Merconorte vs Mercosur

football forum

Merconorte

Alisson

Advincula - Mina - T. Silva - Fabra

Yotun - Barrios

Carrillo - James - Neymar

Firmino

Subs - Paolo Guerrero, Gabriel Jesus, Santiago Arias, Pedro Gallese, Salomon Rondon, Philippe Coutinho, Casemiro

Mercosur

Armani

Tagliafico - Medel - Godin - Foyth

Vidal - Torreira

Sanchez - Messi - Almiron

Cavani

Subs - Marcelo Moreno Martins, Luis Suarez, Josema Gimenez, Fede Valverde, Charles Aranguiz, Fernando Muslera, Derlis Gonzalez

Discuss.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

Cavani ahead of Suarez xD 

Casemiro has to be ahead of Yotun. Same with Coutinho ahead of James.

Cavani in my opinion is better than Suarez in 2020. 

Fair enough on the Casemiro point although James in his prime is way better than Coutinho.

1 minute ago, Berserker said:

That's because you're putting Tagliafico, who is a class LB as a RB, and Foyth who is primarily a CB as LB.

Fuck, you're right. I messed up.

Point stands for the most part though. After Marcelo, the Brazilians haven't had a prime LB come through really.

• 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Wait what's merco? I get it's north & south - but north and south of what?

Mercosur is kinda like the EU, consists of Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay and Venezuela who is suspended. There is no "merconorte" Brian just splitted it into two, Sur being the South Cone, Argentina & Uruguay and he probably included Paraguay and Norte being Brazil & Venezuela and i saw he randomly included Colombia which isn't part of Mercosur.

Just now, Berserker said:

Mercosur is kinda like the EU, consists of Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Paraguay and Venezuela who is suspended. There is no "merconorte" Brian just splitted it into two, Sur being the South Cone, Argentina & Uruguay and he probably included Paraguay and Norte being Brazil & Venezuela and i saw he randomly included Colombia who is not part of Mercosur.

There used to be a tournament called Copa Merconorte, so I didn't make it up. Also the Copa America is split into two in 2020.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Merconorte

Though I did mess it up slightly. I went strictly by memory.

2 minutes ago, Vader said:

There used to be a tournament called Copa Merconorte, so I didn't make it up. Also the Copa America is split into two in 2020.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_Merconorte

Though I did mess it up slightly. I went strictly by memory.

But you messed it up anyway as if you went by those cups you'd need to put Brazil in south and you put in it north.

Just now, DeadLinesman said:

How would I not be neutral over Cole? He’s a fucking bellend and I’m not an England fan. Several neutrals voted for both Cole and Lahm.

As in not just a PL fan.

But I'm just assuming at this point.

Just now, Berserker said:

But you messed it up anyway as if you went by those cups you'd need to put Brazil in south and you put in it north.

Yep. Whatever, let's just say this is the "Copa America 2020" groups barring Qatar and Australia.

I'm not an expert on Mercosur or anything to do with politics anywhere. Maybe if I had lived in Peru my whole life, I would have known xD

3 minutes ago, Vader said:

As in not just a PL fan.

But I'm just assuming at this point.

You tend to do that a lot mate. I watch plenty of games from Germany and Italy. Never got into Spanish football though. I hold my hands up that most of my viewing now is in the form of highlights packages, but bias from the leagues you watch will come into it. There’s not a chance that any Bundesliga fan will have watched Cole more than me or others. Same works that I won’t have seen Lahm for a 1/10 of the games they’ll have seen him play for Bayern and Germany. 

Anyhoo, I’m not derailing your thread any further xD

31 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Personally, I think there's gotta be a better midfielder than James to put in the norte side.

29 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I'd also put a different winger in than Carrillo. Richarlison would be a better shout IMO.

James is a top midfielder that just lacks attitude problems. He's kind of like Pogba in a way. Could be absolutely world class but is too arrogant and doesn't focus enough.

Only difference is for Colombia he is still very much a difference maker, something Pogba isn't for either side.

As for Carrillo, yeah perhaps there is better but I felt the need to include at least one player from each nation at least in subs. Not sure if the answer is Richarlison though.

Archived