• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Wolves 1-2 Liverpool - Thursday 23rd January, 2020

football forum

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Wolves are more than a good team. Any other day with better finishing and we lose to them. Jota should have buried it, Jimenez should have found a goal as well but it wasn't meant to be. I think this team can go on a run and get fourth if they play the way they did tonight. 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, DeadLinesman said:

Where’s Firmino’s yellow card? Inconsistency again.

Yeah ref bottled that there. 

Jota with the worst sub performance xD 

• The title was changed to Wolves 1-2 Liverpool - Thursday 23rd January, 2020

Definitely not at our best tonight but you have to hand it to wolves. Moved the ball very well, and Traore was a constant threat all game. Their team chemistry and cohesion is right up there with the best in the league.

So chuffed that we got a full 3 points tonight. That's just unbelievable that we've found a way again.

Struggle for a lot of the second half but we still had a few chances as did they. First time in weeks we've had a battle because we conceded. I knew we had a winner in us though, it's just ridiculous how they keep doing it.

Andy Robertson's worst game in a Liverpool shirt

• Subscriber
Just now, LFCMike said:

Have to agree. He looked labored and had short bursts but for most of the game he was literally a passenger. Didn't track back with the same amount of energy and made poor passes. Think he'll be back to business again in 6 days though, hes the kind of player that looks at things like this and gives it more in the next match.

I just want to see what the Mane situation is. Minamino is not there quite yet and even he had a very sloppy game today.

4 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Struggle for a lot of the second half but we still had a few chances as did they. First time in weeks we've had a battle because we conceded. I knew we had a winner in us though, it's just ridiculous how they keep doing it.

Big call imo. He definitely had a bad game, guilty for the wolves goal and out of position plenty but I don't know it was "worst ever" levels. Salah also was really disappointing for me.

2 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Have to agree. He looked labored and had short bursts but for most of the game he was literally a passenger. Didn't track back with the same amount of energy and made poor passes. Think he'll be back to business again in 6 days though, hes the kind of player that looks at things like this and gives it more in the next match.

I just want to see what the Mane situation is. Minamino is not there quite yet and even he had a very sloppy game today.

Minamino doesn't look quite like he understands the positioning required in the team - seemed nervous as fuck and timid, think it'll take some time on at Melwood to properly bed him in with our tactics.

Robertson was terrible today.

1 minute ago, Harry said:

Big call imo. He definitely had a bad game, guilty for the wolves goal and it off position plenty but I don't know it was "worst ever" levels. Salah also was really disappointing for me.

I can't really remember many, if any 'bad' games from Robertson. Today was bad. It's allowed though

• Subscriber
Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Minamino doesn't look quite like he understands the positioning required in the team - seemed nervous as fuck and timid, think it'll take some time on at Melwood to properly bed him in with our tactics.

It showed too. At times he was thinking of where to be and it didn't really seem to come naturally to him. I think there was a point in the game where you'd expect someone to be on the outside to receive the ball and he was in the middle, had a thought about it, then couldn't decide where to go and finally went to the position he was supposed to. I do think he has the guile required to play in a pressing and fast moving system as was evident with how he played around the box but hes very rough around the edges right now and it isn't the same as when he played the cup game where I thought he was fantastic.

• Administrator

Traore was on fire today and Robertson suffered. Perhaps didn't help he got little support and I think that was influenced by Mane going off as Minamino was pretty ineffective.

Henderson was quality and not just because of his goal contributions.

Wolves will come away from that thinking 'how the fuck have we not got any points there?' after that 2nd half showing especially. But I think several teams have done that this season. Liverpool just find a way.

I think that was our hardest game of the season, partially because of how good Wolves were, but partially because of how poor we were.

We were barely in it the second half until Fabinho came on, and we didn't have an answer for Adama Traore at all. Trent probably had one of his worst games for us in a few years as well. Obviously they have to take responsibility for that, but I do think you lose something from them when Oxlade-Chamberlain plays. Whichever side he's on, he doesn't do enough defensively, or even in possession, and they get pinned back. Add Traore into the mix and you get... that

But we won so fuck it. Hope Mane's okay

1 hour ago, Mel81x said:

Yeah think so. Its Southampton that worry me next.

Southampton are a form team but even still there are six pretty decent fixtures from now until the next Merseyside derby. In the same time period city play Tottenham, Leicester and United away and Arsenal at home.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived