the first goal so fair enough if that's the one people are on about. In seriousness, it wouldn't surprise me. He's had too many ups and downs since he joined but looking at our squad we've got a load of dead wood that are "the problem" right now. Sadly, players who have been up and down for us in the last few years are in the better half of our squad. 

39 minutes ago, Chaaay AFC said:

Never been a massive fan of Pickford, just a gobby shite who can do the occasional good kick. Not a dominant keeper and I don't think he is a top notch shot stopper either. I think Southgate should really be looking at Henderson in the run in to the Euros, surely deserves a go. 

Pickford is a very good shot stopper. If he actually is going to get found out at Everton, it won't be until the rest of the team is sorted because we've got so many issues, it's hard to really look at him and saying he's costing us games individually, unless it's really obvious like the Anfield derby last season which was his first big howler for us. He had a great game last week against West Ham, we would have lost with Howard, Robles, Stekelenburg etc. in goal, but you won't hear anything about it because he's England number one. I'm not saying he doesn't have his good and bad moments but those people who don't see him play every week generally only hear about the bad moments, because he's the England goalkeeper, for some reason he's expected to be world class every game even though that expectation isn't put on any other England footballer, so nobody praises him when he does well. You saw the same thing with Joe Hart, can't do anything wrong as long as he's establishing himself as number one. Then as soon as he's there, he can't do anything right.

I'm a big fan of Henderson as well though, he's always looked good whenever I've seen him for the England youth teams. If Ferguson was still managing Man Utd, then he'd probably replace De Gea next season, but Solskjaer doesn't have that sort of backbone.

• Subscriber

Getting the shivers about Man United v Burnley tonight, once again Chelsea could only draw with the Gunners last night and we have a chance to catch up a few points by beating Burnley but whenever that happens we lose the next match...gulp.  :shutup:  :dash3:

5 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

I actually think Man Utd have a really good chance of getting top four just because Chelsea are sliding backwards and Leicester might be going that way too. Losing Rashford might fuck them over though.

And this is where Martial should step up. But he won’t. Because he’s a luxury player. Always said this.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

And this is where Martial should step up. But he won’t. Because he’s a luxury player. Always said this.

Hasn't Martial been doing well recently though? You've also got Greenwood and while you may think he's too young this is the time to use him wherever possible to gain some kind of advantage.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived