talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Yellowstone

football forum

6 hours ago, nudge said:

There are rumours circulating that the show will end with Season 5, as apparently there are huge disagreements with Kevin Costner in terms of shooting schedule, due to Costner working on his own multi-part Western epic movie. But don't worry, a new spinoff series is already in planning, with Matthew McConaughey expected to take the lead role xD 

https://collider.com/yellowstone-ending-with-season-5/

Actually would make sense to end it, as I think the show risks becoming way too repetitive and less and less believable. The prequels were (are) great, so I would rather see new stories in the same universe instead of continuing with the whole "Beth is crazy, Jamie is a cunt, they hate each other, and John is indestructible" schtick with a new or modified set of villains every season.  

I was reading elsewhere that Matthew McConaughey might be taking over... 

Yellowstone: Kevin Costner out, Matthew McConaughey in, reports claim (msn.com)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, nudge said:

I assume he'll play a different character though, there's like a 20 year age difference between the two xD 

I can't see it working any other way... not even convinced he could carry it off as another character to be honest not in this type of series.. 

• Subscriber
3 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I can't see it working any other way... not even convinced he could carry it off as another character to be honest not in this type of series.. 

Yes, I'm not convinced either. Good actor, but somehow doesn't appear to suit the vibe of the show, imo. 

• 1 month later...
  • Subscriber

Binged 1923 while I was off sick here. What a great spin off yet again, they smashed this one out of the park. Taylor Sheridan is a quickly becoming one of the best story teller's already. I cant wait for the next season.

Archived